Ah, I am not used to "Military-industrial complex." It scared me and I was a little upset. Because I have heard it is related to a certain taboo of the United States.

Oh sorry, if I said about it too much, some guys might come from Langley, Virginia to me, and I would be killed.

Don't worry about using that term. It's used so much that most people when they hear it only think of politicians and lobby groups and are reminded of their frustrations with politicians and politics in general. ;)

Though, this does raise an interesting point: English (especially North American English) has a lot more military terminology in daily use than Japanese. Most who I meet don't even know the word Destroyer (the ship type) even in Japanese (and that's despite it being the largest ship type that the Maritime SDF can operate), let alone the differences between a revolver and an automatic pistol...

... so maybe this new GiTS series is aimed at the gun/military enthusiasts in Japan, like TNG Star Trek was aimed at engineers?

Sounds about normal for Ghost In The Shell. Hopefully it's dialogue that actually make sense and works toward a plot (like GiST 1.5), and not pointlessly convoluted (like GiTS 2.0).

By 1.5 and 2.0, did you mean the two Stand Alone Complex seasons or the Mamoru Oshii movies? Just curious is all.

I haven't read the second manga either. I heard it wasn't that good and too much fan service. I do have 1.5 on my list to read. The original Ghost in the Shell manga is great. But you have to get the older Dark Horse version as I understand the new version from another company is edited.

Edited by JetJockey

I want these shoes...

attachicon.gifIMG_1011.JPG

I need to see if Motoko or another character actually wears these in the anime and if the shoes look cool in real life. Maybe in a black color. I only wear Adidas but I'll wear Reebok if these are cool The drawing looks ok.

This kind of reminds me of the Nissan Sport Concept that was in Solid State Society. I wanted that car and they never released it. And I don't usually like those small hatchback cars either.

Additional - I searched for more images of these shoes and it's not the first time Reebok made Ghost in the Shell shoes. They made similar Tachikoma shoes in blue. They look kind of gimmicky and unless these Arise versions are better I don't think I'll get them.

Edited by JetJockey

This kind of reminds me of the Nissan Sport Concept that was in Solid State Society. I wanted that car and they never released it. And I don't usually like those small hatchback cars either.

How about Batou's car?
GITS-Vehicles_clip_image002_0000.jpg
It looks like Lancia Stratos much.
e0018041_1355255.jpg

Actually if I remember right some of those scenes (particularly the lesbo boat scene) didn't actually happen and weren't real. It was just Batou's interpretation. There was even a paragraph explaining the situation IIRC, at least there was for that scene anyway.

These lesbo boat scenes I keep reading about. What series are they in? I swore I saw all of the GITS stuff but I dont remember that.

How about Batou's car?
GITS-Vehicles_clip_image002_0000.jpg
It looks like Lancia Stratos much.
e0018041_1355255.jpg

I can't remember now, but I think there is a reason that Batou can drive that car. I don't know if it's explained in the manga or show. I know he comes across a bunch of expensive cars in that one episode where the assassin is killing people with coins.

I just like the Nissan as a small sort of city car.

post-15104-0-92736700-1369753234_thumb.jpg

post-15104-0-62727100-1369753240_thumb.jpg

^ It is. He also drove a Ford GT in GiTS SSS.

Motoko has a Ferrari too.

These lesbo boat scenes I keep reading about. What series are they in? I swore I saw all of the GITS stuff but I dont remember that.

It's in the manga. I believe it's cut in the new version and perhaps even the first U.S. version. I'm pretty sure it's in Intron Depot.

They're in the uncensored 2nd edition of the Ghost in the Shell manga which was released in 2004 by Dark Horse. The previous release of the manga had removed those scenes in order to avoid having a "Mature Readers" only tag which was feared would discourage sales. I'm pretty sure that Kodansha's new release doesn't have that scene either.

When I read the name Tsumugi, my mind conjured an image of a blonde Japanese schoolgirl with bushy eyebrows playing the keyboard...until I noticed the katakana next to the picture of that...thing.

Edited by GU-11

When I read the name Tsumugi, my mind conjured an image of a blonde Japanese schoolgirl with bushy eyebrows playing the keyboard...until I noticed the katakana next to the picture of that...thing.

Hahaha, Tsumugi Kotobuki a.k.a Mugi-chan. :lol:

Well, every time I read the Basara guitar thread, I think if one of their friends were Mugi-chan, they could buy the guitars much cheaper at the musical instrument shop. B))

In theory if Microsoft actually changed the Surface/Windows OS interface and design to match the in anime appearance. That would be cool and I would get one. But I know they won't. And this is simply a look what they are using type of tie in.

Edited by JetJockey

There's a new book out on GitS:SAC:

"Attack Shell Riot Police (AKA GitS) Stand Alone Complex Visual Profiling"

攻殻機動隊 STAND ALONE COMPLEX ビジュアル・プロファイリング

http://www.amazon.co.jp/攻殻機動隊-STAND-ALONE-COMPLEX-ビジュアル・プロファイリング/dp/4800212278/ref=sr_1_10?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1371051088&sr=1-10&keywords=攻殻機動隊

Anyone know anything about it?

EDIT: the only internal image I've found for it is here: http://www.1999.co.jp/10230635

Edited by sketchley

Production I.G really likes helicopters...

You say that like its a bad thing!!!

What is the Black box Is she the victim of cyber hacking? Sounds interesting its looking like she is the one section-9 is fighting/pursuing/investigating.

You say that like its a bad thing!!!

?????

BTW, all episodes of S.A.C. 2nd GIG are watchable on Youtube until 28th, July (JST). OFFICIALLY.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GITSchannel

I don't know if they were watchable outside of Japan because are supported by Bandai channel.

Edited by antibiotictab

?????

BTW, all episodes of S.A.C. 2nd GIG are watchable on Youtube until 28th, July (JST). OFFICIALLY.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GITSchannel

I don't know if they were watchable outside of Japan because are supported by Bandai channel.

I was reading a Article from CNN and I did not know that the slums in the last few episodes of the second gig were the refugees were living was a actual place near Nagasaki was a old coal mine.

The Major might look a bit younger, but everything one expects from a GITS production looks to be there. I'm really looking forward to this.

I'm not really feeling this new show. It's only 8 or so minutes. But the original SAC and 2nd Gig and even Solid State Society had me hooked on the first few minutes. The younger Motoko is odd. I'm not sure of the time line on this but there was that Poker Face episode in 2nd Gig I think with Saito. This seems even way before that episode. And the new OP is really boring.

Do they ever talk about how the Major had to get a prosthetic body in the books/manga in the second Gig they hint that she was in a air plane crash?

It wasn't just hinted. In the 2nd Gig anime, it was shown that she was involved in a plane crash as a kid, and was one of only two survivors, the other one being Hideo Kuze.

I haven't read the manga yet, but from what I've heard, the manga did not touch on her origins. The plane crash story was probably an original idea from the 2nd Gig anime only.

Looks like this series has inspired the release of a kit from previous series'

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=139270

Nice!!

Organic did make a finished version of the EX HAW206 tank a few years back, but they were hard to find.

3079749900_d19b7d4cb6_o.jpg

Some more pictures: http://www.toybotstudios.com/2008/12/gits-sac-solid-state-society-scorpion.html

Edited by LOW_ALT