Vote for new "line" for the 1/48 series

Jin_Kune_Do

What Macross Series do you wanna see Yamato make in 1/48?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What Macross Series do you wanna see Yamato make in 1/48?

• Macross Plus
    • Macross Zero
    • Macross 7

Graham has said that the scale for the future Yamato's is going to be 1/72...so I would imagine that the Macross Zero toys are that scale as well

Larry

EDIT---Hey JsArclight....I love the Valkyries in Macross Zero, but I would probably be much more interested if I had a freaking clue as to what was going on in the OVA....I guess that I will have to wait for some sort of officially released subtitled version.

Edited by twich

My votes for Mac+, I really dig the mecha designs.

I voted for Zero mostly because of the ansiety I feel right now to have a VF-0D toy whatever the scale is but then the sheer idea of a VF-0 in 1/48 scale horrorised me , we´ve discussed about the possibility of 1/48 M+ toys and many people have realised that such a thing would be stupidly unpractical because of the size of the M+ mechas , and in that sense M0 toys would be even worse yet because of their larger size.

It would be nice to have better toy renditions of non-SDF Macross mechas but since the VF-1 is one of the smallest mechas in Macross I think we should reconsider whether 1/48 is really apropiate if we want 1/48 VF-1 kinda toys.

I vote for more DYRL and SDF Macross. :p

I'm saying Macross 7. That's right, I said SEVEN. More than any other Valkyrie, I want Yamato to have the chance to do a truly great VF-17.

I'll back you up on this one, and I'm a little surprised so few others voted for 7. Whether you liked the series or not, you can't deny it had some of the coolest mecha designs period.

I'm still hoping for a VF-17, 19S, and/or 22S. A VF-11C in full armor would be the icing on the cake (and expensive, but I'm getting used to that by now ...) ;)

7. VF-19S and VF-19 Kai, VF-22S, VF-17D/S, VF-11C, Armored VF-11, Varuta mecha and most of all what I want to see... Battle Seven!

But I'd probably be happy with a compromise VF-X/2 license. :)

After much thought, okay about 30 seconds worth, I voted Macross 7.

I'd love to see super-detailed VF-17S/D with FPs, VF-19F/S with FPs and a VF-11C with FPs in 1/48 scale. Heck, I'd even buy the VF-19Kai, although I'd probably draw the line at Mylene's VF-11MAXL Custom.

Of course, I love all Macross, so whatever Yamato decides to do next in 1/48 scale be it Zero, Plus, 7, D7, II or FB2012 I'd be as happy as a pig in crap :D

I'm just imagining my display cabinet filled with 1/48 VFs from every series. Now that would be a dream come true.

Graham

nahh.. make mine Mac Plus - I love the streamlined design of the 11b and the 19. Although to match the size of the macross 1:48's they would be roughly 1:55 scale? (at a guess?)

I'd say Plus in the 1/48 to make tham the biggest VF toys ever! They're my favorite designs and it's my favorite series in the story. If that happens, I'd volunteer to paint the box art for cheap(I'm a comercial artist for games and entertainment)! You hear that Yamato!

So I take it, Macross II is out of the question?!

I want my squadron of VF-2S/S.A.P.s and VF-2Js!!! What's wrong with Macross II?! It looks like Bandai isn't doing anything with it anymore (license-wise?), and a VF-2J seems open for exploration. Has there even been a VF-2J model or toy designed, ever? I really like most, if not all, of the designs in Macross II. Unless it is so old that Yamato doesn't think it's remotely profitable/popular enough to warrant any interest... Is there something that I'm missing here?

Edited by VF-2SS-BloodPhoenix

Woo, lots of votes for Macross Zero. I'm actually kind of shocked that Macross Zero would receive so many votes. I know the 0D is the best thing since sliced bread, but Macross Zero, like Macross DYRL, is just full of variants. I can already see people starting to complain about releases being repetitive. To a certain extent, the same goes with Macross 7. At least with Macross Plus, three releases, three different planes, and bam, it's all done.

I voted for M+; however, if given a choice I'd say ALL THE ABOVE...bring'em on baby! :lol:

So I take it, Macross II is out of the question?!

I want my squadron of VF-2S/S.A.P.s and VF-2Js!!! What's wrong with Macross II?! It looks like Bandai isn't doing anything with it anymore (license-wise?), and a VF-2J seems open for exploration. Has there even been a VF-2J model or toy designed, ever? I really like most, if not all, of the designs in Macross II. Unless it is so old that Yamato doesn't think it's remotely profitable/popular enough to warrant any interest... Is there something that I'm missing here?

How could I have forgotten M2? I'd kill for a VF-2SS with removable SAP in 1/48, and the VF-2J isn't too shabby either. B)

Edited by mechaninac

Ouch, I forgot about Macross II, also. I want a Metal Siren and VF-2SS! That variable Marduk one would be cool too (was called the "Gilgamesh Type-III Annihilator" in the RPG but don't know if thats accurate or not).

After much thought, okay about 30 seconds worth, I voted Macross 7.

I'd love to see super-detailed VF-17S/D with FPs, VF-19F/S with FPs and a VF-11C with FPs in 1/48 scale. Heck, I'd even buy the VF-19Kai, although I'd probably draw the line at Mylene's VF-11MAXL Custom.

Of course, I love all Macross, so whatever Yamato decides to do next in 1/48 scale be it Zero, Plus, 7, D7, II or FB2012 I'd be as happy as a pig in crap :D

I'm just imagining my display cabinet filled with 1/48 VFs from every series. Now that would be a dream come true.

Graham

Anything to keep us Macross fans happy. :D

I wound up voting for Macross 7, as that would provide the most variety. I mean, cannon fodder VF-11s, Pink Pecker VF-11s (C'mon! You know you want one! If for nothing else than humour value!), the various VF-17s (think of it, a Millia VF-17), Diamond Force, Max and Villia VF-22s, Millia's VF-1J (which is slightly different from her SDF Macross VF-1J), the Jamming Birds VF-11, and tons more.