This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

11 hours ago, jenius said:

This will probably be the first KO I grab of the Yamato/Arcadia design. 

is this something you might do one of your Youtube Videos reviews on?  Or is it considered taboo? Eagerly anticipating your next videos!

Twich

I would do a video on it. I couldn't convince myself to spend money on the first KOs because they were all paint jobs I owned the original toy on but if they're going to do things Arcadia never would, that seems fair game to me. I've never ordered from ShowZStore though, and I hate the idea of an open preorder with no solid ETA... so I'll probably wait before I put an order in somewhere. 

Hmmm... now did they strip a Yamato valk and 3D scanned one to make their own molds, or did they obtain a copy of the original mold? Seams seem pretty good for KOs.

I still can't venture down this road, mainly that when I watch reviews of KOs, there's always complaints about the plastic's smell. 

17 hours ago, DewPoint said:

I'd be a bit concerned as these KO variants have yet to be see for sale anywhere that I know of.  I would totally pick up the Brownie.

They actually did put out the M&Ms. Expensive though at $200+ each. You can find them at the usual action sites.

10 hours ago, Radioguy said:

Ya got more of a hint than that? :)

I've seen them at Ebay and AliExpress. I'm sure there are others. I don't know that it's kosher to post a link, but can in pm.

7 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

That's way less than what I paid for a my Yammy pair with shipping. lol 

Still a bit more spendy than what I'd be prepared to pay for a KO. I have the KO Hikaru 1S with strike parts but paid a good bit less than what they're asking for the 1Js :)

On 8/20/2023 at 1:49 PM, DewPoint said:

I'd be a bit concerned as these KO variants have yet to be see for sale anywhere that I know of.  I would totally pick up the Brownie.

Max and Milia variants were released a while back, but the others have never shown up.

Seems like the only ones manufactured these days are Roy or Hikaru before this Jetfire one came about.

M & M are not currently in production, but there's a possibility of future runs based on a Chinese vendor.

Edited by dtwn

16 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

I'm curious for those that have these KOs, do they smell bad like other KO themes, and hows the durability and transformation? 

I have the Valkyrie Factory Hikaru and Roy, strike parts, and clear covers. They're very similar to Arcadia, but you can tell there's something slightly off; just not the smell. At the prices I paid, they were worth it. The Max and Millia (on average) are not worth grabbing compared to second hand Arcadias of those (which I did) as those can be found at comparable prices.

Edited by Radioguy

9 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I've heard of the shake test before....I have to say...the smell test is a new one...lol

I've watched a lot of Lego, Figma and Figuarts KO reviews for giggles, and most of them immediately complain about the smell upon opening them. 

11 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

I have the Valkyrie Factory Hikaru and Roy, strike parts, and clear covers. They're very similar to Arcadia, but you can tell there's something slightly off; just not the smell. At the prices I paid, they were worth it. The Max and Millia (on average) are not worth grabbing compared to second hand Arcadias of those (which I did) as those can be found at comparable prices.

It's to read you've found a substitutes as I know the mission of finding parts pack at good prices. 

I need DYRL Strike parts, but so hard to find at reasonable price, even second hand and willing to ship to Europe...

14 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

I've watched a lot of Lego, Figma and Figuarts KO reviews for giggles, and most of them immediately complain about the smell upon opening them. 

It's to read you've found a substitutes as I know the mission of finding parts pack at good prices. 

I need DYRL Strike parts, but so hard to find at reasonable price, even second hand and willing to ship to Europe...

It's been said (in this thread I think) that the VF KO strike parts do fit an Arcadia. I actually haven't tried to see myself though.

Those parts are on eBay, and places like bababobo if you want to try them. The clear "mechanic" covers, also from VF, seem to only be on Aliexpress last I checked.

I’ve had the Valkyrie Factory Strike Hikaru for a few years.  I feel the quality is pretty great and there’s no weird smell I can detect.  It has the full Arcadia premium tampo printing as well.  I understand they altered the head mold a little but looks fine to me.  Right now it’s wearing a set of Arcadia GPB armor which fits perfectly and I have its knockoff Strike armor on a Yamato CF 1A which also fit perfectly.  

In short, these were cheaper a few years back when they debuted and were a great deal.  I’m not sure that Valkyrie Factory produces them anymore as you see fewer listings and at higher prices.  Plus with this Fugu Models making the jet fire variant, maybe the molds have changed hands.  But I definitely preordered one and look forward to getting it.  It sure looks like ShowZ is getting a great response on them since they’ve been on the main page for weeks and there are lots of comments from eager buyers who hated the Kitz Concept version due to build quality.

8 hours ago, Radioguy said:

Those parts are on eBay, and places like bababobo if you want to try them. The clear "mechanic" covers, also from VF, seem to only be on Aliexpress last I checked.

Aliexpress has been nailed here in Greece with high customs as it was flooding here. 

5 hours ago, glane21 said:

In short, these were cheaper a few years back when they debuted and were a great deal.  I’m not sure that Valkyrie Factory produces them anymore as you see fewer listings and at higher prices.  Plus with this Fugu Models making the jet fire variant, maybe the molds have changed hands.  But I definitely preordered one and look forward to getting it.  It sure looks like ShowZ is getting a great response on them since they’ve been on the main page for weeks and there are lots of comments from eager buyers who hated the Kitz Concept version due to build quality.

And this is what I really want to know, which I know we won't, is that did they 3D scan a yammy, then designed their own mold around it... or someone came in possession of a Yammie mold copy? Of which if they did, then there's probability Arcadia would have to make new molds if they dare to venture down Vf-1 again?

2 hours ago, Raikkonen said:

then there's probability Arcadia would have to make new molds if they dare to venture down Vf-1 again?

Likely they would have to since all the new players who came in the door since. TZ is going to do Robotech while I've heard Yolopark is looking at getting a Macross license for next year possibly on a 1/35 scale. in the meantime KC might go into marketing rehab, sobering up and getting themselves together!?

I think is they did a retool that should just bring back the Yamato brand as a premium label. :)

4 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

Posables, but not transformables, yes?

Your right :) the only downside would be not getting a vehicle mode to display:(. would probably help promote the Macross universe and we would get figures with much more detail then now if the designer only has to focus on Robot mode and not have to compromise on three modes but one.

3 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

Not for me then. Having a figure that size which can't transform or isn't articulated, if by design or license limitation, puts me off no matter how well sculpted or intricate it is. I want it all if I can have it on smaller scales already.

Agree they also always seem to cost way more. that nemesis prime in video was $4500 but Kids Logic statue is $700 but then its just a static pose.  price point  would defiantly turn off many collectors.