Hi-Metal R

joppewo

I am a bit dubious paying for a preorder on ebay that is still 4 months away. There is no Paypal protection.

I feel confident that when these are finally released they will be easily available just like the Armoured Valkyrie was.

Gaiares! That was the best side scrolling shooter EVERZ.

In other news, HLJ just forced me to ship my Hi-Metal R Hikaru so it's on its way. Someday I'll review it...

The Strike Valkyrie? I didn't think that was due until the end of next month?

I am a bit dubious paying for a preorder on ebay that is still 4 months away. There is no Paypal protection.

I feel confident that when these are finally released they will be easily available just like the Armoured Valkyrie was.

I'm pretty sure he mean the VF-1J Hikaru.

Also Paypal protection have changed to 180 days for a while now.

Probably he was referring to the VF-1J GBP.

I'm pretty sure he mean the VF-1J Hikaru.

Also Paypal protection have changed to 180 days for a while now.

Almost 6 months? That's good news! ;)

Thank you! Pre-ordered 2 :)

Probably but be aware that you now have to pay for Tamashii Web Shop items upfront.

FYI, they allowed me to pay later, as usual.

I wonder what the chances are of a web exclusive Max 1S release?

Anyway, in for one Roy. : )

Maybe Max 1S will be next year's Tamashii nation exclusive. Releasing two colour variations of the same mould as web exclusives is unlikely.don't think Bandai has done it before recently.

Thank you! Pre-ordered 2 :)

FYI, they allowed me to pay later, as usual.

That is weird. Please keep me/us update for more information. I myself had to pay upfront for the S.H.Figuarts Sailor Pluto after I preordered it day one (the invoice came a few month later). The same is true for the board members that ordered the S.H.Figuarts X Chogokin Hulkbuster from NY.

I will wait and see what they say about the MB Astray Red Frame once orders are up and keep additional funds ready if I have to pay upfront.

That is weird. Please keep me/us update for more information. I myself had to pay upfront for the S.H.Figuarts Sailor Pluto after I preordered it day one (the invoice came a few month later). The same is true for the board members that ordered the S.H.Figuarts X Chogokin Hulkbuster from NY.

I will wait and see what they say about the MB Astray Red Frame once orders are up and keep additional funds ready if I have to pay upfront.

I chose pay later as well for the VF-1S Roy.

1445498313143.jpg

cr: taghobby

I really hope that those pictures are of hand-painted prototypes, because the skull & crossbones on the heatshields are placed too high, making the heatshields appear oblong. This is strange because while the old Hi-Metal Strike VF-1S (2010) also had the same problem, Bandai fixed the skull & crossbones the following year on the exclusive Hikaru, Max, and Kakizaki VF-1A's. Now, it looks like Bandai is reverting back to their original misapplication.

In some of those pictures on Bandai's page, Roy's VF-1S almost looks like it's grey with a slightly blueish tint. I don't mind the change, it just seems pretty inexplicable.

NY is charging even more than the tamashii page.... <_<

Indeed. It is a difference of 616 JPY with the posted price. Is Japan sales tax still around 8%? That would put the actual Tamashii retail price around 8744 JPY and the no tax difference at about 1376 JPY. Even then, it's still not bad if N-Y can secure the orders. If you have a contact or family overseas, then it may be worthwhile to seek out another solution.

In some of those pictures on Bandai's page, Roy's VF-1S almost looks like it's grey with a slightly blueish tint. I don't mind the change, it just seems pretty inexplicable.

I don't mind the change either, although I was thinking it could be the light that was used for in the photos. But I really don't know. It will be interesting to see both Hikaru and Roy's 1S in hand. If Bandai is changing things, then they aren't alone. It seems both Arcadia and Bandai are doing this just for the sake of doing something different and making their new VF-1 releases stand out (and that can be cool too).

Of course, my single wish is for one of the two companies to finish the 1S trio. ^_^

Edited by technoblue