Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

21 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Comicave Blue Steel and Gamma to go along with my Figuarts Iron Man 

New Haul 12/11/2017

Hey Anubis. When you have time, can you post some pics of a Figuarts and a Comicave figure together? Just want to see how they scale with each other. Thanks in advance. ^_^

18 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Woot! ¥55780 shipped out the door for the pair, thanks to Paypal's crappy exchange rate it was $265 shipped a piece <_< but im happy nonetheless ^_^

*snip*

Congrats Anubis! :drinks:

Now open up those boxes! :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Picked a Starscream from the Post Office:

20171213_110018.jpg

Make sure that you do the Bots and Bit's shoulder mods on YouTube.  Look for YM-06 Dirge Shoulder fix (it can intertwine with the other YM model Seekers and Coneheads). Did the shoulder mod on my copy of the YM-03 and lost one of the shoulder pins while assembling it; going to replace it with one from the Walscream version (got it second hand loose and complete with the cracked transformation hinge where the bottom half of the wings fold upwards).    

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Make sure that you do the Bots and Bit's shoulder mods on YouTube.  Look for YM-06 Dirge Shoulder fix (it can intertwine with the other YM model Seekers and Coneheads). Did the shoulder mod on my copy of the YM-03 and lost one of the shoulder pins while assembling it; going to replace it with one from the Walscream version (got it second hand loose and complete with the cracked transformation hinge where the bottom half of the wings fold upwards).    

Thanks for reminding me!! I did the mod before transforming it and there was some flash on the left metal structure where the shoulder hinge folds!!! Checked the right shoulder just in case and it was ok!!!

Thanks.  I’ll take Iceman out and I’ll try the Jean head swap.

I want a decent looking 6” Magneto and classic Storm but it’s too bad there aren’t any other options at the moment and the Marvel Select versions are too tall.

8618FC99-180C-43CD-A532-6CDC3BE3C027.thumb.jpeg.6dff46950a62872e00d117a62fe4f378.jpeg

Edited by sh9000

6 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks.  I’ll take Iceman out and I’ll try the Jean head swap.

I want a decent looking 6” Magneto and classic Storm but it’s too bad there aren’t any other options at the moment and the Marvel Select versions are too tall.

8618FC99-180C-43CD-A532-6CDC3BE3C027.thumb.jpeg.6dff46950a62872e00d117a62fe4f378.jpeg

You don't have the TB Magneto with the scrap Sentinel base?

7 hours ago, Slave IV said:

You don't have the TB Magneto with the scrap Sentinel base?

I do but I don’t like the arms and large rings on his shoulders that much.

7 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

There is the revoltech one.  But that is a tad bigger than 6 inch, and quite pricey.

Looks kind of cool but it has a different style and will probably not fit in that well.

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, I have Revo Magneto on the way and just ordered Carnage. I don't think @sh9000collects those other lines though. Put that money towards HMR!:D

Yeah just Marvel Legends mainly.

I just read that the Marvel Legends Deadpool wave 2 will have Lady Deadpool, Omega Red, X-23 Wolverine, and Bishop.  Cool.

Edited by sh9000

Having never seen "The False Songstress," I had little interest in the YF-25 Prophecy... but I've admired it from afar, and -- seeing its value going up and up on the secondary market -- I finally decided to get one while I could still afford it.

prophecy.thumb.jpg.5f0b3c3f3b0a3c2a8843d24ffbf543ce.jpg

I'm glad I did.  It's a gorgeous bird.

10 hours ago, tekering said:

Having never seen "The False Songstress," I had little interest in the YF-25 Prophecy... but I've admired it from afar, and -- seeing its value going up and up on the secondary market -- I finally decided to get one while I could still afford it.

prophecy.thumb.jpg.5f0b3c3f3b0a3c2a8843d24ffbf543ce.jpg

I'm glad I did.  It's a gorgeous bird.

I've been tempted for a while now to get a 2nd YF-25, everything about it is just awesome! Congrats on getting one! 

After owning over 30 MP style Transformer figures, I now finally have my first MP seeker, Starscream by Maketoys. I never bothered with the official Takara Starscream or seekers, they never looked good and they were priced terribly for how dated they are and looked. I almost considered the KOs which actually improved on the official product in many ways, but I just am not a fan of the official seeker mold no matter how you slice it, thankfully Maketoys came along and put out their own take on MP Starscream. He's more toon accurate then I normally like, which I usually complain about Takara's official stuff getting, but I feel he just ticks far more boxes then any other MP Starscream available. Figma Deadpool DX is cool, no QC issues with mine, but I've seen he's a bit of a mess for may other people. And that's it on Figuarts Halls, I have all 7 that I want, now I just need two more Iron Man releases and my Hall is officially complete!

20171217_165354.thumb.jpg.098f657f2e3fd136eb6ba0b9bde7175d.jpg