2 hours ago, mcfly50 said:

Are they about to lose the license something? Just seems like they are doing a mad dash right now. 

You never know. They could be worried about what happened with MEP.

More than likely thousand that they found a formula that works for them. Pump out the same toy over and over with a new color or markings and say it’s a limited number and then increase the numbers based on demand.

It's always cheaper (cost/unit)  to keep a production line going and produce more than to stop. The downside is you flood the market and your products get put on sale. That's why most manufacturers of niche toys prefer the scarcity route to keep prices high. KC is attempting to have both by doing lots of different paint schemes but we've already seen a couple flash sales. 

They seem to be trying out different sales models. For the first few years when they started, payment was 100% upfront for POs.

Then sometime during the pandemic, they switched to something like 30% downpayment and balance once product was ready to ship, around the time they announced POs for the Battlepod. Perhaps that was to defray concerns people started having when their products started to be continuously delayed, like Roy and Dana figures. 

Now, they are opting this flash sale method for POs, which is quite a short period to make up our own minds and its back to 100% payment upfront? The problem is that once that flash sale is over, I just don't feel like ordering it anymore; it's like I will be overpaying like how one overpays to PO at scalpers when having missed Chogokin POs.  

2 hours ago, MKT said:

5E1D4F12-0699-41BB-92DC-4A3DC04216B2.jpeg.d6b0bfbe274bfcb1e3130b89884ebff3.jpeg

The new Roy colour is cool, but now when I see the comparison it just makes the old Roy looks like it has yellowed lol. 

Looks very close to the DX off-white. 

I logged in just to give a short review of my interactions with KitzConcept and how disappointed I am with their customer service.  
I ordered the Jetfire (God of Flame).  I was in the 2nd batch.  
They apparently had an employee handling orders for that that left the company.  So my order got forgotten according to the customer service reps.  They still had some in stock (which considering I had already paid for it that's a good thing).  They said as an apology they would include a free SD pullback MinMei considering it didn't ship for MONTHS after it was supposed to thanks to their incompetence at handling the previous worker's affairs.  I agreed to that though honestly, that's kinda crappy.  PLUS they didn't even use any kind of upgraded shipping to get it to me so it took an additional 3 months to arrive.  I get the order and NO MinMei included.  I contacted customer service and they lost the entire reply chain so they said I wasn't supposed to get one but to prove to them that I was.  I sent them the reply chain.  Their new response was that they should have included it but apparently didn't make it to my package in time so they want me to order more stuff to get the free MinMei.  WTF??? 
It's bad enough when you forget people's orders b/c an employee left and you can't take over their work but then you make a second mistake and want the customer to spend more money with you just to get the compensation you already promised them???  It's a joke right?  
At this point I plan to avoid the company like the plague.  That kind of behavior is not okay.  Just wanted others to know so you don't get surprised by nonsense like this.  

4 hours ago, protostar8 said:

I logged in just to give a short review of my interactions with KitzConcept and how disappointed I am with their customer service.  
I ordered the Jetfire (God of Flame).  I was in the 2nd batch.  
They apparently had an employee handling orders for that that left the company.  So my order got forgotten according to the customer service reps.  They still had some in stock (which considering I had already paid for it that's a good thing).  They said as an apology they would include a free SD pullback MinMei considering it didn't ship for MONTHS after it was supposed to thanks to their incompetence at handling the previous worker's affairs.  I agreed to that though honestly, that's kinda crappy.  PLUS they didn't even use any kind of upgraded shipping to get it to me so it took an additional 3 months to arrive.  I get the order and NO MinMei included.  I contacted customer service and they lost the entire reply chain so they said I wasn't supposed to get one but to prove to them that I was.  I sent them the reply chain.  Their new response was that they should have included it but apparently didn't make it to my package in time so they want me to order more stuff to get the free MinMei.  WTF??? 
It's bad enough when you forget people's orders b/c an employee left and you can't take over their work but then you make a second mistake and want the customer to spend more money with you just to get the compensation you already promised them???  It's a joke right?  
At this point I plan to avoid the company like the plague.  That kind of behavior is not okay.  Just wanted others to know so you don't get surprised by nonsense like this.  

Their customer service did take a massive hit when their original customer service rep left KC....there is no excuse for how they bungled up all of the pending CS work that the previous rep left behind...

With that said, I have yet to be thrown under the bus by KC....the last issue I had with them involved several VF-1 parts to repair several of their toys that I had purchased from them during the span of 1 year....in the end, they came through for me at the 11th hour and remain 100% in terms of CS responses and resolution...that is something I cannot say for many other toy companies...

Having to order something else so they can include what they had already promised and accepted by you for "making up" for their past mistakes is unacceptable...so I would totally understand if you are through with them....

If you still have an itch for 1/72 VF-1's, perhaps the upcoming 1/72 from Three-Zero may be an option for you....good luck!

Edited by jvmacross

Alright I gave in and ordered the gray Roy VF-1S. KC mentioned on one of their Facebook posts that it's the 'Final Version' VF-1 and that it's slimmer. Curious to see what this version is all about. 

Last night I swapped parts on my Rick VF-1S that had all the paint issues. I really hope they made some adjustments to fighter mode as I despise transforming these figures. It's unfortunate because the paint is nicely  done (most of the time) and I love all the non canon and alternate color schemes . 

As they are, my non version 1.0 KC figures will stay in battroid mode. 

10 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

As they are, my non version 1.0 KC figures will stay in battroid mode. 

Of the ones I have opened, they are all either in Battroid or Gerwalk...except for the V 2.0 VF-1J, which is in fighter mode....I can't "unsee" the odd placement of the V 2.X legs in fighter mode, but the figures look great in Gerwalk or Battroid....I guess 2 out of 3 modes will have to do...LOL

Slimmer?  Wonder what that means?  It does not look any different....especially where the slimming down would be appreciated...the intakes!  Maybe the demo is still using the V 2.X mold?

On 6/29/2023 at 3:39 AM, jvmacross said:

Thanks...can't really tell from your pic....if the tab is not on the back edge of the leg, then it is a V 2.0

Better shot of the leg peg/tab. All 3 in the Vermillion squad are of this type. I found it hard to mount onto the centre portion (back thrusters?) in fighter mode. 

IMG_5114.jpeg

IMG_5188.jpeg

1 hour ago, zplus said:

Better shot of the leg peg/tab. All 3 in the Vermillion squad are of this type. I found it hard to mount onto the centre portion (back thrusters?) in fighter mode. 

IMG_5114.jpeg

large.20220208_174229.jpg.b676f131d5c555

Yes, it is a V 2.X..........my hope was that they may have just been trying to sell off inventory on older stock of the V 2.0 VF-1J, but looks like they have actually manufactured new VF-1J "Rick Hunters"...it's too bad, the V 2.0 was the best mold they had released and it was only apparently used on the VF-1J Rick....

Looks like the only way to get a V 2.0 VF-1J Rick Hunter now is via the aftermarket....

And as you have found out...yes, the new position of leg tabs in the V 2.X ruins the fighter mode....has no affect to Gerwalk or battroid, but the fighter mode is "off" and it also causes problems with the Fast Pack attachment/fit....

Kitz Concept has more or less doubled-down on this change as an "improvement"...so most likely it is here to stay, until commonsense prevails....now that they have their own manufacturing facilities, it would be very easy for them to go back to the original leg mold...and hopefully concentrate on fixing the actual issues with their mold, which are the huuuge and blocky intakes....an area that looks like Three-Zero does not have an issue with....

Begun the 1/72 VF-1 PT Toy Wars have...:p

But in all seriousness, many who already started collecting the KC VF-1's may not want to double-dip again into the 1/72 VF-1 pool.....KC also has a heck of a head start, in terms of all of the variants...canon and not....for me, I am hoping KC takes advantage of this and instead focuses on the non-VF-1 portion of the SDFM mechs and goes all in on the enemy mechs and Destroids, etc....so as not to go head to head with Three-Zero in what may end up being a superior VF-1 in 1/72....but for many who have stayed out of the 1/72 arena, the upcoming Three-Zero may be a good time to jump in...

Edited by jvmacross

It's listed at $129. They sure are pushing alot of sales ...both discounts and new items. Wonder why the flood of products all of a sudden. Definitely liking the stuff, but there's too much to buy all at once...plus the fighter mode issues we have talked about.

Would like to see the heavy armor I pre paid for a couple of years ago!

Edited by Corrinald

8 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

yeah...just saw that...that IS the shocking price....still, have decided to take a pass on these ultra-non-canon releases...looks good though...would have been tempted on an all black...or with some dark grey

You probably just figured out what next month's special edition will be. Stealth black & gray! 

They are really pumping these out! Interesting to see they did another Rick 1J with the leg pegs moved to what I presume are the "final" position and that they have fixed the paint on those leg fins. They are really keeping that factory working! This is a lot like the Yamato VF-1 days. 
SATURATION PENETRATION!

The "Promo" pic for the "Shock and Awe" sale still shows the Max and Ben with the incorrect colors on the leg stabilizers....

16D3CA14-D335-446E-B3D8-FBDE654FB57C.jpeg

I would be incredibly upset if I were to double dip on another vermillion set and received the same incorrectly tampo'd set.....maybe I can just ask KC to send me a corrected set of legs?

Has anyone else jumped on this Vermillion set?  Would like to confirm if KC is now shipping correctly tampo'd TV Max and Ben VF-1As...

1 hour ago, Corrinald said:

It's listed at $129. They sure are pushing alot of sales ...both discounts and new items. Wonder why the flood of products all of a sudden. Definitely liking the stuff, but there's too much to buy all at once...plus the fighter mode issues we have talked about.

Would like to see the heavy armor I pre paid for a couple of years ago!

I was tempted and then I saw that "express" shipping to the US, which takes a month, is $132!

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

???

Man I had to go double-check if I had written that... you shouldn't insert words into quotes like that! And no, this was much before Yamato's final days when they were pumping out VF-1 toys every month or every other month. That ultimately led to people waiting for valks to go on sale which didn't work out very well for them.. but it was a while later before they had to shutter. 

35 minutes ago, ps99041 said:

I was tempted and then I saw that "express" shipping to the US, which takes a month, is $132!

I bought the black & blue VF-1, the VF-1S special color, and a VF-1J Cannon fodder and snail shipping for the group was $65. 

Edited by jenius

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Man I had to go double-check if I had written that... you shouldn't insert words into quotes like that! And no, this was much before Yamato's final days when they were pumping out VF-1 toys every month or every other month. That ultimately led to people waiting for valks to go on sale which didn't work out very well for them.. but it was a while later before they had to shutter. 

I bought the black & blue VF-1, the VF-1S special color, and a VF-1J Cannon fodder and snail shipping for the group was $65. 

I'm thinking of snail shipping too but over 4 months for arrival is forever 

I have used the surface / snail option for my last two orders and it's more like 2 - 3 months. My God of Flame took about 9 weeks from when they actually shipped it

It's quoting me 28 to ship the blue and black set via the slow method.

6 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

I have used the surface / snail option for my last two orders and it's more like 2 - 3 months. My God of Flame took about 9 weeks from when they actually shipped it

It's quoting me 28 to ship the blue and black set via the slow method.

That's good to know.  Thanks for the info.  Guess I'm ordering...