14 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I'm excited to see the trailer as this is the movie I'm most excited to see this year. It'll be a pure TRANSFORMERS movie (finally!) so I expect it'll be really good!!

I wish I could be so enthusiastic, but I have no expectations for this at all. Nevertheless, I'm curious to see the trailer if only to get a feel for it. I hope it's good. 

It is, pretty much exactly, what I expected.  It's about Transformers, but it's targeted at kids, with the sort of writing you'd expect for a box office release targeting that demographic, with the same sort of "what popular Hollywood names can we attach?" over "does this voice sound like what we imagine for the character?"  Is it the sort of Transformers story I really want?  Of course not (that'd be an adaptation of James Roberts' More Than Meets the Eye series from IDW comics).  But it's the kind of Transformers movie my daughter will want to watch in the theater with me.

It was like an episode of Earthspark, as I said before. In addition, it suggests that the Decepticons were Cybertron's defense force before the planet's current repressive government. We just need to know if the old man giving the t-cogs is Megatronus (and yes, I know he's Alpha Trion)

5 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

We are not the target audience for this movie ☹️

I'm 100% certain we are not.

3 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

But it's the kind of Transformers movie my daughter will want to watch in the theater with me.

Yeah. Definitely a take-the-kids-on-a-weekend-afternoon-theater-trip-movie. I'm not saying it's good or bad (I won't know and I'm not golng to see it anyways), but for people with kids, this seems like that ideal movie to bring them to see on a weekend afternoon.

I actually just showed it to my daughter, and she loved the trailer.  She thought Bumblebee was hilarious, and said that the movie "looks cool".  She's 8, turning 9 before September.  There, she's the target audience.  Transformers One is designed to appeal to the same crowd that made the Super Mario Bros movie a huge hit.  And just like SMB, TFOne will use humor aimed at that age bracket, big Hollywood names, and have a simple and safe story as Paramount attempts to rake in some of that SMB money.

Ultimately, there's nothing wrong with that.  Sure, I'd love a more mature production aimed at us 40-somethings who grew up on G1.  This ain't it, but it was never meant to be, and I don't think it's entirely fair to judge it like it was.  Besides, it could be a lot worse.  I didn't see Bumblebee peeing on anyone, or a transforming RC truck humping Megan Fox's leg.

1 hour ago, Hikaru Ichijo SL said:

I am definitely not in the age group for this movie.  I still do not like it.  I hate murderous B-127.  One positive is no Humans in the movie I hope.

The age group here is maybe three. Anyone older than that would probably be disappointed by the treatment of the characters. A child at four or five probably already knows the main characters and would be thrown off by their goofiness. As far as humans, probably not, but from this preview they’d be an improvement for once

What did I just watch?

Kid friendly designs bouncing around doing physical comedy. I understand that's for the really young kids but who is the humor for? Adult fans? Nope to them Transformers is serious business. For the little kids parents how have to take them to see this? Cringe dialog like that is going to make their experience better. Doesn't matter what the Transformers say kids will enjoy the bouncing robots.

Car Keys the Movie.

yeah obviously this is a kid friendly movie.....I'll be surprised if I don't see some kind of wokeness undertones when it's out like Earthspark had been doing.

Even the toys I'm not really all that into. It looks like they're rehashing Bayverse and I dunno, Earthspark toys that don't sell thinking now kids will want them? 

Keeping in mind I am over forty years from being the target audience, I'm hoping there is less 'humor' and enough drama to overcome the preteen-ish spin. I'm hoping it gets more serious moments and feel in the second trailer. That being said, it looks like a movie kids will enjoy and in that way keep the Transformers 'alive' for another generation.

But this is nothing (so far) akin to the '86 movie.

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

What did I just watch?

Kid friendly designs bouncing around doing physical comedy. I understand that's for the really young kids but who is the humor for? Adult fans? Nope to them Transformers is serious business. For the little kids parents how have to take them to see this? Cringe dialog like that is going to make their experience better. Doesn't matter what the Transformers say kids will enjoy the bouncing robots.

Car Keys the Movie.

This is toddler friendly at best. G1 transformers seems like adult animation compared to this 

16 hours ago, Big s said:

The age group here is maybe three. Anyone older than that would probably be disappointed by the treatment of the characters. A child at four or five probably already knows the main characters and would be thrown off by their goofiness. As far as humans, probably not, but from this preview they’d be an improvement for once

That is so true. 

I swear the only way we will ever get decent a TV or movie would be for the Japanese to do it.  The last TF media I really enjoyed was Galaxy Force. 

Edited by Hikaru Ichijo SL

2024 seems to be the year of kids movies. RIP to my wallet, lol. To save money my wife and I will split taking the kids to certain movies. For example my wife will take the kids to Garfield and I'll take them to Transformers One. We'll probably all go together for certain movies like Inside Out 2.