Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Didn't somebody asked/inundated Mr.K about the VF-0D "blue" and the Armored VF-1J "grey goggles" repeatedly before?

Yeah.

His answers were really very clear and definitive on both back then...

:5:

:lol:! It can make for good entertainment, which can help pass the time, if you don't let it get to you.

Back in the VF-0D thread, there were a number of people inundating Arcadia with color complaints, including reports of Tenjin contacting Arcadia himself! After discussing things with Tenjin, Arcadia finalized the 0D's "factory fresh" blue. IIRC, Japanese fans gave the updates a positive reception even thought our own Macross World reception was still mixed.

BTW, I like mine.

The GBP/VF-1J set was an interesting scenario. Mr. K originally noted that the release was going to have white goggles and that sent a bunch of us marching back into the color debates. Then, right before Arcadia's GBP set hit retail he noted that it had grey goggles. I wonder if Bandai's Hi-Metal R line encouraged them to change things? That would be a question for another thread, though.

I think all of this goes to show that Mr. K can only reveal a certain amount of information that Arcadia deems "public" on services like Twitter, and sometimes that information can change. But fan speculation, for better or worse, seems to be a constant.

Edited by technoblue

Here's the thing now... I'm really liking the blue now as it is... But would I get disappointed if the color changes to grey upon release or not? Probably and maybe because I'm already planning to display it with the VF-0D together. But if it's going to be grey, then I'll be happy too. I'm still going to display it with VF-0D. :lol:

I am alright with either color, but at the moment I am expecting the blue. It's gonna be pretty wtf if they end up shipping it with grey.

yep same.. guess we're just gonna have to hold our breath till it finally hits eh!

oh yeah and something completely unrelated.. I just noticed that your avatar blinks! cool! :)

Here's the thing now... I'm really liking the blue now as it is... But would I get disappointed if the color changes to grey upon release or not? Probably and maybe because I'm already planning to display it with the VF-0D together. But if it's going to be grey, then I'll be happy too. I'm still going to display it with VF-0D. :lol:

its in the hands of the gods! :unsure:

Haven't read this thread in a while and come back to see this new color debate. I've always thought Shin's 0A was white-ish with small red accents as a homage/nod to Hikaru's 1J. I don't see where they got blue from or how it would fit.

Maybe you're misremembering/confusing Alto of Macross Frontier with Shin of Macross Zero.

Shin's 0D valk was blue.

Other than the UN Spacy kite, his 0A never had red accents. It actually has some "blue" accents in certain shots/angles.

Even his original F14 was blue-ish.

Only his helmet was reddish...

Edited by treatment

Haven't read this thread in a while and come back to see this new color debate. I've always thought Shin's 0A was white-ish with small red accents as a homage/nod to Hikaru's 1J. I don't see where they got blue from or how it would fit.

Whatever you do, don't look back at the last couple of pages. For now it's all nice and quiet and you don't wanna awaken the beast called "color choices" . :ph34r::p

Edited by wmkjr

No payment notifications yet from N-Y. I hope this thing is still releasing by end of the month. I grouped it together with the VF-27 CF and that will only ship along with this one...

Probably they're going to ask for the payment within the next couple of days. Right before the weekend for sure. ;)

No payment notifications yet from N-Y. I hope this thing is still releasing by end of the month. I grouped it together with the VF-27 CF and that will only ship along with this one...

You should have received one. My payment is due by the 24th.

EDIT: No, I can't read my own e-mails correct anymore. I haven't received payment request yet either (and I'm not too broken up about it right now anyway.)

Edited by Mommar

Accidentally posted this to YetiStand's thread. :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

My hands is just itching to post on this thread. :lol:

By the way, VF-0A is just around the corner. :ph34r:

For those last minute preorders, here's some links:

HLJ at Y31320

http://www.hlj.com/product/ACA82120/Sci

Amiami at Y29700

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-011500

How long did it take the D to sell out after it was released?

Not sure though. Just making a guess here like 2 months at most. But as of now, only Amiami still has it for Y31400.

Just asking because I cancelled mine as I'm going to Dragon*con in a few weeks. It's about the 5th largest nerd con in the country, I think.

Paying out big cash for a hotel so I wanted to wait a few weeks.

Just asking because I cancelled mine as I'm going to Dragon*con in a few weeks. It's about the 5th largest nerd con in the country, I think.

Paying out big cash for a hotel so I wanted to wait a few weeks.

I think it will still be available after a month or two. ;)

Tenjin himself is hand painting all of the markings on each valk. That is why it is taking so long.

J/K

I hope payment requests get sent out soon, but I am OK if there is a delay. Just give me a good defect-free valk.

Yeah I guess. But I just wish they'd let us know soon if it was gonna be delayed rather than let the release date pass us by for us to conclude it was.

I agree. I also like it when companies come out and say "we apologize for the delay, but X isn't fitting into Y like it should", or "X crumbles when looked at. Expect a delay". Pretty rare to see, but appreciated. Let us know what is going on.

Tenjin himself is hand painting all of the markings on each valk. That is why it is taking so long.

J/K

I hope payment requests get sent out soon, but I am OK if there is a delay. Just give me a good defect-free valk.

Ha, an Arcadia valk with markings painted on... oh you kill me.

They actually want to stay in business this time :p

Why can't they cut stencils that you can apply to the plane and paint yourself?

Seems like it would be cheap and appeal to the hobby fan.

And you could customize the colors.