Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

Is it possible there are production notes that indicate the 0A Shin is flying was technically supposed to be the color of his 0D but since this emergency sprang up he's flying an only partially painted fighter? Or one of the animators decided to put a bit of the color from the 0D on the 0A to signify it's still the same pilot?

This is a pretty confusing situation really. And despite how much people dislike the color of the 0D it was a blue plane and they made it blue. I don 't believe Arcadia just up and went "f.u.c.k. it, just make 0A the stabilizers blue" without some sort of reference telling them it was that color (regardless of whether they actually get the tone of it correct.)

The 0S also has blue fins in episode 5. :lol:

Like someone else mentioned, it looks really blue because of the ambient sky colour. The actual colour is closer to gray if you compare the colour of the fin with the stripe on the other side of the leg. I actually think Yamato got it right with their 0S but maybe Arcadia just reused the 0A's fins for the prototype. I'm not holding my breath though considering how badly they (in my opinion) screwed up the 0D's blue.

post-3593-0-30291500-1439689001_thumb.jpg

Edited by neoexcaliber

It does appear the Arcadia stab is more blue than grey and should be the other way around, either way I eagerly awaiting this toy.

*Edit*

I might recheck my monitors calibration but I see 2 blue/grey stabs in the picture above.

*Edit*

You just changed the pic on us, could you re add the one that you had there?

Edited by Loop

It does appear the Arcadia stab is more blue than grey and should be the other way around, either way I eagerly awaiting this toy.

*Edit*

I might recheck my monitors calibration but I see 2 blue/grey stabs in the picture above.

*Edit*

That was the wrong picture. It was from the 0A that someone had already posted as well. To be honest, the fins do not usually have light casting directly on them so it makes it hard to make out the actual colour since they have that strong blue ambience. I did find this still that shows the 0S actual fin colour, but the fin does still look blue in the fifth episode so I suspect Arcadia would go with that.

post-3593-0-69686000-1439689833_thumb.jpg

*Edit*

*Edit*

If you're ever in doubt of your color calibrations, you can always do a screen grab and open it in a photo editing program and use the color picker to see what the actual values are since those aren't affected by incorrect calibrations.

This way you have a completely objective quantification of the color.

Here are a few screengrabs of the 0A. I'm convinced they're not supposed to be blue. Some of these have a somewhat more neutral ambience colour compared to the rest.

post-3593-0-73681200-1439690350_thumb.jpgpost-3593-0-11278900-1439690362_thumb.jpgpost-3593-0-12339200-1439690412_thumb.jpgpost-3593-0-35192900-1439690420_thumb.jpg

And here's the same photo as above colour corrected to remove the blue tinge. Arcadia screwed up.

post-3593-0-66550200-1439690578_thumb.jpg

Edited by neoexcaliber

I really don't think they ought to be blue either. Otherwise why aren't we arguing that the white areas on the VF-0D and the VF-0S aren't blue also?

I mean in lots of scenes, they're have a very blue tint to them.

I mean look at this for example:

post-10222-0-90207100-1439690737_thumb.jpg

Clearly Arcadia has got the VF-0S prototype very wrong and the body should be a bluish white! :p

If you're ever in doubt of your color calibrations, you can always do a screen grab and open it in a photo editing program and use the color picker to see what the actual values are since those aren't affected by incorrect calibrations.

This assumes that the source image does not have a color bias. Not to go too far off topic, but even blu-ray releases are not perfect and are known to have this (red and green pop up the most for live action stuff). it's a source of consternation for media purists at sites like avsforum.

Nah it's all good. He had another picture that showed a really dynamic angle of the VF-0S where you could see both of the stabs and the red line across the lower leg section that was clearly showing a dark blue/grey color.

Whats funny though is the picture he replaced it with (VF-0S in battroid wings open) is missing the red line completely on the inner portion of the leg :p.

Edited by Loop

Nah it's all good. He had another picture that showed a really dynamic angle of the VF-0S where you could see both of the stabs and the red line across the lower leg section that was clearly showing a dark blue/grey color.

Whats funny though is the picture he replaced it with (VF-0S in battroid wings open) is missing the red line completely on the inner portion of the leg :p.

I think that's because it was a 0A in the photo I took down. :lol:

I am now talking about the first 2 posted photos you have posted featuring the VF-0S. The red line should go all the way through to the inside of the leg. If you look at treatments photos of the VF-0S you can see them there, but the first pic you posted with the wings open in battroid the red line is clearly missing on the leg.

The Tamiya AS-10 Ocean Gray is very close to the colour that appears in the show, if you don't account for the blue ambient.

219yc5VTvsL._SX425_.jpg

hehe! I wonder if Bandai used the Tamiya color code symbol as inspiration when they designed the DX Valkyrie stands! :p:D well for the n.u.n.s. Valk's anyway.. -_-

from vol-5 of the dvd. coz i got nothing better to do, either...

:touche:

:bump:

Well, I'll be...

Not only does that look blue for the fins, and is clearly different than the fast packs/conformal armour on the legs, but look at the hands in that gerwalk pic, second to last.

All this time I thought the VF-0 series hands didn't retract, but they certainly look like they're retracted in that pic.

Thanks for going to the trouble to post those, Treatment

Edited by mickyg

Well, I'll be...

Not only does that look blue for the fins, and is clearly different than the fast packs/conformal armour on the legs, but look at the hands in that gerwalk pic, second to last.

All this time I thought the VF-0 series hands didn't retract, but they certainly look like they're retracted in that pic.

Thanks for going to the trouble to post those, Treatment

The hands on the toys partially retract too, but the back plate of the hand goes into the arm and not over it like that pic shows.

The Tamiya AS-10 Ocean Gray is very close to the colour that appears in the show, if you don't account for the blue ambient.

attachicon.gif219yc5VTvsL._SX425_.jpg

Thanks for posting this. This is the color I'm going to buy if ever I decided on painting the so-called misleading 'blues'. If not, I'll be happy for sure. :lol:

BESIDES, after all this blue talks, once we get the Valk coming early-Sept, people will be forgiving once again. ;)

Guest davidwhangchoi

attachicon.gif219yc5VTvsL._SX425_.jpg

is does look like that ocean grey you posted which looks blue grey

Well, I'll be...

Not only does that look blue for the fins, and is clearly different than the fast packs/conformal armour on the legs,

i agree and noticed that too. the fast packs look grey in the anime and the fins and back legs look ocean grey.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

The promo poster from Arcadia shows grey stabs on the CF.

This promo poster for the VF0A shows a blueish-gray fin and look what they did to the actual toy. :lol: Granted, it's just an illustration while the CF looks like the 3d model they used in the show.

post-3593-0-56384700-1439781742_thumb.jpgpost-3593-0-74558700-1439781746_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting this. This is the color I'm going to buy if ever I decided on painting the so-called misleading 'blues'. If not, I'll be happy for sure. :lol:

BESIDES, after all this blue talks, once we get the Valk coming early-Sept, people will be forgiving once again. ;)

Bear in mind that it's still not an accurate colour. Even the whites in the show have a slight blue tinge to them. If you take into account the blue sky ambient, you need to add a little bit of red to Ocean Grey to get the correct colour which is a bit more neutral.

Edited by neoexcaliber

This promo poster for the VF0A shows a blueish-gray fin and look what they did to the actual toy. :lol: Granted, it's just an illustration while the CF looks like the 3d model they used in the show.

attachicon.gifWonfes-2015-Arcadia-image-10.jpgattachicon.gifwfv003.jpg

Bear in mind that it's still not an accurate colour. Even the whites in the show have a slight blue tinge to them. If you take into account the blue sky ambient, you need to add a little bit of red to Ocean Grey to get the correct colour which is a bit more neutral.

That's ok. I kinda like how the overall whites on the VF-0A. Well, except for that blue areas. I'm just saying that if ever I decided to paint the blue, that Ocean Gray paint is the best choice since I don't want to mix and match the color. ;) But we have to see it first since I'm planning on displaying this one with the VF-0D, so I'm assuming the blue parts on the VF-0A will compliment the VF-0D. Right now, I'm just glad that there's a few 'yellow' parts on the VF-0S to convert it into 'red'. ;)

Yeah not going to get changed now. For the color haters why don't you inundate Arcadia or go straight to mr k day in and day out and fill his pages with it.

It's like being so fiercely political on the internet but never daring to write your senator about anything.

Yeah not going to get changed now. For the color haters why don't you inundate Arcadia or go straight to mr k day in and day out and fill his pages with it.

It's like being so fiercely political on the internet but never daring to write your senator about anything.

Didn't somebody asked/inundated Mr.K about the VF-0D "blue" and the Armored VF-1J "grey goggles" repeatedly before?

Yeah.

His answers were really very clear and definitive on both back then...

:5: