Yea I saw this about a week ago, I wasn't too sure about it at first, but now I'm feeling it could be real. You can kind of make out what looks like Iron Man flying around just below him, plus this seems to line up with what Marvel has been saying about a very basic home-made Spider suit at first for Peter, who knows though, in the world of comic book movies and shows, I've been duped by good Photoshopped images before.

Edit: Nevermind, like I thought I had already read when I first saw this image, it's been confirmed as a fake.

original.jpg

Edited by Tking22

• 2 weeks later...

After friction over the budget on 'Captain America: Civil War,' the studio's film guru threatened to leave Marvel until Disney CEO Bob Iger intervened with a new plan.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvels-civil-war-why-kevin-820147

'Been reading about this all week. Only thing I say is a very Spock "Fascinating." ^_--

• 2 months later...

Two enhanced soldiers tag-teaming a guy in a suit. I could go for that.

In theory I would agree but the choreography doesn't look great in that scene.

Largely I just wonder what this means for the new Avengers team given that coming right off Age of Ultron the team is dividing along different "party" lines, for lack of a better term.

Very awesome trailer, wasn't the biggest fan of Winter Soldier, but this is looking good. I gotta ask it, where's Spider-Man? Also I didn't catch Ant-Man in there, I'll have to watch it again, maybe he's just tiny and hanging out on someone's shoulder like in that promo pic from a few weeks back.

Very awesome trailer, wasn't the biggest fan of Winter Soldier, but this is looking good. I gotta ask it, where's Spider-Man? Also I didn't catch Ant-Man in there, I'll have to watch it again, maybe he's just tiny and hanging out on someone's shoulder like in that promo pic from a few weeks back.

Don't expect much Spider-Man. Filming started around the time Marvel announced the change in the Spider-Man license. I would expect him to only have a very small role in this movie, bordering on cameo.

An excellent trailer. They are playing to all the strengths of the Captain America character and his best parts even in the ensemble films. Chris Evan's performances also continues to get better and better with each movie he makes, and he was already a good actor. And again, the brilliance of Winter Soldier's timely social commentary seems to be now hard coded into the DNA of the Captain America stories for the MCU; this civil war might take some of those political themes and subtext to a new level given the broader implications of the Civil War story line. And wow, the action looks just incredible. These last two films are solid action flicks even without all the rest of the great material within each of them. Years ago when the MCU was just getting started, I never expected to like the Captain America character. Especially after that first medicore standalone film, despite Evan's empathetic performance. But The Avengers and then The Winter Soldier turned the character around, especially his fight against that state of fear in his own country. Now, I find Captain America one of the more interesting characters in an already strong cast of heros. Very excited for this next film!

Yes, I like that it doesn't have to be a single villain for the team to fight - or split - against. In that way, the villains are the main heroes themselves, because they are allowing themselves to lose focus on their friends and team mates truly are. The hero is the villain when they allow to happen what an actual villain would be unable to do.

Edited by Thom

Damn, that does look good. AoU was just ok for me, LOVED Winter Soldier though. Curious, do any other hero's join Starks side in the comics? Look like it was just him and War Machine vs everyone else.

Chris

Damn, that does look good. AoU was just ok for me, LOVED Winter Soldier though. Curious, do any other hero's join Starks side in the comics? Look like it was just him and War Machine vs everyone else.

Chris

Reed Richards, Susan Storm, Spider-man, Carol Danvers/Miss Marvel.

An excellent trailer. They are playing to all the strengths of the Captain America character and his best parts even in the ensemble films. Chris Evan's performances also continues to get better and better with each movie he makes, and he was already a good actor. And again, the brilliance of Winter Soldier's timely social commentary seems to be now hard coded into the DNA of the Captain America stories for the MCU; this civil war might take some of those political themes and subtext to a new level given the broader implications of the Civil War story line. And wow, the action looks just incredible. These last two films are solid action flicks even without all the rest of the great material within each of them. Years ago when the MCU was just getting started, I never expected to like the Captain America character. Especially after that first medicore standalone film, despite Evan's empathetic performance. But The Avengers and then The Winter Soldier turned the character around, especially his fight against that state of fear in his own country. Now, I find Captain America one of the more interesting characters in an already strong cast of heros. Very excited for this next film!

You're right, Chris Evans has made me a Cap fan when I never was before. I love his portrayal.

I would actually argue all of the actors have made their comic book counterparts look better.

So, suddenly Tony Stark, Mr. Anti-establishment, as it's been set up in the movies, wants everyone to start following a moral code and center?

So, suddenly Tony Stark, Mr. Anti-establishment, as it's been set up in the movies, wants everyone to start following a moral code and center?

Being Anti-establishment does not mean being Amoral.

The way the movies are setting it up Iron man might be more like Spider-man going along with the new order; but realizing its not right, and it might be a broken Iron man the Punisher brings to Captain American.

Tony puts the iron in irony... :p From what i'm guessing from the trailer, there was a terrorist attack at a "UN" type counsel and it was pinned on Bucky and General Ross that's brought in to bring him in. Remember, it was Tony that approached Ross at the end of The Incredible Hulk movie, so we're probably finally going to see the fruit of that relationship. In any case, Bucky being blamed for the explosion puts Cap and co. on the other side of the troops. Besides, Tony found his moral code early enough in the first Iron Man film. It's his arrogance that makes him think that he can use any methods he wants to justify his means.

I was thinking the same thing, but after giving it more thought....maybe he see's how reckless he's been, particularly after AoU, by just doing what he wanted...I believe Cap and Banner where saying as much to him. So now he's willing to toe the line because he sees what his lack of accountability brought.

Chris

Being Anti-establishment does not mean being Amoral.

The way the movies are setting it up Iron man might be more like Spider-man going along with the new order; but realizing its not right, and it might be a broken Iron man the Punisher brings to Captain American.

I never said Stark was amoral. However morality is relative, and Stark up to this point has generally used his own code and ethics, contrary to the general consensus; he's only ever reluctantly worked with others. Now I'm being led to believe that he's siding with the government that tried to persecute him and forcefully obtain his technology? Maybe I'm just not understanding enough of the premise or story so far, but it seems flawed to me. I'll keep an open mind though... Edited by myk

I never said Stark was amoral. However morality is relative, and Stark up to this point has generally used his own code and ethics, contrary to the general consensus; he's only ever reluctantly worked with others. Now I'm being led to believe that he's siding with the government that tried to persecute him and forcefully obtain his technology? Maybe I'm just not understanding enough of the premise or story so far, but it seems flawed to me. I'll keep an open mind though...

I would think Stark has a greater degree of influence with his gov't buddies (quite a bit) than he does with Cap & Team (none). Stark shares nothing with the military and insists on doing it all himself. War Machine works for the military, but his stolen/commandeered suit can still be overridden if it comes down to it.

He's a control freak with good intentions. The existence of the Hulkbuster suit is a clear signal that he never puts 100% trust in his teammates.