got this rosewood cigar-box-style CD case at a thrift.

i yanked out all the flimsy CD trays, put brown felt pads down in their place, and made myself a Valk accessory case;

MACROSScolle-JOHNS-4-17-131_zps7990f350.

MACROSScolle-JOHNS-4-17-132_zps42b52b84.

Edited by Shaorin

Kirik, those cases on the first page, where did you get them? I know I'm asking quite a bit too late but I just now have some space I'd like to fill.

Yes, as Kicker said they are Detolfs from Ikea. I also did modify them and put 2 cabinets together to make a bigger display case:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=30278&hl=%2Bcustom+%2Bdetolf#entry767552

I believed their called....."detolf"......its a old old spanish name for display case...

i've been wondering about that for a while now,

especially since fellow members round here seem to always be constantly referring to the things all the time...

Edited by Shaorin

Yes, as Kicker said they are Detolfs from Ikea. I also did modify them and put 2 cabinets together to make a bigger display case:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=30278&hl=%2Bcustom+%2Bdetolf#entry767552

Thanks for sharing your link KiriK. I'm actually planning something similar (most likely same as yours) and was telling my wife that I was inspired by your awesome display set up. I'm hoping to get something up by year end once I've managed to save enough money and see if I can get someone to help me cut off the sides as I know i'll probably screw it up on my own :)

i've been wondering about that for a while now,

especially since fellow members round here seem to always be constantly referring to the things all the time...

I was being scarcastic (reference - Ron Burgundy)...not sure where detolf name came from...I'm assuming Swedish? Since its ikea

Just started collecting a little over a year ago, these are my 1/48's (minus the lowvis urban GBP that's on the way)

BJ7LPbeCQAEF--U.jpg:large

i also have a 1/60 YF-19 Yamato not pictured.

also built 3 MG, 1 PG & 1 no-grade 1/60 gundams and i just a got a 1/60 00Raiser gundam