Inside a TRU Japan

joke-machine

Don't know if this has been posted before or not, but I ran across this today when searching for some toy figures. For those of us who live stateside, or anywhere else non-Japan this is really hella cool. The site is a picture reference of going through aisle by aisle a Japanese TRU store, of course focusing on the boys toys. There are Macross valks, Gundam figures and models, Transformers, Ultraman figs, Godzilla figs, and soooooooooo much more that is just simply mouth watering. Those of you that live in Japan or have an opportunity to shop there are soo lucky.

Japanese TRU Pictoral review

Edited by joke-machine

Yeah TRU Japan is pretty awesome! The one by my house kinda sucks but if you go into the Big City you can find a way bigger selection. I personally stop by TRU about once a week on my way home. Mainly to buy Pretzels.....it's the only lace in Japan to get them at a decent price.

If any of you ever do get a chance to come to Japan, TRU is definately a place to stop and look around!

Rob MN

Yeah TRU Japan is pretty awesome! The one by my house kinda sucks but if you go into the Big City you can find a way bigger selection. I personally stop by TRU about once a week on my way home. Mainly to buy Pretzels.....it's the only lace in Japan to get them at a decent price.

If any of you ever do get a chance to come to Japan, TRU is definately a place to stop and look around!

Rob MN

Hmmm, never been to TRU's in Osaka. However if you take the Hankyuu from Umeda there's a tiny little TRU in Nishinomiya and a bigger one few stops from the final stop in Shinkaichi. Been many years.... I forget already.

:o That TRU is stocked pretty full. I'd be lucky to find the local TRU that well stocked, even at Xmas time.

I'd definitely spend too much at that TRU in Japan if I was lucky enough to visit. :(

man, I so wanna move over to japan now. TRU Japan makes TRU USA look like a babies R us. :p:D:lol: And dood!!! I'd never thought I'd see a 1/48 on a TRU shelf! :blink:

Edited by BoBe-Patt

Now someone please explain why I was born in Canada, our TRU are soooo lame compared to this.

No kidding. I think the TRU in Winnipeg have maybe 3 1/2 aisles of actual toys, with the balance of the store made up of baby stuff, a couple of bikes, and a few stuffed animals. Even the TRU down in Fargo is better than all of Winnipegs combined. Pretty pathetic, really.

I went to one Toys R Us in Japan back when I was there, but I don't remember all this cool stuff. Granted I was with my host sister and she wasn't exactly patient when it came to looking at giant robots and other 'kids stuff' so I grabbed a 1/10th R/C Skyline and left.

I think one of the cooler things about Toys R Us' in Japan is that they stocked a lot of American junk food and candy that you couldn't find anywhere else, from what I remember.

Now someone please explain why I was born in Canada, our TRU are soooo lame compared to this. On the other hand, I'd be poor as hell if I had this much choice here.

I know the feeling fellow Canuck! :( If I happen to visit Japan sometime in my lifetime, (for sure I will) this is the first I'll be going to! B)) Monkey-N, do you know exactly where they are located?

Maybe its just me.... but I sort of drooled and had a mine almost heart attack when I saw this picture.

http://www.collectiondx.com/features/japan...es/P5311246.jpg

*giggles* :p

It's the promised land! :blink:

Oh yeah! All the Gundam model kits, and Macross stuff, gimme, gimme, gimme!!! :blink:

I went to a TRU in Tokyo...in Sunshine center or something like that. it was really convenient cuz the hotel I stayed at, the Prince hotel(or something like that) was built right next to the shopping center. I mean it was literally connected with it. Funny thing about Japan's TRU...absolutely NO BARBIES! lol, their pink isle is made up of Hello Kitty stuff :lol:

Prices are pretty good, especially during the time I went last year around august. Yen to Dollar was really good, not like now. I got my first low viz there for 9800 yen, which at that time was probably around $85. Model kits are cheaper if you go to hobby stores. SOC things IIRC were about retail. everything else, I either have no idea on or didn't check out. But I can tell you, that TRU was awesome, I went sometimes 2 times a day to check out stuff because it was so close.

Monkey-N, do you know exactly where they are located?

They are everywhere. I know of 3 just in my area. One is right next to the Kindergarten where I work. But there si a difference in the stores. Set up is the same but alot of the items are different. But I guess that is the same with any store.

Rob MN

I wish there was a toy shop like that where I live. But on the other hand, thanks good there isnt, I would be separated, jobless and flat broke.

And WHAT is tha DOG TRANSLATOR thingie is! How can a thing like that exist at all!

you be quiet! they need a TRU like that in shanghai, and at Jpn prices too!! I'd go everyday and make friends with the employees! :lol:

so it's the same story everywhere except in japan

when I walked into a TRU in Rotterdam 10 yrs ago they had everything stacked to the ceiling and at least 2 meters wide, an abundance of everything

when I stepped into that same TRU 5 years ago, they had an abundance of empty shelfspace

taxes must have been a bitch for all those unsold items