My 'Not Millia' Resin statue

Sam

Howdy folks,

just a couple of shots of what I just finished, (other than the mospeada ride armour that is..), its my first attempt at a resin kit that i bought off ebay.. was only a cheapy, but quite happy with how it turned out !

Basically only pinned a couple of things..it was a god awful fit and I had to amputate her left foot and pin it lower, putty and sand it back so it looks normal and both feet touch the ground! :o

I used tamiya acrylics, base is flat flesh using brown and white for darkened pits and raised areas. Im loving these transparent colours still, and as i wanted a 'see through' dress, what better paint to use than see through red! :D

Gold trimmed to mimic that minmei china doll dress, and green haired beauty that is darling Millia! Might have to do some more highlights in her hair in the morning though.. its 1:10am ni the morning, and have a busy day ahead of me! B))

WARNING.. its a bit risque!!

See what you think for a first attempt at figure modelling resins :)

Sam

post-3-1082909421_thumb.jpg

final product...

( had to snap her right arm off so I could paint the dress... lesson learned, never glue till u think bout how ur painting the figure... *sigh* )

So anyone else here a figure modeller?

Sam

post-3-1082909548_thumb.jpg

Thnks for the feedback. ur right about the hair, seeing as I had just painted, I couldn't matte finish it so its still glossy ;) Also need to add light green into the hair for the 'anime hightlight' effect :)

i really cant remember the name of the kit, I got it cuz it looked simple to put together,*few parts* and it was a good test subject. 'Overdard??' seems to stick in my head, but I dont know if its the girls name or brand or series or what.?? It could be G Taste like SK said, but I dont know..Still, its looked interesting but simple. :D

Now Roy, there are no kits out there for me to make Millia from so allow this fanboy his dreams :p or nothing I could come across that looked like her. :huh:

Anyways, just sharing :) Thanks for the comments, it all helps.

Im off to do her hair, and touch up the face now its daylight.!! :D:D

Sam

It definitely has an OverDard feel. You can usually tell a kit is OverDard when it seems like the woman comes with three heads on a body with almost no hips.

In anycase, I like this kit. Risque is always, always good, to a point. Accuracy be damned. The breasts don't look anything like the original Millia, so why should the face?

PS: OverDard is the sculptor's pseudonym.

Edited by Stamen0083

It definitely has an OverDard feel. You can usually tell a kit is OverDard when it seems like the woman comes with three heads on a body with almost no hips.

In anycase, I like this kit. Risque is always, always good, to a point. Accuracy be damned. The breasts don't look anything like the original Millia, so why should the face?

PS: OverDard is the sculptor's pseudonym.

heh, thanks for the clarification mate B)) I knew it sorta rang a bell, but didn't know bout that pyseudonym part, thanks :)

How bout I will just get this moved to the OTHER ANIME section, as it seems to be a consensus on it not being Millia, which i already know, and just make it 'The green haired girl'. I think it would be better not to attempt it it seems to style after a character and show it off here, more negative seems to come of it.

Didn't realise it would be such a problem to try and make it as close to the character colours, without changing the sculpt. It was a test of transparency painting skills, now hentai cuz of nipples i guess showing through, which I thought came out pretty good for a first go, so whatever....

For those who just want to see what the hair turned out like, heres a newer pic. I dont know if the hair highlights are overdone, but its a trial, so.. oh, also put the matte finish on, dulls it back the right way now.

I know its not millia, so no need to keep pointing that out.

But thanks for any of the positive comments, I appreciate it. :)

Sam

post-3-1082942916_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sam

I like it (not that I could safely display a kit like that). Good work. No it's not Millia, but it fits in a way as an interpretation. If you want to call it your Millia then go for it. Either way an impressive paint job. I am normally rather impressed with transparent paint jobs. All your other modeling benefitted you fine for a resin figure kit.

Maybe try some Evangelion kits? There are tons of them in every scale and many of them seem easy enough, not too many parts. May be good for resin statue practice. I'm no painter to build any myself though, statues are not in my league.

:):):):)

U know whats an awesome co-incidence Anubis? The reason why I got this test subject,*and a couple of other test subjects yet to be made,* was FOR an eva kit, funny you should mention it!

The one of Misato in this pic shows something I wanted to make, but wanted to make *well*. So, a few kits later and I will tackle it :) I also found this one of Rei which looked kinda cool. Belldandy was something I picked up later and while I dont like Sailor moon generally, when I saw this Saturn kit, I couldn't resist :p

So yeh, got a couple of other 'sacrificial lambs' before i tackle eva kits, but its all in prep, trial and error..

Thanks

Sam

post-26-1082951883_thumb.jpg

I think I've seen that Misato resin before.....it'll look GREAT when you're done.

Hobbyfan is releasing a prepainted version of that kit. I pre-ordered it a couple of weeks ago.

I really want to see the Belldandy and Sailor Saturn when they're done, too.

In fact, be sure to show us your work-ups of all 4 of them!

:):):):)

I will be more than glad to share the "progress shots" of my up comings, some might not be quite this, uh...naughty, but hopefully will be worth ur time to click on the thread :pB))

Thanks for the support :)

Sam

*im trying to fix my computer at the moment, just got broadband on, and windows xp is hving trouble talking with my nvidia fx 5200, or so it seems..it keeps crashing or black screening or blue screening me... ugh... so ive reinstalled and gone clean.. so may not be posting pix as often as i like... ugh...wish me luck!*

Before you put the head on it looked like she was drenched in blood because she got her head cut off, for some reason I find THAT more of a turn-on than the finished model.

The mandarin dress and breasts that could feed an entire orphanage are what make it look like a G-taste kit. I seem to recall there being a character in G-taste that wore a similar dress (although, she wore her hair very long.)