Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Indeed. It is a difference of 616 JPY with the posted price. Is Japan sales tax still around 8%? That would put the actual Tamashii retail price around 8744 JPY and the no tax difference at about 1376 JPY. Even then, it's still not bad if N-Y can secure the orders. If you have a contact or family overseas, then it may be worthwhile to seek out another solution.

Tamashii-web exclusives will always have the 8% tax included, because it has to be delivered to a Japanese address.

So take that 616JPY as a 'commission fee' for NY :p

Indeed. It is a difference of 616 JPY with the posted price. Is Japan sales tax still around 8%? That would put the actual Tamashii retail price around 8744 JPY and the no tax difference at about 1376 JPY. Even then, it's still not bad if N-Y can secure the orders. If you have a contact or family overseas, then it may be worthwhile to seek out another

hmmm not sure if the stand is worth the extra eagerness to order now... If its a nicer customised sculpted stand then maybe ...

If am not mistaken preorders effectively start on the 29th right? So There may be a chance to get the regular roy at cheaper prices? Is There a Non tamashii exclusive version?

Edited by seti88

hmmm not sure if the stand is worth the extra eagerness to order now... If its a nicer customised sculpted stand then maybe ...

If am not mistaken preorders effectively start on the 29th right? So There may be a chance to get the regular roy at cheaper prices? Is There a Non tamashii exclusive version?

Right. If you preorder within the first week, then Roy's 1S should come with the limited edition stand (such as it is). If you preorder on November 5 or later, then it will not come with the stand. I don't know if there will be a cheaper version announced later. I expect this Tamashii release will be priced the same whether or not you get the included first week preorder bonus.

I pre-ordered 2 and chose pay later, but I could only choose that option if I selected to pay with JPY. Initially Iteied USD and it wanted me to pay now. I scrapped that order and re did it but now it shows that orde was cancelled due to non payment.

So if this line is based off of DYRL, wouldn't that mean the VF-1J armored is not necessarily Hikaru? I have not watched DYRL in a long time, but I always thought the armored 1J that was shown was not Hikaru but a shot of the "extras" fighting to defend the SDF-1.

So if this line is based off of DYRL, wouldn't that mean the VF-1J armored is not necessarily Hikaru? I have not watched DYRL in a long time, but I always thought the armored 1J that was shown was not Hikaru but a shot of the "extras" fighting to defend the SDF-1.

I think it is mixed...or a hybrid of sorts....the GBP is definitely not Hikaru, as they did not go out of their way to label it as such on the box.....but the Regult and Glaug are SDFM......the Regult would have been "green" if DYRL...perhaps a future websclusive?

Anyways, even the Max and Milia -1J Supers are not correct "lineart" SDFM....I doubt Bandai will spend the cash for separate TV armor molds.....

Guest davidwhangchoi

fo21302.jpg

1445498313143.jpg

cr: taghobby

hey guys not sure if its just the photos on NY and in the pic but is this darker than the hikaru 1s, it looks nice in dark tint but it may be the lighting in the photos

edite: ah i'm on a small screen didnt see someone asking already... well hope its that dark grey

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Prolly mixed since it seems Bandai's just being lazy and stuff about the deco and stuff.

The Armored-1J had a Hikaru-DYRL uniform pilot instead of his tv-uniform.

Btw, the included stand on this upcoming Roy is just stage-act5 in smoked-color.

Edited by treatment

No, the HMR line is about 1/100 scale, same as the original Hi-Metal line.

Edit - just realized that graphic says "shoulder armors" instead of "forearm armors"... when I do my HMR review I'll have to fix that...

Hi-Metal-VF-1S-8.jpg

Edited by jenius

So is the Hi-Metal R line fully painted or gloss/matte coated?

It's molded in color (the plastic pigment used determines the color) with matching paint for some of the metal bits, paint application for the stripes and tampo printing for the livery. Matt or gloss depends on the finish of the tooling specified by Bandai; someone who already has the 1J with GBP on-hand can chime in on just how reflective the actual surface is; everything looks semi-gloss to gloss, but pictures on the web can be highly deceptive.

Prolly mixed since it seems Bandai's just being lazy and stuff about the deco and stuff.

The Armored-1J had a Hikaru-DYRL uniform pilot instead of his tv-uniform.

Btw, the included stand on this upcoming Roy is just stage-act5 in smoked-color.

Except the helmet is painted in SDFM colors....

gallery_12176_633_2890.jpg

....kinda cool since it is not supposed to be Hikaru anyway, but some random pilot...

Yes I have 2x of the 1J Armored and also noted the pilot. I also took that as being an unknown pilot.

Except the helmet is painted in SDFM colors....

gallery_12176_633_2890.jpg

....kinda cool since it is not supposed to be Hikaru anyway, but some random pilot...

Yes I have 2x of the 1J Armored and also noted the pilot. I also took that as being an unknown pilot.

The "unknown" or "random" pilot thingy will only be tolerable if the valk-colors are hidden by the GBP.

Unfortunately, the VF-1J itself sans the armor is in Hikaru's specific and iconic tv-colors.

An "unknown/random pilot" would only really work if it's the brownie-1J.

Bandai just really screwed it up.