I liked Arise, but I prefer the SAC version of how she met her team members, and their respective personalities. I'm not familiar with the manga at all, so which was closer to the source?

What's with Saito always sleeping? :lol:

As for figures, Arise is current, so it's not surprising that it's the focus of figure and model companies. Classic GiTS and SAC still have a strong following among fans, and eventually once Arise has run its course and fervor dies down, my feeling is that they'll return to making original GiTS and SAC stuff.

I haven't read the manga in a while. I have 1.5 and the manga sitting in my read stack after a few other artbooks and comics. All the shows take bits and pieces from the manga. I've seen all of them except for the latest movie. And from what I've seen SAC is closest to the feel of the manga. At least it was compared to the movies. Many compare the Ghost in the Shell movie and Innocence to Blade Runner. I still don't get why they made Arise. SAC was very good and they followed it up with something that's lesser in just about every way.

I still believe they will release a movie Motoko figure. There were a bunch of items released for the recent anniversary. A figure is probably in the works, we just don't know about it yet.

Hot. She'll be a good seller and expensive when she sells out.