15 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

If you want to watch a a movie that will cause your blood pressure to skyrocket from having so much hatred towards a main character or realizing this movie is based on some actual facts that if you are an Elderly person, these court appointed guardians can legally (mostly) take everything away from you, everything that you own including your family, this is the film for you. 

The highlight is Peter Dinklage as he is just such an awesome actor. 

Overall it's a good movie and Rosamund Pike proves she's a damn skilled actress. 

Yeah, friend showed this to me last month. I have never wanted a mob boss to win so much as I did in this movie.

6 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Just watched half (maybe) of Coming 2 America.  Dreadful.

That's a shame, I've seen some reviews and they have not been kind. Sometimes you just do not need a sequel. 

14 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Just watched half (maybe) of Coming 2 America.  Dreadful.

There was a few laughs but yeah, they missed the mark with its nostalgia and cheese. Would have bombed badly if released in the theater.

I wanted it to be a really good and funny movie. The world could use that right now. We didn't get it. I refuse to waste my time watching it after all the bad reviews I've heard from friends who did.  Hollyweird can suck it. They couldn't come out with anything new, original or even half as good as they did back then if someone had a gun to their head. 

13 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Sometimes you just do not need a sequel. 

One of the characters in the movie says that too - the film makers should have listened to her

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished watching Thirst.

No jump scares. Only a little bit of gore... but a great take on the vampire genre. The directing makes the visual effects/stunts look like a 2021 release.

Highly recommended.

Screenshot_20210407-010600.png

Went to an actual theatre and watched the movie Nobody. It’s a fun movie and a good one to let out aggression, but probably won’t be super memorable. Definitely a good popcorn flick. It’s the first time I’ve gone back to the theater. The seating at the one we went to has a set up where no one can sit a couple seats between you or directly in front or behind you 

• 2 weeks later...

Makoto Shinkai's "Your Name" is reported to get a live-action remake, with Shinkai himself doing adaption writing and JJ Abrams producing & "Minari" director Lee Isaac Chung at the helm.

A good incentive to watch the original feature again.

49 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Wife picked the movie and watched THUNDER FORCE on Netflix.

...and that was the last time his wife ever got to pick the movie.  :vava:

Thankfully, my wife has learned to trust my judgment, rather than relying on her own intuition. ^_^