you're a bad influence, jk ;) i actually had two vf-1ds, i had one on display (not in a case but on my glass table away from light) but i gave it to a friend as a wedding present cause i had two and i figured i just open the second (i got the vf-1d for 75 and the 30th option parts version for 115) but when yamato closed and everyone freaked out, i just put everything away and was afraid to touch anything that became out of control in demand.

i wanted to ask my friend for the vf-1d back because his wife thinks it's a piece of junk and wants to throw it away :wacko: but i couldn't say anything about taking it back bc it was a wedding gift but i told him don't let her throw it away.

So I know direct sunlight affects valks plastic, but what other kind of lights ,lamps, etc., should valks stay away from??

Guest davidwhangchoi

So I know direct sunlight affects valks plastic, but what other kind of lights ,lamps, etc., should valks stay away from??

i'm pretty sure any light that emits uv rays is a main factor, but some guy on the tf2005 forums has stuff sealed in ziploc bags and kept in storage in darkness had his stuff yellow. So heat and oxygen can factor into it also.

"The plastics most commonly used to make the structural cases for

electronic equipment are polypropylene, impact styrene, and ABS,"

replied Deanin. "These all tend to discolor and embrittle gradually when

exposed to UV and/or heat. They become oxidized and develop conjugated

unsaturation, which produces color. They crosslink or degrade, which

causes brittleness."

you can read up on it in this article, it has some good tips on preventative measures:

http://www.vintagecomputing.com/index.php/archives/189

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

MacGyverSystem-4-26-12.jpg

PD-91JOHN2-13-12.jpg

VSX-D1SMACGYVER9-9-20092.jpg

VSX-D1S4.jpg

PD-91MacG2-3-122_zpsa74da886.jpg

PD-91CD-RAdjustment10-29-111.jpg

nice gear! you should've posed a valk somewhere in the pics to justify your post:) lol

i like everything except the RCA panel with the pioneer wallpaper, looks out of place, (get a fd101 pro! i'll talk over pm to further the pioneer conversation.)

Guest davidwhangchoi

David, you need to get some stands.

yeah i used a piece hidden under the back wing to hold it up. was a hassle to balance.

I wonder I can fit 4 vf-1 in one section of my detolf case. haha I currently have two and it already seems crowded.

IMAG0254.jpg

Edited by dapro

Guest davidwhangchoi

Damn David, you're making me like the Ostrich!!!

Awesome pics!!

:) thanks, still need to make room for a display case as i live in a highrise one bedroom condo and i don't have enough closet space for my belongings. so it's going to be tough figuring out how to fit one in. maybe i'll sell my hdtv and speakers:)

here's another in the same pose:

photo1_zps5d360149.jpg

photo2_zpsb9a89171.jpg

photo3_zpsf5dbd6f2.jpg

that's my pioneer kuro elite pro 151fd 60 plasma, the world's greatest hdtv. and some energy RC-70s posed in the background of the VT-1

You know that VT-1 looks really good without the extra packs.

Guest davidwhangchoi

You know that VT-1 looks really good without the extra packs.

thanks, i should've played the scene where the VT-1 is covering Misa and Hikaru's survival tent in the background.

I wonder I can fit 4 vf-1 in one section of my detolf case. haha I currently have two and it already seems crowded.

4?? You can fit a lot more than 4

Edit: rotated pic

post-623-0-72588400-1368309385_thumb.jpg

Edited by Murphy

nice gear! you should've posed a valk somewhere in the pics to justify your post:) lol

i like everything except the RCA panel with the pioneer wallpaper, looks out of place, (get a fd101 pro! i'll talk over pm to further the pioneer conversation.)

I have a krp-500 and a pro101FD. I went nuts when they became hard to find, some of the most beautiful sets I ever owned. I did a self calibration using some of D-nice's starting points and workflow.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I have a krp-500 and a pro101FD. I went nuts when they became hard to find, some of the most beautiful sets I ever owned. I did a self calibration using some of D-nice's starting points and workflow.

Loop, nice to see a Videophile and Macross fan, makes watching DYRL so much better with inky blacks and reference colors. yep got controlcal and ditto!

Guest davidwhangchoi

wow it was nice displaying a few valks, through it i found macross fans with common interests.

Benson drums

Shaorin Pioneer audiophile

Loop has the "holy grail" of hdtv's

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Jefuemon, how did you go about selecting what went on what piece of shelf real estate? I noticed that what may be considered less popular mecha has some of the more prime shelf space.

Really don't have a system. Just put them in the way I thought looked nice.

Well, the only one I'm not happy about is the Bandai VF-25. That's why it's on the bottom corner.

Biggest challenge coming up is where to put my launch arm set-up. Eh, worry about that once I actually get it built. Gonna start on that after my VF-1 CF Gerwalk.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Detolf #5 filled. I dont know why my iphone takes such bad pics. attachicon.gifphoto-15.JPG

i also got a iphone too and can't take good photos :p

are those all version 2's in there? was wondering if you can take a few close up shots of the cubicals with Macross stuff in it :)

Thats the new Diamond select Enterprise B. It is pretty sweet!

attachicon.gif photo-16.JPG

Crud, another one? I passed on the refit 1701 because I've already got the Bandai kit, but that's tempting. How's the quality? They do a nice job in general but they made some really dumb mistakes on the E and D.

Edit: Ok, after some research, apparently I have an old issue of the E, and they've completely redone the paint since then. I'm gonna have to go order a new one now, since the original issue only had any detail applied on the upper saucer, with the entire rest of the ship left in solid colors. :p Maybe I'll get the BoP and B while I'm at it.

Edited by Chronocidal

Thanks guys!

thanks for the close ups, wow, didn't notice you got more than one vf-4g, awesome collection!

I was lucky enough to get 2 when they initially came out. Glad I did.

I see I'm not the only one with their collection near the Kitchen/dining room.

Superb collection in all ways!! B))

My dining room is basically a toy room. Ate in there maybe 3 times in the 8 or so years I have lived here. But its a temporary spot until I can get the den done how I want it.

Crud, another one? I passed on the refit 1701 because I've already got the Bandai kit, but that's tempting. How's the quality? They do a nice job in general but they made some really dumb mistakes on the E and D.

Edit: Ok, after some research, apparently I have an old issue of the E, and they've completely redone the paint since then. I'm gonna have to go order a new one now, since the original issue only had any detail applied on the upper saucer, with the entire rest of the ship left in solid colors. :p Maybe I'll get the BoP and B while I'm at it.

I really like the B. And I have the BoP on order. I never really noticed if the E was off. Im pretty sure mine is the old one as well. Im not a stickler on the details though. They were suppose to make a excelsior but I guess that was canned. This B was released way later than it was suppose to.

ErikElvis - my wife wants to know how exactly do you clean the portion in between your detolfs? she is just worried that it'll get dirty and she knows i'll basically just clean it once a year (if she's lucky haha)

Ok just checked out the new E. Yeah I might have to order it seeing the difference.

ErikElvis - my wife wants to know how exactly do you clean the portion in between your detolfs? she is just worried that it'll get dirty and she knows i'll basically just clean it once a year (if she's lucky haha)

You have to clean in between them?!? News to me....

haha honestly I cant remember the last time I did. But all you'd have to do is pull them out a little and stick the vacuum attachment in there. But Im a bachelor. Oh and then reposition all the things that fell over.

Yeah, I caved and ordered the updated E, TWOK 1701, BoP, and All Good Things 1701-D+ yesterday from Amazon. Couldn't stomach the cost of the B though, it was twice as much as any of the others. True, I didn't look around for better prices, but I had a gift card to spend. ^_^

Now I just need to find places to actually put them. I need to find a way to display stuff one of these days. Might have to wait until I get a house. :p

Edited by Chronocidal