Batman Begins !

If they do a sequal to this ( and they will ) i hope the writing is as good as it was here...and to make sure it is...i hope they remember batman is a DETECTIVE first and foremost ..if they can remember that it wont matter what goofy gadgets or goofy criminals he fights if they remember teh detective aspect of it they can write a good story with involving characaters

i thought the sleuthing ..although limited in this movie was pretty good and set him up for more hardcore detective work in the future

Batman was just scary though in this movie...he put on that cowl and all his talking became growling

Actually its odd  but theres a few scenes where i was just waiting ..gasping ..to hear elfmans batman....towards the end

by the way this movie  has one of the best closing lines ever

Oh my GOD!!!!! I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is hands down my favorite MOVIE of all time. Usually I wouldn't be able to say any one movie is better than another because of different genres, but this movie works we'll on so many different levels. Batman is FINALLY given justice.

I really thought they explained everthing very well too. Even as to why he wears a costume....not what costume but why, this really ment alot for me because of the REALIST approach that was taken in this movie, and I gotta admit that I kinda thought Batman was a bit scary at times, which is PERFECT.

Not giving anything away, but his first "scene" is freaking cool. My wife was like "hell no" if she was a thug.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

If they do a sequal to this ( and they will ) i hope the writing is as good as it was here...and to make sure it is...i hope they remember batman is a DETECTIVE first and foremost ..if they can remember that it wont matter what goofy gadgets or goofy criminals he fights if they remember teh detective aspect of it they can write a good story with involving characaters

i thought the sleuthing ..although limited in this movie was pretty good and set him up for more hardcore detective work in the future

Batman was just scary though in this movie...he put on that cowl and all his talking became growling

Hell YA!!!!! I heard that Nolan is signed on for a few sequals...so that's a good start.

As for scary.

Spoilers (minor quote from movie)

When he had Flask upside down on the roof.

FLASK: " I swear to GOD!"

Batman"You better SWEAR TO ME"yelled out was freaking intense!!!!

Also gotta say I really like the score. It is sort of a minimalist approach ala the New Galactica just not that minimal. It has definate themes it just doesn't really go all grandeous like alot of Hero/action movies will....It builds and builds and then goes "dark". I'm listing too it right now and it is very intense at times with the unrelenting drum beat at times. It can really get you pumped up at times. Much more appropriate for this movie then a grand theme like Elfmans.

Chris

Ladic & Ebert give it 2 thumbs WAY UP! :)

They even say it's one of the years best movies...not best action movie or summer movie...just MOVIE!!! ;)

Chris

Actually its odd but theres a few scenes where i was just waiting ..gasping ..to hear elfmans batman....towards the end

by the way this movie has one of the best closing lines ever

Agreed. :D

and for whomever made the comment about the humor...you are right on, I totally agree. No forced humor, just realist spur of the moment stuff....not by Batman by the way either....thankfully.

Chris

All right, that's it. I'm watching it tonight. If it's as entertaining as Sin City, then it's worth the ticket.

I might go see the film tonight as well. All this talk of the film is driving me crazy! I must see it :)

You gotta be crazy waiting this long.... lol... the only reason I want you guys to see it is so that we can start spilling the beans and actually talk about the movie. Should we start a spoiler thread for Batman?

I'm actually holding back from seeing it again... I just saw it yesterday and it seems like it's been a long time already... I'm seeing it again for sure next week.

Edited by >EXO<

All right, that's it. I'm watching it tonight. If it's as entertaining as Sin City, then it's worth the ticket.

I might go see the film tonight as well. All this talk of the film is driving me crazy! I must see it :)

You gotta be crazy waiting this long.... lol... the only reason I want you guys to see it is so that we can start spilling the beans and actually talk about the movie. Should we start a spoiler thread for Batman?

I'm actually holding back from seeing it again... I just saw it yesterday and it seems like it's been a long time already... I'm seeing it again for sure next week.

HA HA!! I feel the same way! :lol:

Chris

That's it, I can't take it anymore. I'm going to watch it tonight, even though I'm gonna be dead for work tomorrow. To hell with it, it's Friday tomorrow, so I'll have the weekend to recover :)

Damn you EXO! :p

Haha. Told you guys its good. :lol:

Feels a bit odd at the beginning of the movie. A bit dis-oriented in terms of what and where we are seeing. Feel a bit different from previous Batman movies or fantasy comics/cartoons. And they showed and explained a lot more things than I expected, making all the details about who is Batman much more believable. I feel like they went over so much stuff that, I thought the movie would end like 2/3 of the way. But it still keep going, and gets better & better with more intense action stuff. By the time it really ended, it felt like a really good & long (but in a good way) thrill ride, which I don't get that often when watching action movies. And definitely not this thrilled.

Music is very good. Not too sure if there are many memorable tunes or themes, but worked really well with the movie overall. Its one of those that doesn't stand out, but help you feel all the emotions & excitement while watching the movie. Great cast too, with great supporting actors. Some roles just wouldn't feel the same if its done by someone else.

The only gripe I have is Batman's mouth. Doesn't look as cool as Michael Keaton's, and they put WAY too much make up on. Both my other co-workers spot that, so its not just me about the make up. Look kind of funny whenever they have Batman in close-up.

Think its my favorite U.S. super hero movie by far.

Just came back from AMC Theatres in Burbank, CA. The actual Tumbler was on display, and I must say that it's much smaller than expected. It's as wide as a Hummer, but it's no taller than a regular 4-door sedan and no longer than a mid-sized pickup. Nevertheless, it's an awesome work of art.

As for the movie itself, I couldn't agree more that Batman Begins is the best of the entire bunch. Gone are the hokey elements and cartoonish designs that marred the last few films. Instead, you have more realistic settings and much darker elements. And despite the fact that Scarecrow was a total wuss in the film, Christian Bale and Liam Neeson really make the movie worth the ticket.

I'll be watching it and Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith again this Saturday.

Anybody else disappointed with who that had kill bruce's parents. Joe Coolie! WTF Napier did it! I'm guessing that Napier ends up killing Katie Holme's character at the start of the next movie.

In the Batman: Year One comics, Joe Chill (NOT "Coolie," BTW) killed Bruce's parents.

So I ask him why, and if it was because Neeson was in Star Wars.  He replies, "No, I just think he's a good actor.  He was great as Qui Gon."

The irony is that Neeson is a better Qui Gon in Batman Begins than he was in Ep. I. Hearing him spout about fear and the danger of losing oneself to his anger... in the middle of a swordfight no less...

Just makes us realize how much better he could have been in Star Wars with some real direction.

Bale as Wayne was great. One of my few complaints is that the action scenes were a little hard to follow. They were mostly just closeup flurries of black rubber and people falling, which worked well enough... but I would have liked a few scenes that showed the action more clearly, perhaps slowed down a tad, or more shots where Batman's form and pose shows up distinct against the background. Comics have always given lavish attention to dynamic poses and shots, laid out on huge panels that awe you with power and emotion. Would have been nice to seen a tribute to that sort of presentation in the film, especially as it got so much else right.

My other complaint is that Bale's forced growling as Batman made me want to chuckle at times. I know it's supposed to add emotion, power, and frightfactor to his alter-ego-- and it was a nice link to Keaton's Batman-- but think I might have preferred a more reserved and composed delivery.

I think we've found the perfect actor to play Solid Snake, though.

-Al

Edited by Sundown

Saw the 9:45 showing last night and it was very good. It wasn't quite up to my level of enthusiasm and I know I overworked myself prior to release. However, the film fulfilled most of my hopes and was a genuinely great Batman flick. I'll write a complete review later and post it, but for now I just had to post that I liked it and would absolutely watch it again. The batmobile chase...my gawd did it rock. And Liam Neeson's character is about as far from his Star Wars/Kingdom of Heaven role as you can get. Watch the film and you'll know why. Oh yeah, and it's one of his better roles in the past few years.

The show was great...but action scenes could've been better. Too much camera jerking and blurring. Guess they didn't wanna waste time with the martials arts and stuff. :D

Saw the 9:45 showing last night and it was very good. It wasn't quite up to my level of enthusiasm and I know I overworked myself prior to release. However, the film fulfilled most of my hopes and was a genuinely great Batman flick. I'll write a complete review later and post it, but for now I just had to post that I liked it and would absolutely watch it again. The batmobile chase...my gawd did it rock. And Liam Neeson's character is about as far from his Star Wars/Kingdom of Heaven role as you can get. Watch the film and you'll know why. Oh yeah, and it's one of his better roles in the past few years.

doh... maybe we got your hopes up too much... I really didn't think that was possible. I'm pretty confident in recommending this.

Saw the 9:45 showing last night and it was very good.  It wasn't quite up to my level of enthusiasm and I know I overworked myself prior to release.  However, the film fulfilled most of my hopes and was a genuinely great Batman flick.  I'll write a complete review later and post it, but for now I just had to post that I liked it and would absolutely watch it again.  The batmobile chase...my gawd did it rock.  And Liam Neeson's character is about as far from his Star Wars/Kingdom of Heaven role as you can get.  Watch the film and you'll know why.  Oh yeah, and it's one of his better roles in the past few years.

doh... maybe we got your hopes up too much... I really didn't think that was possible. I'm pretty confident in recommending this.

Nah. I was somewhat more excited about this film than I should have been, but my enthusiasm has been going for a long time. Check out my posts in the first Batman threads and you'll see I'm quite charged even back then. In my opinion, this new Batman film was better than any of the other Batman movies, but it's still off from my ideal (which is a fairly unrealistic expectation of ANY film). Trsut me, it wasn't aynthing you guys did, you were just there to give a little push :)

I just saw the IMAX version last night. I liked it a lot. They focused so little on the romance and so much more on the actual idea/concept/theme of Batman and how conflicted the character is. It was a good start to the trilogy.

I would have preferred that they showed more of Batman's detective skills, but that will probably show up in the 2nd film when he tracks down you know who (the 'calling card'). I didn't like batman's voice either, it was too forced. And I don't know what they were doing with the action scenes...I couldn't see anything but Batman's face once in awhile. I wished they would pan out the camera again and (like a previous poster stated) focus more on dynamic poses which Batman is known for.

Overall a well done, serious take on Batman for the comic book fans

Edited by Valkyrie23

It was a good start to the trilogy.

.............Must have !

Noel

i can see someone really liked the movie :lol::lol:

It was a good start to the trilogy.

.............Must have !

Noel

i can see someone really liked the movie :lol::lol:

Always been a Batman fan

back 1989, Batman was Best for me

Batman returns was ok

Batman Forever was acceptable

I did not even bother about Clooney & Co

The animated series is my favourite US cartoon production

:)

Batman Begins just starts the real.... New Hope

:)

Noel

there are 2 batman series running in the USA the older 1990s "Batman" animated series (which i thought was real good) and the newer "The Batman" which is currently running on cartoon network. do you like the newer one at all?

Just saw Batman Begin myself tonight. It is everything you hope to see in a Batman movie and so much more. Good story, good acting, good dialogues. A very satisfying film over all.

The movie did fall short on a few things. One part was the action. It was very unclear of what occurs every time someone fights. Often too blurry to make out anything. They also downplayed Batman a lot in this movie so it had very little iconic images. And for a comic book movie it needs visuals that should ingrain into the audience's mind. There are no definitive shots that served the purpose.

To me, the first half of the movie was the best part. Every scene had conflict, all propelled Bruce Wayne's drive and motivation which shaped him into Batman.

Bruce's conflict over he parent's death.

Bruce's conflict about his own path.

Bruce's conflict with killing.

Bruce's conflict of living up to his father.

Bruce's conflict with his own fear.

Bruce's conflict between vengeance and justice.

I didn't think the second half after Bruce Wayne became Batman was as interesting but it was still pretty good. His fight against Gotham's corruption took place on many levels. Batman cleaning up the criminal underworld and Bruce Wayne regaining control of his fortune/business were both handled smartly.

Batmobile chase, scarecrow, bat swarm, Ra's Al Ghul's assualt on Gotham was all cool and fun stuff. But the whole point of the movie never lost itself. Bruce's search and struggle to be something bigger than himself did result in more than an ideal or symbol or even Batman. What he found was even better... he became HOPE.

When Rachel told Bruce she may see the man she once knew return someday, this implies that Batman's crusade CAN change the world for good and he will have a chance to be just a man again. It is the only time I've ever seen real hope instilled in Batman (no movie, cartoon, or comic ever pointed that out)

And that's the most important thing the film addressed.

well it's more like 3 versions of batman

batman animated -92

adventures of batman & robin -98

the batman- current

all of my posse considers "battie chan" to be horrendous and insulting.

i've yet to see it to pass judgement

but i'm getting batman animated season 3 friday along with mask of the phantasm and subzero....i need a better job.