Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Honestly.. I can't even comprehend how something that stupidly obvious could ever make it to shipping. A cursory glance in the box should clearly say, "Oh, yeah, this thing has a broken wing."

To say nothing of the dipshit who packaged them by hand, and still managed to miss such obvious problems.

Seems less like he/she is "missing" these broken wings and more like simply ignoring them. :ph34r:

The broken wings might be due to how the toys are packed in the factory.

I'm thinking the wing was probably not sitting right in the tray (the wing might have slipped out of the wing glove) when the factory worker slammed the clamshell down, causing the break.

Edited by IXTL

Guest davidwhangchoi
ec242e78f8b10c466b493cf11ef01f1e_bigger.

@ Mrk_arcadia and not a problem with the thickness of the blade, broken after the shipment in! Help! pic.twitter.com/gg49457BDO

@ Skullmilitia Tsu Oh! ? Very. If living in Japan, please contact the support page of our web. Please understand that it is not possible to be able to cope with if not living in Japan.

https://twitter.com/Mrk_arcadia

You would have to press real hard with the plastic shell to break the wing. It was probably cracked or close to breakage point before putting in the trays.

I would kill to see the if there's an angel phillia forum to see if some of their doll come with a broken boob or unglued vag and the buyers reactions.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I posted on twitter. All they said was if you're Japanese contact support otherwise you're screwed.

lets see what amiami says... hopefully they will give positive news

lets see what amiami says... hopefully they will give positive news

Don't count on it. Last I heard, and if memory serves, they no longer provide refunds or replacements, even if the item is defective in the box. One of the reasons I stopped buying them.

So is skullmilitia taking lead on getting this situation cleared up with Arcadia?

My one and only order from Ami Ami is looking like this:

DSC_0133_zpsedb90d8d.jpg

DSC_0134_zps22b0eaa1.jpg

Piece ended up all the way up here and probably scratched the piece up already before I could even touch it.

DSC_0135_zps5e355ef3.jpg

And Mommar is right its not the shipping. No dents on the box and completely fine. So what I'm not allowed to post this on Arcadia twitter and facebook now? I think I have the right as a consumer to point it out. Damn their reputation if they can't back it up.

I'm having HLJ open the rest of my orders to check for anything broken.

Unbelievable this thing that's suppose to be solid yet better than the V.1 19 is disintegrating before coming out of the box.

Going to email Ami Ami now.

Good idea. Although mine isn't damaged, from now on, I am going to ask for the guy to check for damage before sending it off. I'd rather they opened the box and inspected the toy before they send it off, I see it cracked up, and have to use a complaint form. "Prevention is better than cure".

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Guest davidwhangchoi

Don't count on it. Last I heard, and if memory serves, they no longer provide refunds or replacements, even if the item is defective in the box. One of the reasons I stopped buying them.

but since they have something in writing, it's worth to see what they say before giving up all hope,

Edited by davidwhangchoi

It might be a more fitting idea to have someone that's in Japan to see if they can get replacements from Arcadia, or at least visit the office and get some answers.

I'm sure one of our resident MW superhero's over there would try at least. I'm going to guess AmiAmi is just going to give refunds if they have any tact.

This doesn't look well for Arcadia, bad shoulders, cracking canopies, happening later down the road is one thing, but seared off pieces of wing is just Bad QC, none of my Bandai's ever came broken in box. Unlike Bandai, I guarantee you Arcadia would help... if someone in Japan takes one for the team and heads over to their office.

Guess I'll hold on with my ol 19 yammies and see if theyll do rerun of these later this year.

Pretty sure they will try to milk the mold, but hopefully they wont do a rerun with the VF-1J 30th Anny paint scheme :ph34r:

Edited by aaajin

I guess I don't really see what someone who lives in Japan is really going to be able to do about it?

They can say theirs is busted and obtain support from the company since they live there. Then give the replacement part to their buddy living in the other country. If you can't speak their language and don't live there and they can't speak english to help you, then you will need a proxy of some sort.

If you are not in japan they have the ability to ignore you and pretend you don't exist.

But lets say there is a critical mass and the internet explodes with complaints....that is a different story. You victims of bad treatment need to network with each other to get things done. That's how it was done when the xbox 360 had the RROD problem. You got to show on youtube how bad the product you bought was to punish them before they begin to take notice and act nice to save their share price from dipping. lol David vs Goliath. Who won? The big coporation eventually ended up having to admit they made a piece of poop and fix it to save the future image in the public eye.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Guess I'll hold on with my ol 19 yammies and see if theyll do rerun of these later this year.

Pretty sure they will try to milk the mold, but hopefully they wont do a rerun with the VF-1J 30th Anny paint scheme :ph34r:

I'm hoping more for a "no-frills" version. Just the fig, gun-pod, 1x Isamu pilot fig and FAST packs at 200 USD. Hell, they can even keep the FAST packs if it helps lower the price.

Edited by GU-11

They can say theirs is busted and obtain support from the company. Give the replacement part to their buddy living in the other country. If you can't speak their language and don't live there and they can't speak english you will need a proxy of some sort.

Outside of the broken wing I'm not happy with the fit or construction of this thing at all. I'd rather get a whole new one that wasn't built by whoever was shipped in on the short bus as it appears everything about the construction of this item was sloppy.

That's true. Although it's likely that they just didn't bother to update their FAQs page.

That's their problem, if it's written on their website they're bound by it. If they won't give me a discount I'm going through my credit union to treat them like criminals. I want that money back.

Edited by Mommar

I'm hoping more for a "no-frills" version. Just the fig, gun-pod, 1x Isamu pilot fig and FAST packs at 200 USD. Hell, they can even keep the FAST packs if it helps lower the price.

Talks about milking the mold, I want this paint scheme, just the gunpod, random pilot figure and no FAST pack is needed:

22.jpg

Edited by Swoosh

Yeah they used to pack in little yellow slips that basically said "oh so sorry"

I guess I don't really see what someone who lives in Japan is really going to be able to do about it?

They will help customers in Japan with replacement parts and the like, if you have a friend over there I would try to use them. HLJ is actually really good about it if you buy from there, and live outside of Japan.

Edited by Loop

Talks about milking the mold, I want this paint scheme, just the gunpod, random pilot figure and no FAST pack is needed:

22.jpg

Now that is a thing of beauty. I'd gladly buy this as a second YF-19 if Arcadia keeps the rerelease's price around 200 USD.