20 hours ago, varitechs said:

yes and they have to make the molds profitable 😉

However, it's Macross over and over again... As a Robotech toy maker, I wish they explored the concepts of Southern Cross and Mospeada more...

From your lips to their ears 🙏

https://www.facebook.com/kitzconcept/videos/320159247714623/

PO Special of Roy GBP...1st 50 orders get a "free" VF-1S....

https://www.kitzconcept.com/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&product_id=130

Per the end of the video...Cyrus says a VF-1A, and M&M VF-1J GBP sets are also to be released in a limited amount based on number of PO's...

Edited by jvmacross

I'd like to get a VF-1S GBP, but don't really need an extra VF-1S....especially if the "free gift" is making shipping go even higher...perhaps if they setup a GBP only PO I'll bite...

Has anyone ordered from KC and used the "slow" shipping method?  How long did it take to get your stuff and was it delivered in good condition?

Just noticed that the release date for their 1/12 Max figure is now June 2024 lol.

Still no sight of 1/12 Miriya, back when they offered it with the VF-1A Max & Miriya Metal Editions.

9 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I'd like to get a VF-1S GBP, but don't really need an extra VF-1S....especially if the "free gift" is making shipping go even higher...perhaps if they setup a GBP only PO I'll bite...

Has anyone ordered from KC and used the "slow" shipping method?  How long did it take to get your stuff and was it delivered in good condition?

I always use the slow boat shipping method due to the high shipping costs. They generally arrive in 8-10 weeks, and they have all been in good condition. 

10 hours ago, jvmacross said:

my package with Max&Miriya with super parts set has leave HK 19th January... i always wait..

For the price of 133, with a free valk, I would say it is a good price. Worst case scenario is I pay 133, but do not get a free valk as I'm customer no, let's say 51. 

I've messaged them about my concern, and their reply was somewhat ambiguous. I wouldn't want to pay 133 just for an armour piece, knowing that it is more expensive than a chogokin. 

3 hours ago, Zeliard said:

For the price of 133, with a free valk, I would say it is a good price. Worst case scenario is I pay 133, but do not get a free valk as I'm customer no, let's say 51. 

I've messaged them about my concern, and their reply was somewhat ambiguous. I wouldn't want to pay 133 just for an armour piece, knowing that it is more expensive than a chogokin. 

the price is excellent imo...

But once you factor in the "not slow boat from China" shipping cost...the overall value is significantly diminished...

KC needs to look into other express shipping options...unless they have and they are even worse?

6 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Those missile parts are huge...I don't see any articulation on that Zentran fig...wonder if they will just go with static figs in the end...

I doubt that. They made the regult to open up and the pilot is way too thick not to have joints. It’s probably gonna be one of those figures with a cloth body suit and armor around it. Otherwise the armor around the arms and legs would be much tighter and especially around the elbows 

18 minutes ago, Big s said:

I doubt that. They made the regult to open up and the pilot is way too thick not to have joints. It’s probably gonna be one of those figures with a cloth body suit and armor around it. Otherwise the armor around the arms and legs would be much tighter and especially around the elbows 

Hope you are right...but these are the same folks that had their customers thinking they would be getting a Dana fig with armor that could easily be added or removed...:unknw:

I wouldn't care if they made a fully articulated "deluxe" Zentran pilot fig that DID NOT fit in the cockpit and one that was a fixed posed seated pilot fig that fit perfectly...

7 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I don't see any articulation on that Zentran fig...wonder if they will just go with static figs in the end...

45 minutes ago, Big s said:

They made the regult to open up and the pilot is way too thick not to have joints. It’s probably gonna be one of those figures with a cloth body suit and armor around it. Otherwise the armor around the arms and legs would be much tighter and especially around the elbows 

They could go for 2 static figures. One seated and the other standing. It's the easiest option. 

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Hope you are right...but these are the same folks that had their customers thinking they would be getting a Dana fig with armor that could easily be added or removed...:unknw:

I wouldn't care if they made a fully articulated "deluxe" Zentran pilot fig that DID NOT fit in the cockpit and one that was a fixed posed seated pilot fig that fit perfectly...

To be fair, they give two Dana’s, which is a better option anyway. 
As far as the Zentraedi figure, I could completely care less about the Regult. I do wish they would ditch the add on armor and made a better sculpted action figure. This one’s a bit chunky in odd spots

1 hour ago, Raikkonen said:

They could go for 2 static figures. One seated and the other standing. It's the easiest option. 

It may be the easiest option, but they seem to like the most complicated option 

1 hour ago, Raikkonen said:

Yeah...that's what I was thinking...I'd still hope a separate fully articulated would see the light of day at some point though...

4 minutes ago, Big s said:

To be fair, they give two Dana’s, which is a better option anyway. 

I could care less for the Dana fig...but the point is that they did not deliver on what they had originally promised would be one fig with removable armor....which sets a precedent for the current Regult release...

7 minutes ago, Big s said:

It may be the easiest option, but they seem to like the most complicated option 

LOL...but they ditched the "complicated" option for the Dana fig

I was always interested in how they would have done removable armor for Dana; it would have been tough even for 1/6 scale whilst keeping the right proportions.

Anyway for the Battle Pod pilot, KC has confirmed it will be articulated.
I’m just wondering now if it will be as articulated as their other 1/12 figures, or just simple joints enough to fold it into the cockpit. But I’m optimistic on the former as it’s size appears large enough for more modern joint articulation.

I thought the civilian pilot Hikaru was ok...but some of these outfits do not translate well into "cloth"...

The Max fig looks like a fan in a bad home made cosplay outfit...;)

Hopefully, they stick to the all plastic for the pilot figs...

BE1E6FE4-3957-4F47-8997-D682887B0F2A.jpeg

4 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The Max fig looks like a fan in a bad home made cosplay outfit...;)

I was thinking the same thing

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

...the hair is also too wild imo...need to go back to being closer to the SDFM character lineart or the Macross Fever style if they insist on changing it up a bit...

image.png.ae731800b9c5432465282c94de12abeb.png

Definitely need to dial back on the hair and the glasses are ridiculous as well.

Honestly, I think they failed all around. I don’t think they really got the face right either, but everything else is so distracting that it’s hard to tell 

Considering how low the bar is set by Toynami (not even remotely acceptable), and not everyone wants to paint a still model statue, those are pretty much the only real options, so I don't mind the minor issues with their figures at all.  Are they perfect?  No, but good enough.  That's about it, but at least someone is making an effort.  I hope they release the pilot figure tho, and PLEASE bring on the other characters especially Kakizaki, Global, Claudia, and the bridge bunnies in that order.  I'll buy every one they release.

LOL...the longer you look at it...the worse it becomes...don't care for the Michael Jackson gloves either....

At this point I want to see what they'll do with the Millia fig...I assume they are going cloth too in her UN Spacy officer uniform...just sticking to zero expectations for that one...as I have it on PO already with the Arcade VF set...

Incidentally, the Max figure I somehow forgot to PO....May as well just wait until release...

2 hours ago, Pontus said:

Are they perfect?  No, but good enough. 

I don’t think it’s even good enough. At least with Macross being more popular than Mospeada and Southern Cross, I’m pretty sure there’s gonna be more options sooner than later

4 hours ago, Pontus said:

Considering how low the bar is set by Toynami (not even remotely acceptable), and not everyone wants to paint a still model statue, those are pretty much the only real options, so I don't mind the minor issues with their figures at all.  Are they perfect?  No, but good enough.  That's about it, but at least someone is making an effort.  I hope they release the pilot figure tho, and PLEASE bring on the other characters especially Kakizaki, Global, Claudia, and the bridge bunnies in that order.  I'll buy every one they release.

That! they are trying better for certain. would be nice if they could get a BW License and do both brands. now if they make a SDF-1 with the detail of everything else they make I'll buy it as I love giant robots.  I've thought about buying these dolls they look good to me and using real fabric is a step above imho. the dolls would go great with the autographed cards I have of each pilot, but I'm still deciding or my wallet is.:D

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

KC should stick to sculpted plastic figures and ditch the cloth material.

Definitely. It’s like a bad experiment with mostly bad results.  They should also ditch the cheap looking metallics on the figures

Yeah the face on Max really needs adjustment. Cautiously optimistic that the costume material will be adjusted as well, seeing how they have also did that for Dana’s.

Anyone else see that the FG MODEL FG-01 VF-1S God of Flame has been moved to a 3rd Quarter 2024 release on ShowZstore?

Twich

Edited by twich