Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

Ok, so I rewatched again the video from antibiotictab with fresh-rested eyes. Just to confirm, heck, to convince myself if the Battroid Support Parts is necessarily to use or just an added option part, well, to pretty hold everything in place. OR worst if it's just a late-added part or an afterthought when they noticed that the nosecone will not hold in place. :mellow:

And here's what I've noticed:

post-5552-0-82117800-1404700437_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-48103400-1404700450_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-56429300-1404700460_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-73891200-1404700469_thumb.jpgpost-5552-0-81115400-1404700476_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-86114100-1404700483_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-89980100-1404700533_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-18587900-1404700544_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-28740300-1404700550_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-64203000-1404700557_thumb.jpg post-5552-0-99707800-1404700562_thumb.jpg

After seeing it and thinking about it, I'm still glad that Bandai did something before the product is released. Even if this is an afterthought or late-added option, I'm still glad they did even if it's kinda let down. Since I'm paying for an expensive toy, I just want it to be perfect, but hey, as life have thought me... there's nothing perfect in this world. ^_^

By the way, I'm still looking forward to see what kind of Option Parts they will offer soon. :rolleyes:

Ok, so I rewatched again the video from antibiotictab with fresh-rested eyes. Just to confirm, heck, to convince myself if the Battroid Support Parts is necessarily to use or just an added option part, well, to pretty hold everything in place. OR worst if it's just a late-added part or an afterthought when they noticed that the nosecone will not hold in place. :mellow:

attachicon.gifnosecone_snapshot_01.jpg attachicon.gifnosecone_snapshot_02.jpg attachicon.gifnosecone_snapshot_03.jpg attachicon.gifnosecone_snapshot_04.jpgattachicon.gifnosecone_snapshot_05.jpg attachicon.gifnosecone_snapshot_06.jpg attachicon.gifnosecone_snapshot_07.jpg attachicon.gifnosecone_snapshot_08.jpg attachicon.gifnosecone_snapshot_09.jpg attachicon.gifnosecone_snapshot_10.jpg attachicon.gifnosecone_snapshot_11.jpg

After seeing it and thinking about it, I'm still glad that Bandai did something before the product is released. Even if this is an afterthought or late-added option, I'm still glad they did even if it's kinda let down. Since I'm paying for an expensive toy, I just want it to be perfect, but hey, as life have thought me... there's nothing perfect in this world. ^_^

By the way, I'm still looking forward to see what kind of Option Parts they will offer soon. :rolleyes:

Thank you no3ljm for the video analysis. That note on the support part being black on the last image, is that what was said in the video?

As for the supports, I am ok with the support pieces. Its not optimal but I am glad Bandai did something about it before release.

Edited by Saburo

Thank you no3ljm for the video analysis. That note on the support part being black on the last image, is that what was said in the video?

As for the supports, I am ok with the support pieces. Its not optimal but I am glad Bandai did something about it before release.

Nah. Sorry about that, Saburo. I'm just throwing a sarcastic remark on them for the final 'black' support parts since what they've shown on the instruction video was purple-colored ones. Hahaha! :lol:

I guess, from what you've read and thinking that it WAS from them, it shows that we've been FOOLED again by Bandai. Hahaha! :lol:

By the way, you're welcome. ^_^

Glad I'm only buying this for the fighter mode. ^_^

Sure you're not gonna transform it not even once for your amusement esp since it has a different transformation sequence? :rolleyes:

Edited by no3ljm

Nah. Sorry about that, Saburo. I'm just throwing a sarcastic remark on them for the final 'black' support parts since what they've shown on the instruction video was purple-colored ones. Hahaha! :lol:

I guess, from what you've read and thinking that it WAS from them, it shows that we've been FOOLED again by Bandai. Hahaha! :lol:

By the way, you're welcome. ^_^

Sure you're not gonna transform it not even once for your amusement esp since it has a different transformation sequence? :rolleyes:

Haha, thanks for the clarification. I am just being hopeful the pieces will be molded in black. If does come in molded in gun pod purple, I will have to paint them black.

Every time I do that to a bandai valk that I've decided not to transform? The parts go all explodey, and I'm left with a pile of debris (I'm looking at you, VF-171CF..)

*snip*

Very interesting, thanks for sharing the breakdown.

Not really rage-worthy but definitely in the realm of "par for the course" with Bandai.

-b.

Glad I'm only buying this for the fighter mode. ^_^

SAME HERE!

The 171CF was just junk. Be interested to see if the Luca is as high quality haha

I certainly hope so, but then again, my CF is always staying in its fighter mode as well, just transformed it once I first got it to see and now its back in its default mode (I can see stress/cracks, but still everything is intact. Funny, there were absolutely no stress/cracks after I transformed it the first time (even though I was specifically looking for them, they developed on their own after sitting in my glass display case motion-less). Luca will stay in its fighter mode as well, I do love that blade hanging down like Yukikaze.

The 171CF was just junk. Be interested to see if the Luca is as high quality haha

THe 171's werent' junk, they are great when they worked as intended like the early Yammy VF-1's V2's or the VF-0's.

14410532568_83d2e64fa8_o.jpg

14595212714_4901578c29_o.jpg

14597137395_3d90e8d514_o.jpg

Edited by Duymon

THe 171's werent' junk, they are great when they worked as intended like the early Yammy VF-1's V2's or the VF-0's.

*snip*

Well to be fair, some of those were junk too. :p

But that said, if your 171's are holding up then that means there's some hope that not all of them are going to have disintegrating parts.

-b.

Am I the only one not at all bothered by having to add the brace to battroid mode? I display my valks in a glass case, brace or no brace really makes no difference to me.

Actually I'm not. But in all honesty, I'm somehow disappointed. Seeing those promotional pictures at first from months ago, you can tell that it's a cool-looking Battroid figure. Only to find out a month prior of its release date they will show that 'hey, by the way, you also need to put this support bracket as well.' So from that illusion, it kinda destroyed the concept of how good or cool-looking the Battroid was from the promo pix. Yes, using it will help a lot. BUT wouldn't be nice if they already show that at first so everyone has ideas somehow how the Battroid WILL really look like after we purchased it. What bothers me the most is Bandai should have learned a thing or two from Yamato. Bandai somehow already copied the transformation sequence on the VF-19 Hi-Metal, why they couldn't copy how Yamato's VF-4G nosecone and cockpit block locks together? I'm sure a folding white joint peg under the nosecone is possible but I'm not sure why they just ignored it. :unsure:

I remember this was promoted like it's a new 'simplified-transformation' sequence. But never announced that there will be a supporting add-on part. It's really is a mixed feeling from other members since some members here wants something perfect in transformation with no removing big or swapping important parts. And some is just content on what they're going to get. Count me as one of the latter. I'm still glad that they did add that thing to support it. But disappointed since I was fooled again by their marketing strategy. This time I really wish that the support bracket part will not look out of place or out of design when it placed on the Battroid. I don't want to see some plastic bar that looks like just a normal display stand adaptors. If it's going to add some added designs to the side of the Battroid, then I'm going to be happy. ;)

I just remembered how everyone was so intense during the P.O. stages, and look where we are now... half-excited and half-dissapointed already. And the figure is NOT even released yet. Anyways, that's just my two cents. :lol:

I just remembered how everyone was so intense during the P.O. stages, and look where we are now... half-excited and half-dissapointed already. And the figure is NOT even released yet. :lol:

I think that this is pretty much business as usual on MacrossWorld ;)

To me the battroid bracket is no different from the fast pack brackets on the v2 vf-1's. Those drive me totally nuts as they kill the fighter and gerwalk side profiles

Thank you. I still don't know why they did that, the 1/48 had METAL attachment points---they were stiff and secure in my experience. And nigh-invisible! It's the only place where the v2 1/60 is worse than the 1/48.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing the breakdown.

Not really rage-worthy but definitely in the realm of "par for the course" with Bandai.

-b.

No problem. You're welcome. Just trying to figuring out too since besides the support part I'm also concern on the durability of the swiveling waist part so I'm curious on dissecting the video. :D

Thank you. I still don't know why they did that, the 1/48 had METAL attachment points---they were stiff and secure in my experience. And nigh-invisible! It's the only place where the v2 1/60 is worse than the 1/48.

I think the V2 fast-pack brackets were implemented to avoid the infamous 1/48 BP8 (backpack/tail hinge) breakage issue.

I think the V2 fast-pack brackets were implemented to avoid the infamous 1/48 BP8 (backpack/tail hinge) breakage issue.

I never had that issue and I had a lot of fast-packed 1/48 VF-1's back in the day. However, I always removed the FP's before and after transformation.

This
post-25-0-62989800-1404789416_thumb.jpg
Vs This
post-25-0-97545500-1404789421_thumb.jpg
It was a big step back for me which is why I didn't buy a 1/60 v2 until last year after I decided I really wanted a VF-1 to match my frontier valks.

To me the battroid bracket is no different from the fast pack brackets on the v2 vf-1's. Those drive me totally nuts as they kill the fighter and gerwalk side profiles

Except for the VF-1 it is an add-on, which is forgiveable given that it was to hold the Fast Packs on the VF-1. Does it look realistic? Nope, but at least it was only used for the Fast Packs.

For the YF-30, it seemingly is integral to hold it in Battroid mode.. or at least prevent the wang from flopping down

I'll admit, I never had a problem with the VF-1 fast pack bracket, because the 1/48 packs always scared the crap out of me that I was going to snap off the backpack.

Even in-universe though, the idea of that backpack hinge being so strong that it can just hold all that weight and thrust just feels wrong somehow. I know, overtechnology and everything, but it still looks like a really questionable way to mount something that heavy.

In-universe, I figure the hinge isn't the only thing holding the backpack on, that there's additional latches etc at the front and center of the backpack that plug into the fighter's "spine", when the transformation is complete.

Kind of like how the leg intake swing-bars are only for transformation, and aren't the main latch/joint holding things on.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i disagree... the vf-1 v.2 is perfect. in every way :p

the yf-30 is now a parts former an "attach-former" w/ that back brace.

Eh, when you consider that the legs are held on by a small shaft going through the nose, I guess the backpack is pretty beefy by comparison. :lol:

I guess I just like being able to pick up the VF-1s by their packs without worrying something will break. The 1/48 always felt dangerous to hold there, since the backpack was held down by that tiny hook in the backplate.

After some thought, this isn't a biggie for me since I'll have this in Fighter Mode anyway. The Battroid Mode did grow on me but I won't have space to display it that anyway...so back brace or not it won't make any difference.

I also see the pro's of added stability and con's of why the hell wasn't this designed to eliminate the need for a brace to begin with.

But oh well, such is life with regards to Macross collecting.

-b.

14410532568_83d2e64fa8_o.jpg

14595212714_4901578c29_o.jpg

14597137395_3d90e8d514_o.jpg

sheesh!! that's a lot of 171 love right there! the one of two Valks im most likely never gonna buy.. the 17 & 171.. but still great photos though! B))