It might be just me, or just the way the style has changed in general..but I'm not going to be able to resist calling him Aramonkey. :p

I think it's the beady eyes they gave him. They just look a little too small to me... Or maybe they're just dwarfed by his forehead (in this case.. I'd almost bump it right past fivehead to sixhead :lol: ).

Not impressed by the music, but it's not terrible or anything. Yoko Kanno and ORIGA is just an incredibly hard act to follow.

Meh. Saito look horrid. Seems like all the characters have beady eyes, except for Batou, the Major and Togusa.

Music's so-so, but not nearly as good as Origa's "Rise", which would actually suit the theme of this anime a lot better.

Need to get a better look at the Fuchikoma (just guessing, since it's red like the original ones in the manga).

Is she applying chapstick or something? That clip seems a little out of place lol

Actually, I'm betting it's a reference to receiving her cybernetic body. If it's her first, she might be doing the whole "I can't feel my face" thing that happens at the dentist, because she's suddenly going to be missing a lot of natural nerve endings, and stuff will just feel weird.

On the other hand, if it's actually a depiction of receiving a military-grade body, the reverse could be happening, where she's suddenly amazed at how much she can feel.

I remember there being a few conversations during some episodes of SAC about how advanced The Major's body actually was in terms of sensory receptors. They were talking in terms of receptors per square inch, so I get the feeling (hah) that the basic bodies most people would be able to afford would be simplified a great deal to only deliver sensory input that was absolutely essential. Stuff like hands and feet would work, but secondary things like your face might take a back seat, and give only the bare minimum response.

I really don't like that theme song, nor do I like the changes to the characters, especially the major who looks juvenile now, at least in previous versions she looked more adult in her face. I'm just glad it's not as fan-servicy as some part of SAC were, but maybe that will come.

Not impressed by the music, but it's not terrible or anything. Yoko Kanno and ORIGA is just an incredibly hard act to follow.

Exactly. I actually thought that it fits the series concept quite well. I think its way too much to expect that the music could possibly top what Kanno did with GITS-SAC. I mean stuff songs like "Lithium Flower" or "Rise" doesn't get written everyday.

Anyone know what is the best tachikoma model? Is it the Revoltech? I think I remember seeing a version with a small Motoko that fits in the back. Not sure.

I don't know which is best, but there are two Tachikomas that include an in-scale Motoko figure (there may be more, IDK): one is a 1/18-ish die-cast and ABS piece by Good Smile Company with an articulated Kusanagi action figure, the other is an all ABS by Megahouse at 1/20 with a fixed pose (I think) in-cockpit figure of the Major. They're both long out of production and very pricey to acquire at this point, just check ebay to see what I mean. I have the Good Smile one and it is a magnificent piece, the only thing that keeps it from being a perfect masterpiece is that it tends to be somewhat floppy and hard to pose dinamically or to hold any even slightly "extreme" pose because of its weight and loose, even though they're detented, joints.

I don't know which is best, but there are two Tachikomas that include an in-scale Motoko figure (there may be more, IDK): one is a 1/18-ish die-cast and ABS piece by Good Smile Company with an articulated Kusanagi action figure, the other is an all ABS by Megahouse at 1/20 with a fixed pose (I think) in-cockpit figure of the Major. They're both long out of production and very pricey to acquire at this point, just check ebay to see what I mean. I have the Good Smile one and it is a magnificent piece, the only thing that keeps it from being a perfect masterpiece is that it tends to be somewhat floppy and hard to pose dinamically or to hold any even slightly "extreme" pose because of its weight and loose, even though they're detented, joints.

That Good Smile one is the one I remember. I was hoping the Motoko figure was more detailed. I'll just stick to the revoltech version. I'll try to find a cheap one. It has trick that makes it stick to walls. I have a few ideas.

Anyone know what is the best tachikoma model? Is it the Revoltech? I think I remember seeing a version with a small Motoko that fits in the back. Not sure.

what scale do you reckon are the new Revoltech Tachikomas?

No clue. They seem to be a good desktop size. Definitely bigger than the Happinet versions I was thinking about getting. Probably not as big as the ones that fit the Motoko figure. But not as dramatic as this Motoko and Tachikoma statue.

post-15104-0-22948000-1364954366_thumb.jpg

I did have a little Tachikoma icon image on my desktop but changed it to streamline things. I want some kind of Tachikoma to go with my Ghost in the Shell setup and computer stuff. I already have a Motoko desktop which I'll probably use forever. I use it for day and night and the image even has day and night versions! I just need a high resoluton version. Perhaps the 3D version one day.

Weren't you going to do a review on the Blu-ray box set of DYRL? I think I read your post on fandompost.

Some pics I took at the Anime Contents Expo yesterday:

attachicon.gifphoto (10).JPG

This Motoko sketch is beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah this is good news. Now for the show to be good and maybe an actual domestic release. We still never got the big Ghost in the Shell 2.0 box set. That is the version to own according to what I've been reading on other forums. I waited too long now it costs way too much. Still I'll get it eventually.

Another new trailer.

The movie can be watched from PlayStation®Store form Jun 22th, the day the screening starts.
Sorry, no information how to watch it from outside of Japan.
Well, filled with some complicated Japanese words... Many terminologies we are not used to.
Edited by antibiotictab

Well, filled with some complicated Japanese words... Many terminologies we are not used to.

Sounds about normal for Ghost In The Shell. Hopefully it's dialogue that actually make sense and works toward a plot (like GiST 1.5), and not pointlessly convoluted (like GiTS 2.0).

Sounds about normal for Ghost In The Shell. Hopefully it's dialogue that actually make sense and works toward a plot (like GiST 1.5), and not pointlessly convoluted (like GiTS 2.0).

Ah, I am not used to "Military-industrial complex." It scared me and I was a little upset. Because I have heard it is related to a certain taboo of the United States.
Oh sorry, if I said about it too much, some guys might come from Langley, Virginia to me, and I would be killed.