Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

9 hours ago, Saburo said:

I'd like to get your thoughts on the Ultimate EX Voltron, what do you think of it? I am always weary of Toynami releases.

I think its pretty good but the SOC is still king. The real star of the show in this set is the lions themselves, you can get some really nice poses out of them. Voltron itself is good but ball joints for the hips was a dumb decision. Im happy with it, its a different take on Voltron and once assembled its going to tower over most things in your collection. I would recommend it if you can find it on sale for under $300. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Received this little fella yesterday. After the Marvel Revoltechs ive been going back and getting some of the older releases. This one makes for a good little desk toy. 

Revoltech DancougaRevoltech Dancouga

The SV-262 is listed at a length of 17.54m according to the Macross Compendium; the YF-21/VF-22 at 19.62 m.  At 1/60 they should be 29.23cm and 32.70cm, respectively.  The 262 DX measures ~ 29.2cm (just about perfect 1/60), and 21/22 is ~34.1cm long (about 1/57.5).

Bandai's toy is on the money.

Yamato's is over-sized for the claimed scale, but not by that much.

The truth is that the YF-21/VF-22 are just very big birds that outsize every other VF with the exception of the SV-51, at least among produced toys.

In conclusion, the two toys may look a bit off next to each other but they are actually "correctly" sized based on the stats for their "real" selves... the SV-262 will always be smaller than the YF-21 at the same scale.

On 12/26/2017 at 7:50 AM, anubis20 said:

Xmas Haul 12/25/2017

This Voltron is huge!!! HMR 1S for reference

Toynami Voltron Ultimate EX

w/ the SOC

Toynami Voltron Ultimate EX

Wow 2 things to note.

First is your pics make that toynami voltron look waaaaaay better than Toynami does with their stock photos.

and Second is I'm so mad at myself for spacing on the chogokin one. Argh

Finally caught up in this massive thread and figured I'd check in with a few recent and assorted "stuff and thangs" that I've managed to open so far

Figurarts BB-8 added to the droid lineup
i7 8700k (to replace an aging i5 4670k) & mobo
Figuarts TLJ Praetorian (w/heavy blade)
Figuarts TLJ First Order troopers and Executioner
Figuarts Iron Man Mk II re-issue (holy crap this figure is awesome, I believe there's even diecast in the legs)
McFarlane Tiny Tina!!! (holding a teeny tiny Figuarts baby Groot from the pack with Rocket which I haven't taken out yet)

PS. Yall are killing me with the Eaglemoss and Aoshima Star Trek ship pics... ugh I want!  Especially that Aoshima holy crap I wish I'd known about that when it was "only" $150.

IMG_0084.JPG

IMG_0087.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

3 minutes ago, ZorClone said:

Finally caught up in this massive thread and figured I'd check in with a few recent and assorted "stuff and thangs" that I've managed to open so far

Figurarts BB-8 added to the droid lineup
i7 8700k (to replace an aging i5 4670k) & mobo
Figuarts TLJ Praetorian (w/heavy blade)
Figuarts TLJ First Order troopers and Executioner
Figuarts Iron Man Mk II re-issue (holy crap this figure is awesome, I believe there's even diecast in the legs)
McFarlane Tiny Tina!!! (holding a teeny tiny Figuarts baby Groot from the pack with Rocket which I haven't taken out yet)

PS. Yall are killing me with the Eaglemoss and Aoshima Star Trek ship pics... ugh I want!  Especially that Aoshima holy crap I wish I'd known about that when it was "only" $150.

IMG_0084.JPG

IMG_0087.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0112.JPG

Nice haul and pics!

I got an Ex-Gokin God Phoenix (repaint version) today.  I'm not sure why it's a "repaint" when it's the original colors of the vehicle, but whatever.

25493563488_d0dd4d35ef_c.jpg

It's been almost 40 years since I first saw Battle of the Planets on TV.  It was the first anime I loved, and while I don't have much affection for the overall show anymore, the iconic characters and vehicles give me the warm fuzzies.  None of them do this moreso than the G-5 Phoenix.  I remember watching that show as a child and wishing I had a die cast Phoenix just like my Dinky Toys Enterprise to play with while I watched the adventures of Mark, Jason, Princess, Tiny, Keyop, and 7-Zark-7.

And you're damn right that I watched the intro to Battle of the Planets earlier while I swooshed this thing around!

The holy trinity is now complete:  Phoenix, Argo/Yamato, and SDF-1, the Genesis of anime for me.  If only I still had the Millennium Queen poster I had in the early 80s, that would be the perfect personal backdrop for the three.

Treatment's photo of his SDF-1 and Yamato over in the Arcadia SDF-1 thread inspired me to do this one:

38485348265_dc897a218b_c.jpg

39 minutes ago, GabrielV said:

I got an Ex-Gokin God Phoenix (repaint version) today.  I'm not sure why it's a "repaint" when it's the original colors of the vehicle, but whatever.

25493563488_d0dd4d35ef_c.jpg

It's been almost 40 years since I first saw Battle of the Planets on TV.  It was the first anime I loved, and while I don't have much affection for the overall show anymore, the iconic characters and vehicles give me the warm fuzzies.  None of them do this moreso than the G-5 Phoenix.  I remember watching that show as a child and wishing I had a die cast Phoenix just like my Dinky Toys Enterprise to play with while I watched the adventures of Mark, Jason, Princess, Tiny, Keyop, and 7-Zark-7.

And you're damn right that I watched the intro to Battle of the Planets earlier while I swooshed this thing around!

The holy trinity is now complete:  Phoenix, Argo/Yamato, and SDF-1, the Genesis of anime for me.  If only I still had the Millennium Queen poster I had in the early 80s, that would be the perfect personal backdrop for the three.

Treatment's photo of his SDF-1 and Yamato over in the Arcadia SDF-1 thread inspired me to do this one:

Beautiful! A proper God Phoenix is what I need but I just can't bring myself to buy that EX Gokin one. Seems like an expensive glorified paperweight and the Unifive one is pretty much unobtainable at a decent price. I'm hoping someone makes a newer, better toy of it someday. That display you have is perfect though. 

10 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! I just read the original Secret Wars again so looking forward to that Klaw figure!

Hopefully there’s one of those BOGO sales so that I can price adjust and end up getting the figures for cheaper.

10 hours ago, Mommar said:

Where did you find it?

At TRU yesterday.  The street date is 1/1 and they did an override at the register to sell it.

14 hours ago, GabrielV said:

*snip*

The first release of the Fewture Ex-Gokin God Phoenx was the Firebird paint scheme, later they released the repaint which was the normal paint scheme.

Fewture-God-Phoenix-EX-Gokin-Gatchaman-G-5-Firebird.jpg.91133dd53c3056bb4d7486f77b67304c.jpg

13 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Beautiful! A proper God Phoenix is what I need but I just can't bring myself to buy that EX Gokin one. Seems like an expensive glorified paperweight and the Unifive one is pretty much unobtainable at a decent price. I'm hoping someone makes a newer, better toy of it someday. That display you have is perfect though. 

Art Storm (parent company of Fewture EX Gokin) is releasing Big Scale G-5 God Phoenix approx 40cm long, take a look at the price tag... :wacko:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-033883

9 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Max is officially here!! After all these years I finally have an M&M set! :D

Congrats @505thAirborne

35 minutes ago, Saburo said:

The first release of the Fewture Ex-Gokin God Phoenx was the Firebird paint scheme, later they released the repaint which was the normal paint scheme.

Fewture-God-Phoenix-EX-Gokin-Gatchaman-G-5-Firebird.jpg.91133dd53c3056bb4d7486f77b67304c.jpg

Art Storm (parent company of Fewture EX Gokin) is releasing Big Scale G-5 God Phoenix approx 40cm long, take a look at the price tag... :wacko:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-033883

Congrats @505thAirborne

Yeah, I saw that one but it seems to be an even bigger, more expensive paperweight. I want something with the features of the Unifive (hopefully more) and more quality and diecast. Someone should be able to make an excellent, definitive God Phoenix in the $200-$300 range that I would be proud to buy.

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

IMG_9728.JPG

You know what's next on the list? Matching Q-Raus in both Max and Milla colours a la DYRL (if Arcadia decides to make them; that's another rabbit hole all together). :lol:

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, I saw that one but it seems to be an even bigger, more expensive paperweight. I want something with the features of the Unifive (hopefully more) and more quality and diecast. Someone should be able to make an excellent, definitive God Phoenix in the $200-$300 range that I would be proud to buy.

Ok. Just to clarify. You don't want an expensive paperweight. But you wanted more quality and diecast content paperweight. Is that correct? :rolleyes:

47 minutes ago, borgified said:

You know what's next on the list? Matching Q-Raus in both Max and Milla colours a la DYRL (if Arcadia decides to make them; that's another rabbit hole all together). :lol:

Why wait for Arcadia? When you can get a used Yamato set for $300+/-. I'm sure if Arcadia reissue those, prices will be doubled. And that's not even Premium Finish. ^_^ 

On 12/28/2017 at 2:42 PM, edstuff said:

Wow 2 things to note.

First is your pics make that toynami voltron look waaaaaay better than Toynami does with their stock photos.

and Second is I'm so mad at myself for spacing on the chogokin one. Argh

Haha Thanks man!

Yea the SOC flew by and the demand was too great for the run they printed. 

14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. Just to clarify. You don't want an expensive paperweight. But you wanted more quality and diecast content paperweight. Is that correct? :rolleyes:

The EX Gokin does nothing...I think it has some swapable parts to simulate open/closed vents so it doesn't even have built in moveable vents. That's a paperweight to me (although a good looking one). 

The Unifive had opening compartments and all the individual vehicles that could fit into it plus a firebird cover...but it was a bit floppy. 

Gatchaman was my favorite anime before Macross and those stay as my top two all time. There were functional God phoenix toys back in the day so I want Gatchaman toys that are around the same level as Macross toys these days. What I want is something with the features of the unifive and hopefully more but with some better construction, diecast or not.

Make sense?

^ Ofcourse. I’m just kidding on the ‘paperweight’ reference. Since most of the time our collections is just ‘sitting’ when it’s displayed and not doing anything. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

On 12/28/2017 at 10:11 PM, GabrielV said:

That's a goddamn fantastic picture!

You got me thinking about ship sizes so I had to put some of them together to compare...

1/2000 Yamato, 1/2000 Enterprise-D, and 1/3000 SDF-1... which should be 50% bigger than seen here to be in scale. :o

5a47ad8e67b82_sdf-1sizecomparison.thumb.jpg.6bfe894a1f9ccee94aea10f8cdf0a53a.jpg

Can ships be considered hero units? ^_^ (scale is off on this one due to perspective, of course)

5a47b436af352_sdf-1sizecomparison02.jpg.d04a0155bf158c2f30b7bc136577a2ab.jpg

Edited by Lolicon

On 12/28/2017 at 4:14 PM, ZorClone said:

IMG_0093.JPG

Very nice! Though I can think of three things wrong with that pic. :D

20 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

IMG_9728.JPG

Congrats! So jealous and tempted to pick those up... gotta stay strong and hold out for the premiums... :huh: