Otaku purity test

Sucky poll. It seem to just count the "yes" without any weight to the questions. Some questions should have a lot more weight than others.

It feels like 6 years out of date with all those Laser Disc and VHS questions. No, the majority of my harddrive are anime fansub, not not anime mp3's.

Sucky poll. It seem to just count the "yes" without any weight to the questions. Some questions should have a lot more weight than others.

Yeah, that's the same problem that all of these polls have. For example, the questions like "Do you know what a "seiyuu" is? " always bug me. We all know what a child molester is, but should that count as 1% towards our "child molester score?" I don't think so. <_<

Hey, did you all noticed that some questions that precedes a string of "topic" related questions are really insulting? :D Like naming with anime character names...

# Did you name your computer after an anime character?

Actually, my current machine is named "Jehuty"

The previous incarnation was Skynet :p

I named my computer Yggdrasil.

Back when I had my old laptop, there were 3 computers in the house, so I had my Magi.

My computer = Balthasar, Dad's = Melchior, laptop = Caspar.

You've got to be careful with the 3 Macross/Robotech questions they've got in the middle. :lol:

I was wondering if question 54 was reversed.. how can liking Robotech make you more of an anime fan?

You've got to be careful with the 3 Macross/Robotech questions they've got in the middle. :lol:

I was wondering if question 54 was reversed.. how can liking Robotech make you more of an anime fan?

it does not. sayign yes to any question is not a positive. it depdns on wha tyou have done and not done.

it does not. sayign yes to any question is not a positive. it depdns on wha tyou have done and not done.

Nope... it's pretty obvious math. For every yes you answer, the higher your rating is. So saying Yes to any question is a positive - on that particular test.

I got 38 out of 200, making me 81 % otaku pure and 19% otaku corrupted. Get a calculator and see for yourself.

As for my score... Not too bad. I don't feel too dorky now. Give me a test on music and I'll be revealed to be a complete goob. ;)

Full-time otaku in training (not yet willing to leave your life behind) You answered "yes" to 53 of 200 questions, making you 73.5% otaku pure (26.5% otaku corrupt). Pretty much what I figured per anime, but I'd fail any test about soundtracks - I'm TOTALLY a nerd there :D

93% pure... I didn't know crap on that list.

That's because your interest in anime goes as far as Major Focker, his VF-1S Strike Valkyrie, booze, women, blowing crap up while intoxicated and ventilating giant aliens before going out in a blaze of glory. :)

That's because your interest in anime goes as far as Major Focker, his VF-1S Strike Valkyrie, booze, women, blowing crap up while intoxicated and ventilating giant aliens before going out in a blaze of glory. :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

NO KIDDING!

I am 82.5% otaku pure (17.5% otaku corrupt).

Here is the result of your otaku Purity Test.

You answered "yes" to 135 of 200 questions, making you 32.5% otaku pure (67.5% otaku corrupt).

Um is it bad that My computer's name is Sharon Apple?? or the fact that im only 19..........

oh and for those who are wondering.

What does your % purity mean?

I have received several complaints that the purity test program does not appear to be calculating purity correctly. These come from users who expect that answering yes to more questions will result in a higher purity. This is a result of confusion about the meaning of the term purity. As applied to the results of a purity test, your purity is proportional to how many things in the domain of the test you have not done. The more you have done, the less pure (and more corrupt) you are in the test's domain. In other words, the foo test tells you how pure/uncorrupt you are in the domain of fooity, not how purely foo you are. If the nerd test tells you you're 99% nerd pure, it does not mean you're 99% pure nerd (ack!)

76.5%, far higher than I expected.  Never mind the purple-haired anime chick avatar.  :)

Speaking of which...

Is that Miang from Xenogears?

Yes it is. :) I switch avatars occasionally, but it's always her.

Good pic of her there.

76% pure! I thought I was going to score much lower.

As for knowing Japanese history, specifically Feudal Japan and a bit on WWII, it's because I watched a bunch of movies. Japanese language, subtitled and all. My favorites are Samurai movies. You can't beat a bunch of guys running around in a battlefield with swords, pikes, arrows, and muskets all over the place. My favorite was this limited series by NHK on Oda Nobunaga (1992 or 1993?). I can't tell you how many Fridays I gave up to watch that thing at 9p.m. That kicked alot of ***.

70.5% Pure, 29.5% Corrupt ... course that was treating the Laser Disc questions as if they were about DVDs :p

I mainly stick with mecha anime (either "super" or "realistic" type, depending on mood...both are about the same to me :D ) and occasionaly go for something outside the genre as long as it's sci-fi or fantasy basied.

i sucked out

Here is the result of your otaku Purity Test.

You answered "yes" to 37 of 200 questions, making you 81.5% otaku pure (18.5% otaku corrupt).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to The Armory's Purity Test Page

Go to the Armory Home Page

The purity test SCORING SYSTEM is maintained by John DuBois (spcecdt@armory.com)

If you wish to read about or comment on the TESTS, go to the Purity Test Page.

Do you have an idea for a purity test of your own? Make One!