Cool! I wonder: are they going to use the animated series as his (Black Panther's) canon for introducing the character to the film universe? I forced myself to watch past the intro to ep 1 (talk about a "WTF? are these muh fuh's serious?" moment) and actually ended up really liking that one; one of Marvel's better animated adaptations to date...

and as for the guy that wrote this article, this Mark Julian whatsisface

I'd say: damn, man. Quit looking for sh*t to be offended by. Let's not be so quick to grab up the protest placards, eh? see how it turns out. I don't think Marvel would choose such a long-standing minority character from their ranks and bring him to the silver-screen just to punk him. At least, I hope not. I'm (more) willing to give Marvel Studios a chance. So far, a fair number of their movies have pleasantly surprised.

Edited by reddsun1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Based on the test screenings this movie isn't Avengers 2.5, it's firmly set around Cap and Bucky.

They are certainly central to the plot (it is a Captain America movie) - but based on the cast of characters I enjoy saying "Avengers 2.5", especially since the other characters are much more than cameos.

-b.

So they went with the Romita/Ditko-look.

CGI big eyes. No. Just no. It just looks silly. Deadpool did it better.

And strips on the suit. No. Just no. Suit webbing could stand out a bit more. The Raimi-suit and TASM 2's suit still look better in that respect.

So Tony freaks and becomes doomsday-preppy cuz Rhodey is either gonna die or be mortally wounded.

I assume you haven't heard the rumors surrounding Civil War II in the comics then?

Yeah, but his personality sucks in the comics. I like the movie version of him better.

Thanks for posting that closeup of Spidey EXO. Notice the eyes. I mentioned we hear a sort of motor moving when the eyes resize. Looks like they mechanically open and close almost like a shutter based on that image.

This is the real test for the Russo Brothers here. If they can juggle this many characters and keep a good story going then we're pretty much guaranteed they'll handle Avengers 3 better than Whedon did the previous two.

Edited by Mommar

Yeah, but his personality sucks in the comics. I like the movie version of him better.

Thanks for posting that closeup of Spidey EXO. Notice the eyes. I mentioned we hear a sort of motor moving when the eyes resize. Looks like they mechanically open and close almost like a shutter based on that image.

This is the real test for the Russo Brothers here. If they can juggle this many characters and keep a good story going then we're pretty much guaranteed they'll handle Avengers 3 better than Whedon did the previous two.

I'm curious also. I loved Winter Soldier so much it shot up to my top ten list of favorite movies. But after Gore Verbinski took a nose dive after the one-two punch of Pirates and The Ring, I'll go movie by movie before considering myself a true fan. I have a good feeling about Civil War though...

I don't like the uniform... They insert him in the last minute because off BvS.

You do realize that back before Avengers 2 came out they waited until the last minute to reveal Vision as well, right? This isn't anything new for Marvel.

That would screw with his semi-impaired peripheral vision even more...I would hate it if the shutters closed more at the wrong moment.

People really think that Marvel is worried about the DC franchise?

I've never heard of this. Marvel/Disney isn't worried about a damn thing.

This trailer is soooo good. Spidey looks great.

Edited by Negotiator