28 minutes ago, sqidd said:

The wife and I watched this last night. Had a great time. Perfect Friday night popcorn flick. And despite zombies being beat to death between 2008-2016 I still enjoy a good zombie movie (when done right). Certainly some funny parts. Absolutely some intentional tropes. Predictable in a lot of ways like "Oh, that dude is getting killed this way" (which I think is kind of fun). 

The movie intentionally, what's the best way of putting this, made fun of itself at times? When trying to start the helicopter the sound it made first started with a radial piston motor sound (think WW2) mixed in and when it died ended with the unmistakable Millennium Falcon "oh crap, it just broke" sound. I was cracking up!:rofl: I can't help but think of the sound people laughing their tails off when they were putting that together.:lol:

Reveal hidden contents

There was some banter about time paradox between two characters at one point in the movie and I didn't make the possible connection and I'm not sure it's a thing (I'd have to watch it again) but my wife planted the seed that the "last man standing"  was actually the alpha/OG "zombie" (which I think is a super soldier program gone wrong) and the events were going to repeat themselves. It's pretty thin, but there could be something there.

Watched it yesterday. Cheesy but I thought it was good. I was interested in how it would end. 

1 hour ago, Big s said:

Watched anther freebie with Army of the Dead. It’s pretty fun for a zombie action movie. 

I kinda wish they explained the two zombie types more or at least why there are two types. It didn’t seem random 

Spoiler

I think they did. Only the Alpha can make other Alpha's. But, the made Alpha's can't make Alpha's.

So maybe there should be three classifications, Alpha, Beta and Shambler?

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Amazon Original Movie THE TOMORROW WAR. Streaming on July 2nd.

Oh good, another movie about a war with a race of beings that posses technology that completely outmatches humans that is impossible to win unless they get sick, you kill the mother ship or my favorite...............time travel.

I'll still watch it.:lol:

While watching The Army Of The Dead I said to my wife that the Zombie Queen actor was either super hot...........or not at all. Well, super hot it is. I've actually seen her before in YoutUbe Video's. She's a stunt woman that seems to be at Taran Tactical (where Keanu Reeves trains for John Wick) a bit.

dfdsfc.thumb.jpg.195458d5c6863006c2798df523a201ca.jpg

Edited by sqidd

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

Oh good, another movie about a war with a race of beings that posses technology that completely outmatches humans that is impossible to win unless they get sick, you kill the mother ship or my favorite...............time travel.

I'll still watch it.:lol:

Or, they get the mother ship sick with time travel. :D

Not a movie, an episode of some anthology TV show I think.  Aliens took over the Earth, some guy thought he was pulling a fast one on them, ends up he was a pawn in the rivalry between two of the aliens.  Would have been a real downer ending for a movie...

I was flipping through Prime last night with the wife and ran across this. I hadn't seen it in years. My wife never had. Re-watched it with her. Man, what a great fun movie. I can't believe that it took me 3/4 of the way through the movie to figure out where I knew the actor who played Guy (the disposable shipmate/ red shirt) from. He's the guy who played Zaphod Beebelbrox in Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy.:rofl:

Made my way through Army of the Dead last night – what a waste of time. Some visuals where great, but the lazy, incoherent writing and self-indulged directing ruined the experience; it was like watching two 10-year-olds having fun with their action figure assortment in a sandbox. Best bits came from Notaro, who was apparently having a blast on her greenscreen experience.

I leave the rest to Ryan:

I’m sticking with my opinion, that it was a fun free movie. There’s even some fun after discussion that coworkers have had about it from everything from zombie love lives and pets as well as family values. And there’s also stuff that frustrates me like the androids with no explanation at all and the fact that the main character had the worst daughter ever. Overall I still think it’s worth a watch.

2 hours ago, Big s said:

I’m sticking with my opinion, that it was a fun free movie. There’s even some fun after discussion that coworkers have had about it from everything from zombie love lives and pets as well as family values. And there’s also stuff that frustrates me like the androids with no explanation at all and the fact that the main character had the worst daughter ever. Overall I still think it’s worth a watch.

I took the androids thing as an Easter egg. There is an animated prequel coming to NF. I'm guessing that ties in.

As far as his daughter goes....

Spoiler

my wife and I said to each other (almost simultaneously) right after she told her dad that she wouldn't leave his side.......that she's absolutely leaving his side.:rofl: I think that there was a lot of intentional cliche written into the script. And I actually enjoy that when done correctly. Like in a zombie/heist movie that takes places in Las Vegas. Were we supposed to be taking it seriously....at all?:lol:

11 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

We tried watching Army of the Dead but stopped when Bautista was about done putting together his team. It was like Zombieland's afterbirth that should have been released on the SyFy network next to another Sharknado sequel.

Getting tired of Netflix's weak movies lately.

I'm trying to remember. Have they done anything that wasn't weak? I can only seem to remember a whole bunch of "straight to DVD" type stuff????

A friend of mine has a documentary on NF that won all sorts of awards. She explained to me the NF buying process. Basically they pay very, very little or they don't want it. And then they throw tons of money at a few select shows like Altered Carbon, Witcher, Stranger Things, etc.

They have about 200M subscribers. At $13/mo that's a gross of $31B/yr.:ohmy:

Edited by sqidd

• 3 weeks later...

I watched the Ice Road, and it’s not really worth watching unless you’re really wanting to watch a guy with a particular set of skills trying his best to make ice road trucking into an action movie. It’s a B movie and completely predictable and ridiculous. The trucks seem invincible, since no matter what happens, they seem to take no damage 

7 hours ago, sqidd said:

If you like movies where you can predict absolutely everything that will happen....and you're right. You will love this.

kkCFQ_3z1IhjfR3fNNV4CFOTkDeHnoXKh2DTR90p

It was good. My family and I liked it. Our standards is not that high. :good:;)