Arcadia YF-19 coming in 2014

SCOOPUDA!

Your story scares the crap out of me. I had a nightmare that I dropped mine and it broke lol.Keep up the pressure and warn all customers to all the stores to please check stock before shipping it out to customers. Get the stores to all work together to get a count of how many defective/damaged goods are floating around out there.If its a high number you will save a lot of pain in future by not putting these damaged ones up for sale in your stores and it will save the stores' reputation/s.Please don't "stay calm". You were ripped off plain and simple. Get the word out, go to forums that have collectors on them who into science fiction and anime, and ask others if they have had experiences like yours. Share information. form a group (more people = more power) that investigates it and email bomb the crap out of the sellers who sell damaged crap. Yes you might only be a small number out of hundreds of happy people but that's not the point. You want something done. If nothing is done you got to damage that seller in some way or the manufacturer (for failing to quality test) for not doing a good enough job. Standards must be raised. Saying "oh well nothing I can do" ...is not going to make you happy.Maybe what I would suggest is buy another one from HLJ.com, (!!! I know they are expensive but hear me out first) put the non-broken one from HLJ.com in your house. Put the broken one in the box that HLJ.com sent and complain to HLJ.com that yours was sent damaged ( I know you are lying :p ) and ask them: "can I please get a refund or exchange it for 'store credit' to buy something else from your store?"I know I know it's evil and it makes you into a bad man. Because it puts a burden on a good shop, but it might be a way to solve the problem dude.1. buy one from hlj.com (that isn't damaged - you might get unlucky twice lol)2. take the good yf-19 out of the box and put the busted yf-19 into the hlj.com box3. send box back to hlj.com and tell them it arrived broken ad get refund.4. pray this plan works so you don't have to deal with this crap in future.5. Keep in touch with us in the boards so we know whether you succeed. If you get ripped off it is your duty to tell the story so future events like that can be avoided. These are so expensive!If you use the above plan and you get a non-broken yf-19 and refund you will be happy. If it doesn't work, please don't track me down to kill me ok? :p I am just trying to help.

Please don't do this. You're just punishing a store that has nothing to do with your bad situation. Plus you'd be a huge piece of shi*t.

Edited by xrentonx

Transforming the fighter takes some fidgeting. The mid-thigh joint needs to bend one click, and the lower leg slides need to adjust from full aft inward towards the knee just a little for the wing mount pegs to line up with the slots in the leg armor. I messed with it for about 30 minutes to finally get it all lined up. The final result, at least on my copy, is a fragile but beautiful beast. But I fear it'll all fall apart lest a single mote of dust land on it.

I got my box from HLJ, my YF-19 is perfect, it definitely feels a little more breaky then the VF-19's. But before I could finish posting this, my VF-19S I just bought from HLJ had both hands explode, and the hip joint is looser then a crackwhore.

Yamato'd one way or another! lol

Maybe what I would suggest is buy another one from HLJ.com, (!!! I know they are expensive but hear me out first) put the non-broken one from HLJ.com in your house. Put the broken one in the box that HLJ.com sent and complain to HLJ.com that yours was sent damaged ( I know you are lying :p ) and ask them: "can I please get a refund or exchange it for 'store credit' to buy something else from your store?"

I know I know it's evil and it makes you into a bad man. Because it puts a burden on a good shop, but it might be a way to solve the problem dude.

1. buy one from hlj.com (that isn't damaged - you might get unlucky twice lol)
2. take the good yf-19 out of the box and put the busted yf-19 into the hlj.com box
3. send box back to hlj.com and tell them it arrived broken ad get refund.
4. pray this plan works so you don't have to deal with this crap in future.
5. Keep in touch with us in the boards so we know whether you succeed. If you get ripped off it is your duty to tell the story so future events like that can be avoided. These are so expensive!

If you use the above plan and you get a non-broken yf-19 and refund you will be happy. If it doesn't work, please don't track me down to kill me ok? :p I am just trying to help.

You should be banned for even mentioning committing international fraud.

I got my box from HLJ, my YF-19 is perfect, it definitely feels a little more breaky then the VF-19's. But before I could finish posting this, my VF-19S I just bought from HLJ had both hands explode, and the hip joint is looser then a crackwhore.

Both hands explode????

Please don't do this. You're just punishing a store that has nothing to do with your bad situation. Plus you'd be a huge piece of shi*t.

But if it works he can make up for it by buying more stuff from the good store in future. Look at it as a long term relationship. It has ups and downs. You can make up for bad behavior by doing good and the victim you did bad by can forgive you. I am a christian. We are taught not to judge others. That's God's job. So that's how I would deal with it if I were in his position of being ripped off by uncaring business.

If it happened to you and you were screwed over with no help from the seller to remedy a problem (that was their fault) you'd probably do it too. If not. Then you are a much better person than me. :) But you must be unhappy person for having to shoulder the burden. This guy doesn't sound rich and if it had happened to someone really wealthy I wouldn't care, but not everyone can just shrug aside $300 as if it were nothing.

Please don't judge. Let him decide.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Come on, man. I realize you are joking a little but fraud like that is NOT acceptable behavior!

Any moral high ground you think you may have does not excuse this. You want these companies to have less draconian policies then you start by NOT committing fraud.

They should go through the normal legal channels of getting their money back by taking it up with the original store and their banks/credit card companies.

Edited by xrentonx

I got mine today. Bought it from HLJ. Arrived in great shape. I put the old Yamato 1/60 next to it and transformed them both trying to see the differences. The Arcadia looks better in all modes. I also noticed how flimsy the Yamato feels. I'll be selling the Yamato soon I think. There's a better version, and I don't see the point in having 2.

As far as other things about the Arcadia:

I did have trouble with getting the legs extended (took a lot of pressure). I was not able to get the leg fastpack parts on securely in fighter mode. I will try the suggestion above from M'kyuun.

One wing was loose at the main pivot. I was able to tighten it with a screwdriver.

I actually dropped it about 2 feet onto the ground. Pieces went everywhere, but the only sign of damage was one wing looks like it has a slight stress mark. Not that noticeable though. I did get pretty worried for a second!

Guest davidwhangchoi

One wing was loose at the main pivot. I was able to tighten it with a screwdriver.

can you show a photo of where the main pivot and screw is?

Both hands explode????

Yep, I tried to put the gun pod in the hand, and the mounting point in the arm split and shot out.

Then I tried the other arm, and the hand and half of the attachment point pulled out. the back piece fell

and took 20 minutes to find on the floor. The right hip joint as just enough tightness to hold it up in battroid.

Unless I turn on the fan.. lol

You should be banned for even mentioning committing international fraud.

We all should be banned for buying and supporting companies that sell damaged items and don't compensate people for it. Don't be a douche.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Sure does feel like the honeymoon for this one ended quickly.

-b.

i think he means the VF-19S

He's not being a douche though. He's right and this talk of fraud should not be acceptable at Macrossworld. I suggest you let go of this and not continue the topic.

Come on, man. I realize you are joking a little but fraud like that is NOT acceptable behavior!

Any moral high ground you think you may have does not excuse this. You want these companies to have less draconian policies then you start by NOT committing fraud.

They should go through the normal legal channels of getting their money back by taking it up with the original store and their banks/credit card companies.

But I'm not a legalist like pharisees in ancient biblical times. I believe in justice (natural law) not some crappy man-made laws that have loopholes in them to allow the law-giver to exploit others. The guy was ripped off by arcadia. The company that sold the item won't even lift a finger. So the solution (I'm not saying it's good behavior - just offering my advice) is bend the rules like these companies do.

You don't know what it is like to be ripped off so why should the little guy listen to people who are not going through the pain? Like I said I am not condoning the illegal behavior, just telling him it would be good as a last resort. (ie if graham can't help him) He doesn't have to take the advice, but it might be a way to solve his problem if all else fails. And if it works this one time he can at least become happy :p I never said I was a saint ok? You can lecture me via PM. This isn't the place for that. You are not our nannies. We already know the difference between good or bad thank you very much.

i think he means the VF-19S

Got it, I was talking about how this thread has evolved over the last few pages.

Broken parts, loose parts, glued parts, people trying to help, people not trying to help, etc.

Just seems like the normal initial excitement over a big release died out or is being drowned out and the love is long gone.

-b.

The love isn't gone. It's just diluted.

The YF should have been superior in quality to the VF, but in my case, the opposite is true. Still, it's a damned cool toy. No regrets.

Edited by M'Kyuun

The love isn't gone. It's just diluted.

The YF should have been superior in quality to the VF, but in my case, the opposite is true. Still, it's a damned cool toy. No regrets.

It's definitely diluted right now. I'll hopefully have more to contribute once my 19 gets here...hopefully tomorrow or Saturday!

Edited by xrentonx

Ripping off a different company is not justice :angry:

I didn't say that. I said I believe in justice not legalistic arguments.

Legality has nothing to do with right or wrong. (and anyway I agree that it is illegal to do that swap trick)

I didn't say him obtaining a fix from hlj.com and burdening them was good behavior. I said it would solve his problem. The poor guy is sobbing, don't you care about his pain?

HLJ can get the compensation from arcadia and use their weight as a business to do something about defective toys. At some point it would have happened to them where they got bad stock from arcadia and needed to remedy it anyway.

If Mommar bought it from HLJ and it had a cracked wing, then that is the path he would have usually taken anyway. (complaining about a busted toy and asking for replacement) He just got unlucky ok? That's how I look at it. You are not going to change my opinion on this. If you don't agree with me that's ok. I'm not saying you have to. Just don't judge people who had to go through suffering because you don't know what it is like.

Honeslty I love this thing.. but.. I'm not as thrilled as the last major release.. the VF-4. This thing just FEELS brittle. Also, I noticed while transforming it (I've transformed the 19's too may times to count.

The plastic seems to be extremely pliable, in a bad way. Both wing connection points have small marks where they require the force to move.

The VF-19's plastic didn't do that. The wings, oh my god the wings, they are simply terrifying. I'm afraid to look at the them wrong.

and last, my rear stabilizers are loose, all the joints on them are loose. On top of that, they don't appear to lay flat.

still in the end, just seeing it sitting there, it's perfection. it looks so tough I think It might beat the crap out of me when I'm not looking.

To be honest, I barely know them. I empathize sure. I hope they resolve it by contacting their credit card companies for a chargeback if Amiami doesn't make it right. Doesn't change the fact that your "justice" doesn't make any sense to me though.

Edited by xrentonx

xrentox, hope yours comes problem free. Mine came in excellent shape.

I've transformed mine from fighter to battroid and back to fighter, with and without packs. Currently it has the packs on, but I think I'll be removing and boxing them for the interim future. Already, my ankle ball joints are starting to feel loose, as well as the wing swing bars. I really could have lived without the high speed feature, and all it does, IMO, is introduce one more point of weakness into the toy. While I've never had an issue with my VF-19's ankle ball joints, my YF's are already starting to weaken. It was a known weak area on the VF, and really should have been corrected with some improved engineering. My aft stabs don't lay flat, either, and I'm afraid to push them too much, as they feel like they'd break if I did so. I also wonder why they made the leg lock tabs so small... I needed to use a mechanical pencil to push them in. I can press them in with a finger on my Blazer.

My overall impression is that both quality and engineering took a step back from Yamato's VF-19 series.

Edited by M'Kyuun

I didn't say that. I said I believe in justice not legalistic arguments.

Legality has nothing to do with right or wrong. (and anyway I agree that it is illegal to do that swap trick)

I didn't say him obtaining a fix from hlj.com and burdening them was good behavior. I said it would solve his problem. The poor guy is sobbing, don't you care about his pain?

HLJ can get the compensation from arcadia and use their weight as a business to do something about defective toys. At some point it would have happened to them where they got bad stock from arcadia and needed to remedy it anyway.

If Mommar bought it from HLJ and it had a cracked wing, then that is the path he would have usually taken anyway. (complaining about a busted toy and asking for replacement) He just got unlucky ok? That's how I look at it. You are not going to change my opinion on this. If you don't agree with me that's ok. I'm not saying you have to. Just don't judge people who had to go through suffering because you don't know what it is like

Wait...I didn't judge them on ANYTHING here! I'm judging what you suggested them to do.

Man...did I just walk into some alternate universe or something? :lol:

All I'm saying is don't involve HLJ in this. This should be between Amiami, Arcadia, Paypal, Credit Card Company/Banks and their customers. HLJ has nothing to do with their situation right now. That should be easy to understand, I hope.

Edited by xrentonx

Yeah, I would not fake a broken item with HLJ. They didn't sell me anything faulty or jerk me around. I would be sorely tempted to not return the faulty item, or keep some of the additional missiles, etc... if I did get the refund from Amiami and had to return the Valk, but even then that's just vindictiveness and isn't right either. If I had a decent YF-19 I would, however, create a review/transformation video and heavily highlight what a horrible company Amiami is and hopefully other people would hear it and avoid them. As a matter of fact, I highly encourage anyone here who might make a video or post in other forums to go ahead and mention what pricks they are.

Edited by Mommar

Yeah, I would not fake a broken item with HLJ. They didn't sell me anything faulty or jerk me around. I would be sorely tempted to not return the faulty item, or keep some of the additional missiles, etc... if I did get the refund from Amiami and had to return the Valk, but even then that's just vindictiveness and isn't right either. If I had a decent YF-19 I would, however, create a review/transformation video and heavily highlight what a horrible company Amiami is and hopefully other people would hear it and avoid them. As a matter of fact, I highly encourage anyone here who might make a video or post in other forums to go ahead and mention what pricks they are.

Have you tried sending them a reply asking for a more respectful refund, or you'll contact you credit card company?

Obviously, who gives a crap if they ban you, the difference in discount from HLJ doesn't pay when this happens.

I dunno, if try some intimidation in email.

Wait...I didn't judge them on ANYTHING here! I'm judging what you suggested them to do.

Man...did I just walk into some alternate universe or something? :lol:

All I'm saying is don't involve HLJ in this. This should be between Amiami, Arcadia, Paypal, Credit Card Company/Banks and their customers. HLJ has nothing to do with their situation right now. That should be easy to understand, I hope.

Aaannnnd ........if the problem is not solved by those??..... Then go with my plan. That's what the original post suggest. As a last resort. You went into a huge argument about why HLJ has nothing to do with his problem and blah blah blah as if I wasn't aware that HLJ had nothing to do with his problem. lol

I KNOW HLJ is not responsible. You are arguing against a strawman copy of me and attacking a strawman.

I'll say it again:

I agree that HLJ is not supposed to be involved with this.

I agree that they shouldn't be involved.

I am saying if I were him that's what I would do. I never mentioned that HLJ is bound to rescue him or that fraud is right and that it's good behavior. I said it might solve his problem. You disagree with me that he should do the plan, and that is fine. I accept that you disagree. That is all. It was a suggestion of what he could do if he chooses to after all other options failed. If you get a dodgy item from a store most stores will take good care of you. He wasn't taken good care of. They bent the rules so that he can't obtain protection so in my book bending the rules to get it in an indirect way (although dishonest) can solve it. (I use the pharisees as example because they were experts in knowing law in ancient time but didn't obey their own laws and instead just use it to trap everyone else but themselves in its restrictions)

You know that scene in The Dark Knight where the chinese guy is chased by batman to all the way to hong kong and impisoed for crimes back in gotham city all because the cops can't obtain the criminals outside the country and can only enforce laws of their own area? That's what we need in the real world. :p Real justice is not about man-made laws and what is 'legal' in your country or what your government says is right or wrong. Different people of different nations have different ideas about what is good or bad. But crime is crime. Despite Arcadia not having to compensate him because he is not living in the country it is sold in, because of some legal technicality, he was still ripped off (according to natural law) and that all there is to it.

Just a quick update:

"

Hi.

Thank you for mailing us.

We are sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with our offers. Please understand that the item, as with most items at our store, was sold discounted for under retail price. We pride ourselves in our competitive prices. Unfortunately our low prices restrict the resolutions we can offer when manufacturer defects such as these arise however.

Thank you for shopping at AmiAmi.

AmiAmi"

F**k you sideways you pricks. Like their choice of how to price items means squat to me. What a bunch of crooks.

Edited by Mommar

Aaannnnd ........if the problem is not solved by those??..... Then go with my plan. That's what the original post suggest. As a last resort. You went into a huge argument about why HLJ has nothing to do with his problem and blah blah blah as if I wasn't aware that HLJ had nothing to do with his problem. lol

I KNOW HLJ is not responsible. You are arguing against a strawman copy of me and attacking a strawman.

I'll say it again:

I agree that HLJ is not supposed to be involved with this.

I agree that they shouldn't be involved.

I am saying if I were him that's what I would do. I never mentioned that HLJ is bound to rescue him or that fraud is right and that it's good behavior. I said it might solve his problem. You disagree with me that he should do the plan, and that is fine. I accept that you disagree. That is all. It was a suggestion of what he could do if he chooses to after all other options failed. If you get a dodgy item from a store most stores will take good care of you. He wasn't taken good care of. They bent the rules so that he can't obtain protection so in my book bending the rules to get it in an indirect way (although dishonest) can solve it. (I use the pharisees as example because they were experts in knowing law in ancient time but didn't obey their own laws and use it to trap everyone else but them in it)

Doesn't matter if it's a first resort or last...like you said...it's dishonest (i.e. fraud).

Edited by xrentonx

Wow, that's some seriously sh1tty customer service. I hope you're able to find a resolution, without resorting to dishonesty.

Think I'll stick to HLJ. They did right by me a few years back when I had an EVA figure come with 2 left knee pieces. I contacted HLJ, and received the right piece in the mail, at no cost.

Edited by M'Kyuun

On the other hand, look at the fraud these jerk-offs are trying to pull on me.

This is going to be resolved via paypal and/or my bank at this point. It's obvious the slime I'm dealing with here aren't going to budge.

Edited by Mommar

Man, reading all of these accounts, it almost sounds like people are getting two different versions of the same toy. Some are saying that the fit and finish are superior to the previous iteration, where others make it sound like they got YF-19's that came from a Taiwanese bootleg factory. Weird.

How does Paypal work for chargebacks anyway? Do you email them the responses you get from Amiami? Or do you have to deal with Amiami through a Paypal response form?