Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

Not just weathered, it looks like it's been through a tour of duty. Says 10/18 in the box on the upper left, might that be a release date?

Too bad, they didn't include some 'Yuria' shells found in Ouroboros. ;) The area where you saw the 10/18, I believe that's part of the profile info on the modeller. I'm guessing since the word 'Ramen' is also included on the same box. :)

Um, not sure if you're joking or something, or genuinely don't know, so I'll tell you, but please don't think I'm patronizing you.

The 24 was the developmental prototype of many of the new technologies used in the next generation of variable fighters, such as the ICS, use of the EX-Gear, the brand-new FF-3001 thermonuclear engines, new materials, and so on. It was designed and built by Shinsei Industries on Earth I believe, and its flight test data and blueprints sent to Macross Frontier and Galaxy, where the data was used to help develop the VF-25 and -27, respectively. Of all the designs, the 25 was thought to have the most promise, based upon its flexibility in accommodating new mission roles and armor packs as its performance. The 27 was harder to build and not as flexible, and the YF-24 remained a prototype.

Hope that helps, and if I'm wrong, corrections are welcomed.

Nah, I don't know. I'm mostly an SDF guy. Haven't played the games or read a lot of the development other than what I know of Frontier.

I saw that on a site and I thought it looked a lot like the 30 here.

Edited by Gakken85

Datas found online for YF-24:

Macross Mecha Manual

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossf/yf-24.htm

Macross Compendium

http://macross.anime.net/wiki/YF-24

Macross New Horizon

http://www.macrossnewhorizon.org/mediawiki/index.php/YF-24

Reading those data makes you really wonder how they can provide something like this knowing that they're all fictional. I know they're basing on a real-life documents and specs but you really need to wonder that it's just a 'cartoon' but they're all giving efforts on creating background info/story on each mech and characters which some of us doesn't really care about. Because all we know when we see them is -- Oh, that's cool! They transform! How cool is that?! :lol:

That's the main reason I like Macross. Mr. Froating Head is an airplane nut and it shows in his designs. They are nicely drawn and the detail given in their "histories" is almost unbelievable. It's really cool.

Thanks Shukenzero! That looks awesome. Love the weathering effect. :)

Is this like a section in a magazine dedicated to Macross or DX? If so then my assumption is correct on that last photo on the left pertaining to the Paladin Prophecy. They will feature a custom tutorial on how to make your own Paladin using the recent released DX Prophecy as the base body. ;)

Thanks Shukenzero! That looks awesome. Love the weathering effect. :)

Is this like a section in a magazine dedicated to Macross or DX? If so then my assumption is correct on that last photo on the left pertaining to the Paladin Prophecy. They will feature a custom tutorial on how to make your own Paladin using the recent released DX Prophecy as the base body. ;)

Yeah every month in either Hobby Japan or Dengeki Hobby, there's a small section on Macross. I usually choose the one with more Mac goodness, but sometimes they both do features on different upcoming valks so it's hard to decide. This month was easy. Chronos hands down wins, especially weathered.

I guess I should have said... why does this look so much like a yf-30? haha

Also, been hittin the booze.

They're not exactly the same but you're right that they look very similar. If you cut out the engines on the Tornado packs you'll also notice from top-down the 25 looks like the 24 as well.

I hope a "S" type with low vis scheme :wub:

How many YF-29 releases are there? Alto, Alto reissue, 30th, Isamu, Ozma? Bandai knows how to wear down a mold. An S low viz would be sweet. Is there a reference for all of the alternate colors from macross 30 for the YF-30?

Edited by ChaoticYeti

How many YF-29 releases are there? Alto, Alto reissue, 30th, Isamu, Ozma? Bandai knows how to wear down a mold. An S low viz would be sweet. Is there a reference for all of the alternate colors from macross 30 for the YF-30?

Only four so far... Alto, 30th Anniversary, Isamu and Ozma. :p

And there are two or three more color schemes of the YF-30 not counting the one that gets released soon.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

The 30 has four alternate schemes. The first two are the same as the one release but with blue and green stripes a la Max and Kakizaki. The third is a black/grey color with purple that looks rather like a Transformer. The Fourth is a lot of Red with some black, in Battroid it looks like something Milia would pilot.

I wonder if Bandai has ever considered doing weathered versions of the main frontier Hero's as Tamashii exclusives.

I'd buy a Beat up 25S, and 25F. I'd even buy the 25F from the first encounter with Gilliam, and have a switch out broken glass
with a open helmet Alto and Ranka figure to save.

I really hope we get a 30' with an Ozma scheme, but really there's so many cool colors.

I also wouldn't mind either a low Viz, or just realistic aircraft grey color.

I wonder if Bandai has ever considered doing weathered versions of the main frontier Hero's as Tamashii exclusives.

I'd buy a Beat up 25S, and 25F. I'd even buy the 25F from the first encounter with Gilliam, and have a switch out broken glass

with a open helmet Alto and Ranka figure to save.

I really hope we get a 30' with an Ozma scheme, but really there's so many cool colors.

I also wouldn't mind either a low Viz, or just realistic aircraft grey color.

If they did, they would have to be in a matte finish as I can't see any weathering staying on a smooth, glossy surface like the Bandai valks have.

The problem with top coats is that I'm always afraid of them scratching when I'm transforming them - it does add a layer of fragility to the toy (either real or perceived).

Were there ever pictures without the nosecone brace in battroid, or was the transformation video the first time it was called out?

From what I remember, the transformation video is the first time that it was mentioned or was shown that you need it or you need to support it. But I remember this photo weeks before the video was posted. The Battroid mode shows the clip bracket already.

post-5552-0-07991600-1406583472_thumb.jpg

But so you know there's a lot of photos of the Chronos displayed somewhere circulating before that the clip bracket were not present:

post-5552-0-04410700-1406583764_thumb.jpg