Hi-Metal R

joppewo

1 hour ago, Major Focker said:

very nice diorama!

at that range, without Roy and Max, the Monster would've been toast.

are those 1/100 buildings? where did you get them?

That's not my diorama but I hope to have one like that some day.  Those buildings are from Outland Models and they're 1/87 scale.  They can be found on ebay.

Finally got the not-Hikky armored valk out of the box. Pic is sideways as he looks unbalanced from the front. I only found the adaptor for stands after I cleaned up and put the remaining stuff in the box. I also failed to read about it in the manual in my excitement lol. I'll try again when HMR Milia becomes available. It's gonna be one big happy group pic! :D

large.2017armoredvalk.jpg.90806482ca587ef7c1a7fcb573b29215.jpg

I'm kinda glad I bought this one over the VF1S Hikky as he looks awesome. He's gonna be displayed permanently as removing those armor just to put him back in the box is tedious. What I am worried about is the leg articulation. I wanted to raise his right leg a little more but the joint is too stiff. Is that normal? I'm afraid I'll break it if put more pressure to bend it.

That said, I was kinda disappointed that there's barely any HMR on the shelves, while there were loads of Gundam robot damashii here, Gundam gunpla there. But I guess sold out is better so that Bandai makes more Macross HMR.

9 hours ago, sh9000 said:

3 HMR Monsters would look cool together.  I've been thinking about getting a few more.

Hmmm... 3 Monsters. Looks like you're planning to recreate a memorable specific scene. ;)

Currently in Japan and had a chance to visit the Akiba Showroom. Man, the prototype paint on the HMR Tomahawk is very pink. At first I thought it was due to the lighting, but looking at it closer and in person, I don't think it is. Hopefully they adjust the color some more on the final product.

2 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Currently in Japan and had a chance to visit the Akiba Showroom. Man, the prototype paint on the HMR Tomahawk is very pink. At first I thought it was due to the lighting, but looking at it closer and in person, I don't think it is. Hopefully they adjust the color some more on the final product.

Don't tell me the paint mixer from Arcadia went to Bandai....

56 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

The nailed the Monster, the Glaug (although I say it should have been a shade lighter grey, like almost white, but whatever) and the Battle Pods, and it looks like the Spartan as well from the promotional pics, I'm not to worried about it. 

The Regults should have been white, not grey. And no visible metal everywhere... I could also argue the chosen shade of blue, but that's nowhere near Arcadia levels of being off the mark, so I give it a pass. But I'm still worried about the Spartan.

29 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I hope the Regult variants come as standalone, full packages. I don't even want to think about the demand on regular Regults will be like if they are just add on parts. If they are add ons, at least reissue the Regults to go along.

I concur. I would think that if they had the intention of doing it as an add-on pack that they would have released them at the same time as the Regults to boost the sales of both.

So MyKombini cancelled my Glaug order. Reason was " Unfortunately,we have refunded your payment because you are not eligilbe to seller protection so we can't ship your parcel.
If you want to buy in our store you must use paypal.
"

Wtf

I have sent an email for further explanation. I have a preorder for HMR Milia with them that was paid partially and I dread asking about it. T_T

There's just too many releases of everything DYRL, and just not enough TV Versions:

- All character figures are in DYRL costumes.

- The Hi Metal Line only has DYRL versions of Max and Kaki's VF-1As.

- Apart from the recent Megahouse release, almost all SDF-1 toys or model kits are DYRL version.

So no, I don't want a DYRL version of the Regult. Just want them to release more TV versions of anything. 

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

I'd buy it.....but in the meantime, can you paint one of yours up so we can see what it would look like? :rolleyes:

Yeah I was thinking about painting one.

Here's my updated collection list with a few eventual customs and future releases:

Regult (14)
Glaug
Monster
Spartan (4)
VF-1S Super TV Roy with optional HMR white VF-1S head
VF-1S Strike Roy
VF-1S Strike Hikaru
VF-1S Strike Max
VF-1J Armored Valkyrie (2)
VF-1J Hikaru
VF-1J Super Max
VF-1J Super TV Max colors
VF-1J Super Milia
VF-1J Super TV Milia colors
VF-1A Cavaliers
VF-1A DYRL Max
VF-1A DYRL Hikaru
VF-1A DYRL Kakizaki
VF-1A CF (8)
VF-1J CF (2)
VF-1D CF
VF-1S CF
VF-1S Red from VF-X2
VF-1D
VF-1A TV Max
VF-1A TV Kakizaki
VF-1A Angel Birds
VF-1X Valkyrie Plus
VF-1J Target Battroid
VF-1J Low Vis
VF-1 Standard Fast Packs
Missile Effect Parts (2)
Custom Max GBP Armor Parts
Custom CF GBP Armor Parts
Custom Effect Parts

So MyKombini hasn't answered my email regarding the Glaug order cancellation. I'm now really worried about my Milia preorder. I've also decided that will be my last order with them. I paid as I should but I won't be putting up with the Paypal bullshit just to get some toys.