Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S/A Reactive Armor

Valkyrie addict

The Reactive Armor looks good I hope they don't skimp on the markings. ^_^

I'm disappointed that they didn't reveal any new molds so far. Not even showing the VF-0A unknown soldier. I was at least expecting a YF-21 V2 or a new SV-51. Even an announcement for a VF-0 Ghost drone set would have been appreciated. Bummer!

Alrighty, heres all the Macross-related pics I took at Wonder Festival today.

Enjoy :-)

i did enjoy these pics immensely! thanks, man!

i'm a bit curious about the reactions that you observed from the people there. is Macross becoming more popular/mainstream?

Armor look great! It's almost enough to make me go back on my word that I would never buy another Zero Valk again, after my OS & OA crumbled as soon as I took them out of their boxes.. :mellow:

You're talking about the yamato 0S, and not the Arcadia.. right? Haven't heard anything bad 'bout the Arcadia 0S.

I think it's fair to say they're certainly aiming to be more mainstream with Delta

Hahaha! Very true! Lots of discussions here about how we feel about their efforts hehehe

For those of you who were there, does it seem like it's working?

I'm thinking that if the market reacts positively, we'll be getting more macross more frequently. Whether or not this macross is what we're fans of will remain to be seen. Personally though, as long as the valks are cool, I'm in (yeah I'm a real cheap date)

I'm pretty sure us old farts who grew up with the original Macross are not the target audience for Delta (or really a lot of anime in general these days). But then I don't really need to be a fan of the show to enjoy the different valk designs. *coughMacross7cough*

Amen to that. :)

But still I don't have plans on adding the Fire Valyrie to my collection. ;)

I thought Macross already WAS mainstream? Given Frontier's blowout success on the music charts. And Delta looks to be doing the same, what with Ikenai Borderline already seeing similar success/popularity.

IT IS now since Delta features some AKB48 music action. Besides Macross lives because of the music and not the mechas. ;)

same here!

Yeah. But budget now is kinda tight. Hope I can avail one before the release of Reactive Armor. :unsure:

IT IS now since Delta features some AKB48 music action. Besides Macross lives because of the music and not the mechas. ;)

So are you talking about mainstream as in "mainstream mecha-wise"? I thought you meant mainstream just in general. Even then I thought it's sort of always been second place to Gundam in widespread appeal. A distant second, for sure, because Gundam is Gundam, but still, I thought it was already fairly mainstream in that regard. Yay/nay?

So are you talking about mainstream as in "mainstream mecha-wise"? I thought you meant mainstream just in general. Even then I thought it's sort of always been second place to Gundam in widespread appeal. A distant second, for sure, because Gundam is Gundam, but still, I thought it was already fairly mainstream in that regard. Yay/nay?

Nah. Don't get me wrong. I'm just being sarcastic because of my AKB48 reference. ;) And with you saying that it was already mainstream because of the music and being in the chart, is why I thought of that AKB48 (Sailor Moon) reference. I'm not against it, like some of us here, or maybe just me, is saying that it's too much musical girls going on. I mean, nothing really bad since it's still Macross, it's just that it doesn't feel like 'Macross' to me anymore. I'm one of those who lives in the past I guess. And probably they're going to focus on the music/singer again this time. ;)

But yeah, it's mainstream as it is. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

have they given a date of the expected release of the RA parts? I cant seem to recall if it has been mentioned or not..

Spanner, not sure how will I say this. I want you to stay relax and focus. I know you're super excited on this one. But please, don't get frustrated in what I'm about to reveal. :rolleyes:

ibOhDfb.jpg

YES. It's true. It's says TBA/D 2017. :lol:

A bundled release would be great! Would that be like what Yamato did for the ghosts? How many years was it between their 0s and 0s ghost bundle releases?

I'm guessing based on Jenius text review on this site it's like 1.5 years?

well the promo poster mentions as for the 0A/0S so i would speculate that it would be a seperate release,

which gets me thinking....how would the RA look on 0A...yums! B))

Yes it is a separate release. But what we're saying is, once that separate release is done, it's easy to make a VF-0 bundle months after that. ;)

You'll never know that probably a month or two after it gets release, they will announce a VF-0S bundle. You'll never know...

I sincerely doubt there will ever be a bundle. That would be too expensive. Think about how huge the 0's are already, now look at how much more MASSIVE that armor makes the already big 0 look. We're looking at ~$150-$200 for this armor, I guarantee it.

I'm guessing based on Jenius text review on this site it's like 1.5 years?

Yes it is a separate release. But what we're saying is, once that separate release is done, it's easy to make a VF-0 bundle months after that. ;)

You'll never know that probably a month or two after it gets release, they will announce a VF-0S bundle. You'll never know...

I see...if they did a bundle am not sure how much that would end up tho...RA cant come fast enoiugh!