Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 4/5/2021 at 9:27 PM, Convectuoso said:

Coming from MEP TOYS

IMG_20210406_002550.thumb.jpg.4045979ed4c08490626787613d767a99.jpg

Oh, HELL yes!!  And I don't have to paint it either!?  Count me in for 3 or 4.  Says they're going to be releasing the scout as well but I couldn't see any pics on their Facebook page.  Are there any images up for that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Oh, HELL yes!!  And I don't have to paint it either!?  Count me in for 3 or 4.  Says they're going to be releasing the scout as well but I couldn't see any pics on their Facebook page.  Are there any images up for that?

I have their prototype. It's missing its head cannons, though

DSC_3460.thumb.JPG.00051bd6132075112060deb5354922da.JPG

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

I have their prototype. It's missing its head cannons, though

DSC_3460.thumb.JPG.00051bd6132075112060deb5354922da.JPG

 

Ugh.....I like that a lot less than the trooper.  I hope that's not the final prototype, though I might get one or two just to have them. I'm definitely in for multiple troopers, though.  I dig that sculpt, not so much the scout.

Thanks for the pic, by the way.

Edited by mantisfists
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/9/2021 at 7:35 PM, mantisfists said:

Ugh.....I like that a lot less than the trooper.  I hope that's not the final prototype, though I might get one or two just to have them. I'm definitely in for multiple troopers, though.  I dig that sculpt, not so much the scout.

Thanks for the pic, by the way.

That was the initial prototype. They've refined the design a bit to make it look better. Here's a few shots from the FB page of the factory sample (unpainted). It isn't Cap awesomeness, but as I've said before, I can't make a model look good to save my life.

May be an image of insect

 

No photo description available.

 

No photo description available.

 

I posted a picture of the packaging some time back as well- I'll see if I can find it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, that's certainly an improvement.  It's not nearly as good as their Grub, even, but I'm eager to see what a final production sample will look like. ^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for that.  I don't begrudge them going with that scale -- the CMs, Toynami, and Sentinel Legioss are all the same size, so that's where the largest demand is likely to be -- but having already sunk thousands of dollars into Moscato Invid kits at that size, I was hoping to have Invid toys that would at least scale with my CMs ride-armor figures (if not the MegaHouse or Sentinel figures)...

CM'sMospeada.jpg

Even a Scout/Eager at 1:18 would be a big toy (a little bigger than the Matchbox/Playmates, at least), but the size would certainly justify the cost. ^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, tekering said:

Thanks for that.  I don't begrudge them going with that scale -- the CMs, Toynami, and Sentinel Legioss are all the same size, so that's where the largest demand is likely to be -- but having already sunk thousands of dollars into Moscato Invid kits at that size, I was hoping to have Invid toys that would at least scale with my CMs ride-armor figures (if not the MegaHouse or Sentinel figures)...

CM'sMospeada.jpg

Even a Scout/Eager at 1:18 would be a big toy (a little bigger than the Matchbox/Playmates, at least), but the size would certainly justify the cost. ^_^

I will always love my CM's ride armors, and the ideal for me would be to keep filling out those display shelves with more in-scale figures. Sadly, looking at the newer offerings from a variety of lines, I think those of us with collections at that scale may be moving into the minority.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, 1/18 scale is good for displaying huge group shots and for those massive troop line-up displays.

It’s still my go-to scale for most of my action figure collections.

I think the main knock on the CMs Ride Armors though was that they were a little fiddly and fragile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/12/2021 at 12:22 PM, Mog said:

Yeah, 1/18 scale is good for displaying huge group shots and for those massive troop line-up displays.

It’s still my go-to scale for most of my action figure collections.

I think the main knock on the CMs Ride Armors though was that they were a little fiddly and fragile.

Indeed..The CM's Bartley types have broken joints right out of the package -

It's as if our universe refuses to allow a variable version to exist!! (I own 5 copies and they all have at least 1 cracked joint)fml :/

P.S. Anyone  know of any replacement knee or hip joints that would possibly work? 

Edited by Glasswave
Mis-spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

MEP TOYS was just showing his Invid Shocktrooper:

IMG_20210416_001058.thumb.jpg.061523e18cd73ec3cb91546eba2a9a25.jpg

It's about the same height as a Toynami 1/48 Legioss

Cool! Does it come with the pilot figure pictured?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

MEP TOYS was just showing his Invid Shocktrooper:

IMG_20210416_001058.thumb.jpg.061523e18cd73ec3cb91546eba2a9a25.jpg

It's about the same height as a Toynami 1/48 Legioss

This is the paint master, so it's an upscaled prototype. In his FB video he says the actual toy will be much smaller. Although he joked that it would be cool to keep it at this size!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Tober said:

Cool! Does it come with the pilot figure pictured?

He said he made the pilot figures but it wasn't clear if they are included or if he is going to make them available separately.

He also had a color variation (he notes he is color blind) so the first color was more pinkish. You can see it here:

image.thumb.png.392ca606991371604717ed74dcf5acf9.png

 

MEPTOYS is going to do preorder on the scout, trooper, and an cougar inorganic from the Sentinels at the same time in the near future.

 

No photo description available.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mechapilot77 said:

an in scale invid shock trooper is what...half the height of a legioss?  maybe a bit more i think?  that samples is a nice size (out of scale but i like that size better).

 

Slightly taller than half.

 

Mospeada - GEARS Online

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/16/2021 at 7:28 PM, Mechapilot77 said:

an in scale invid shock trooper is what...half the height of a legioss?  maybe a bit more i think?  that samples is a nice size (out of scale but i like that size better).

Absolutely. I want the larger version, so my Regults don't get knee cramps trying to shoot at them.

Actually to be in my scale both the Gurab and the Regult should be around this size:

1683734393_128820036_1036165006887727_2927509634454982557_n(1).thumb.jpg.f13f10d2d9155fadd6559139ef946094.jpg

128438407_1036164806887747_9150964008651153036_n.thumb.jpg.541d159f2038849cd3057c5c56a415b3.jpg

On 4/16/2021 at 5:03 PM, derex3592 said:

I'm SO IN on all of these!!!

I'm joining this queue.

Edited by Podtastic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

More reference pics:

Thanks, that's very helpful.  :good:

It looks like the "oversized" Shock Trooper will scale nicely with B2FIVE's upcoming 1:28 ride armor figures. ^_^

EQUsDyVU4AEcnpv.jpg:large

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jenius said:

It doesn't seem close.

Ugh that blows! Do you have any insight into why an established company goes through the laborious and expensive task of creating a line of painted prototypes only to promptly mothball them for all eternity?

*On a side note sometimes I feel doomed to be a mospeada addict..we get precious little respect and the aftermarket is smoldering barren hellscape!! :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...