12 hours ago, jvmacross said:

KC should just crack open one of the VF-1 Master Files books and get busy....

Doing Master File schemes would be really nice. I see Hasegawa doing it for their kits & often wish there’s transformable toys of them.

On 5/26/2023 at 8:20 PM, tekering said:

BBTS is still using this image:

556f6103-5b33-41e4-953a-5ab09b2a6abc.jpg

...and while I took issue with the proportions and some of the details of that prototype...

DisconcertingDana.jpg.19674621366aa8e289afd488c895294d.jpg

...it's vastly superior to what we're now seeing. 🙄

August is here and the Dana Sterling figure is estimated to arrive this month. Sure! 🤔

I have trouble reconciling Dana in full body armor + helmet, and without. When she's in the body armor but with frontal mask or helmet removed, it looks like some sort of crossover between 2 different franchises.

24 minutes ago, MKT said:

I have trouble reconciling Dana in full body armor + helmet, and without. When she's in the body armor but with frontal mask or helmet removed, it looks like some sort of crossover between 2 different franchises.

How perfect for Robotech! :rofl:

I ran into that same problem with my larger Dana Sterling statue.  Armour without helmet is just... not good.

I found my Kitz Concept VF-1S Roy Focker "Special" waiting for me when I got home today....

large.20230803_173047.jpg.f7d2b12538d0f5

large.20230803_173132.jpg.b4c08b28a89ee4

large.20230803_173157.jpg.72210444a6e99b

I have to say...it's my favorite of KC's VF-1 releases to date....really love the color on this one....my only nitpick is that I would have preferred that the antenna base on each side of the "head unit" had been the same color as the head/rest of the body...with only the antenna themselves being black....again, just personal preference....still looks good...also, I did not connect the "clown" hands, but they are painted to match the color of this "Special" Focker.....if I get some extra time, I'll take some pics....

large.20230803_174403.jpg.dede7a9a7ddd79

large.20230803_174413.jpg.8e29f07e50ab6c

large.20230803_174425.jpg.133aec05d928ef

large.20230803_174437.jpg.1abe2de636de0a

large.20230803_174449.jpg.312be09afe0782

large.20230803_174511.jpg.f49e4b7eecf136

large.20230803_174612.jpg.e96e16d10aa20f

large.20230803_174648.jpg.7a5222e2d27f17

large.20230803_175132.jpg.9df49b7f9d54e5

large.20230803_175140.jpg.264e14526a4dda

large.20230803_175626.jpg.0336bdac8ba228

large.20230803_175834.jpg.e0a66db2871349

large.20230803_175844.jpg.2d114f0dfd2561

large.20230803_175854.jpg.03dac631e33a5c

large.20230803_175903.jpg.6a31dde1bff3dd

large.20230803_175915.jpg.e17ac19a1035ed

large.20230803_175939.jpg.c3f34b233bc263

The color is slightly darker than the blue-grey armor color used for the recent Super Max and Milia -1Js....

large.20230803_180231.jpg.f7c475cc9c6093

large.20230803_180334.jpg.55453a2ea4ed16

KC needs to release more "real-world" low-viz schemes in this type of "grey".....I think this "Roy Focker Special" will be my official VF-1S Roy Focker in the KC 1/72 VF-1 "canon" TV set...the "Normal" VF-1S is just not that special anymore....:rolleyes:

Edited by jvmacross

Gotta agree, this grey 'special' VF-1S looks really good just on basis of the color, might be even nicer than Yamato's 1/60 Low-Vis. If not for it being a KC, it would be insta-buy if it was on the other VF-1 molds.

The head lasers including the base being wholly black just reminds of the old 1/55 VF-1S. 

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I would have preferred that the antenna base on each side of the "head unti" had been the same color as the head/rest of the body...with only the antenna themselves being black....again, just personla preference....

Nah, that's not personal preference, it's canon.  The "Fokker Special" doesn't have black ears.  it's just another one of those baffling KitzConcept mistakes. 🙄

Thanks for the great comparison pics! :hi:

7 minutes ago, tekering said:

Nah, that's not personal preference, it's canon.  The "Fokker Special" doesn't have black ears.  it's just another one of those baffling KitzConcept mistakes. 🙄

This is technically a "non-canon" paint scheme so I'll give them a pass.....even if this is being sold as a "limited edition" KC will likely tweak it again, possibly adjusting the paint app for the antennas and produce some "extra" copies for a future "shocking" price sale....they seem to quietly "fix" paint mistakes while never admiting the mistakes were made in the first place on the initial runs......maybe they are just borrowing from the Bandai playbook....

large.Bandaiisneverwrong.jpg.83769ce21cc

Going to dump all my KC toys here soon with the exception of one copy each of God of Flame (red & purple versions) this company is not the right toy maker for me!. I went out of my way to create an 1/55 Evil Jetfire with expectations of displaying it with the purple GOF box . picture says it all!

I know many of you love this company & I'm not crapping on them, no. I'm just pointing out a total lack of awareness on KC marketing dept. now I'm just moving on to other makers of valks.

IMG20230810145056.jpg

Like Toynami, at a certain price point, these are hard to resist. If shipping were cheaper, I'd have folded on some of the recent promos. I liked the metallic finish variants of Max and Mirya and some of the other multibuys too. Just didn't place the orders. Helped thinking that it was the right choice because a nice DX VF-1 reissue was gonna come that I was saving for.

Yeah, that didn't quite work out.

Edited by Radioguy

On 8/11/2023 at 6:11 PM, Radioguy said:

Like Toynami, at a certain price point, these are hard to resist. If shipping were cheaper, I'd have folded on some of the recent promos. I liked the metallic finish variants of Max and Mirya and some of the other multibuys too. Just didn't place the orders. Helped thinking that it was the right choice because a nice DX VF-1 reissue was gonna come that I was saving for.

Yeah, that didn't quite work out.

I was thinking about the purchase too, seems that the promo is up again. But top up a little I'll get a nice Bandai valk with fast pack.

21 hours ago, Zeliard said:

I was thinking about the purchase too, seems that the promo is up again. But top up a little I'll get a nice Bandai valk with fast pack.

The metallic set is still $200+ even via slow boat. If somehow those prices dropped $30 or more, I might successfully be tempted.

15 hours ago, Radioguy said:

The metallic set is still $200+ even via slow boat. If somehow those prices dropped $30 or more, I might successfully be tempted.

If they can sell 129 for both with fast pack, don't know why they cannot do this without fast pack. 

2 hours ago, Zeliard said:

If they can sell 129 for both with fast pack, don't know why they cannot do this without fast pack. 

That's $187.90 (for me) via slow boat, and the packs are standard across both; not color-matched.

Current promo on the metallic Max/Mirya set has no fast packs, and they are (stupidly, imo) forcing in a free Max or Mirya figure. I know the electroplating means a higher cost, but I'd skip the figure for savings, and you can't right now.

Having said that, the figure is like $60+, so not a bad deal, but I haven't crossed into the realm of Macross/Robotech figures yet; just the mecha.

19 hours ago, Radioguy said:

That's $187.90 (for me) via slow boat, and the packs are standard across both; not color-matched.

Current promo on the metallic Max/Mirya set has no fast packs, and they are (stupidly, imo) forcing in a free Max or Mirya figure. I know the electroplating means a higher cost, but I'd skip the figure for savings, and you can't right now.

Having said that, the figure is like $60+, so not a bad deal, but I haven't crossed into the realm of Macross/Robotech figures yet; just the mecha.

U can always sell the figure cheap, misb. I plan to do that, if I ever gonna purchase the set. 

On 8/3/2023 at 10:25 PM, tekering said:

someone was looking at a chunky monkey when they decided on deco.  the grey reminds me of one of bandai's reissues from early 2000s too i think.  its not canon but it looks like a really nice deco.  really do like that grey.  just don't like kc's vf-1 design that much to get another one.

Edited by Mechapilot77
additional commentary

48 minutes ago, MKT said:

Oh wow.. a KO Arcadia mold with God of Flame scheme! Very, very interesting lol..

And look, even comes with a ‘Mechanics’ version super pack. Betting it’s not an event exclusive. :p

i thought it was a kitz osko because of the name then i looked at it.  clearly yamarcadia mold looking.  listed at 9.45" tall though...thats bigger than yamato/arcadia.  its either OSKO or showz messed up the height measurement (which happens a lot).

15 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

i thought it was a kitz osko because of the name then i looked at it.  clearly yamarcadia mold looking.  listed at 9.45" tall though...thats bigger than yamato/arcadia.  its either OSKO or showz messed up the height measurement (which happens a lot).

The listed 24cm / 9.45” height sounds right if we include the head lasers. I thought they should include the super pack as well in its height, which would make it even it even taller, as the packs appear to be quite integral to this not-Jetfire scheme lol.

3 hours ago, Radioguy said:

Thanks to Chareos on TFF2005, we have something that maybe ought to be in the grey market valk thread...but maybe here first.

https://www.showzstore.com/fg-model-fg-01-macross-vf1s-deluxe-version_p5471.html

https://www.showzstore.com/fg-model-fg-01-macross-vf1s-standard-version_p5470.html

WTF?

Deposit Made! Thanks!:)

animated-cat-showing-money-shut-up-and-take-my-money-d19mbludaqqdza4t.gif

6 hours ago, Radioguy said:

Thanks to Chareos on TFF2005, we have something that maybe ought to be in the grey market valk thread...but maybe here first.

https://www.showzstore.com/fg-model-fg-01-macross-vf1s-deluxe-version_p5471.html

https://www.showzstore.com/fg-model-fg-01-macross-vf1s-standard-version_p5470.html

WTF?

Thanks Again! would have never known! ...It's already sold out!:D

On 8/15/2023 at 7:59 AM, Radioguy said:

WTF?

Does anyone know about the company that is making this? I think it is absolutely awesome that they are offering super parts plus the launch arm thingie in the deluxe offering! I have paid my $1 to ShowZstore, but a google search turned up nothing.

Thanks,

Twich

11 minutes ago, jenius said:

Probably Valkyrie Factory again.

Looking closer, it says Fugu Model, but it might be Valkyrie Factory using a different tag…..it sure looks like a 1/60 KO.

Twich

16 minutes ago, twich said:

Looking closer, it says Fugu Model, but it might be Valkyrie Factory using a different tag…..it sure looks like a 1/60 KO.

Twich

Its possible they might still make the paint job look more like Jetfire as it looked like many things posted on that site in the beginning looked one way then changed looks alot on final release.

I bet they do a purple version as well, calling it now:D