IXTL

Well in space there is no gravity so a technician or the pilot might actually step on the underside of the wings when the do fixes in a weightless environment.

Far-fetched but in some crazy scenario still possible. On the other hand I doubt that the person who was in charge of the markings was having this thought when the tampo printing layout was made.

Well in space there is no gravity so a technician or the pilot might actually step on the underside of the wings when the do fixes in a weightless environment.

Far-fetched but in some crazy scenario still possible. On the other hand I doubt that the person who was in charge of the markings was having this thought when the tampo printing layout was made.

Yep, that makes sense. However, what is the technician going to do if they step there? Slip and fall? No gravity, remember. :)

Yep, that makes sense. However, what is the technician going to do if they step there? Slip and fall? No gravity, remember. :)

The No Step isn't entirely to keep someone from slipping but also to ensure the mechanism isn't damaged.

Given Bandai's history of not having a clue about so many things aircraft-related, I'm more than satisfied with the "they just didn't care" answer, but luckily for them the whole "they might be stored upside down" argument might actually be feasible. Given the crazy, multi-orientation launch decks of the carriers in Macross Frontier, it's easy to think they might pass through a variety of gravity directions on the way to launching.

Doesn't excuse all the other numbskulled decisions they've made though. <_<

Edited by Chronocidal

Well if their in a zero gravity environment you need some kind of magnetic boots so you don't fly out into the void. These mechanisms would clearly be a danger to any kind of sensitive technical equipment. So for me it makes perfect sense that in a scenario like this "No Step" signs on the underside of the wing have some kind of benefit. :)

In regards of Chronocidal point you can retcon anything into anything with enough imagination. The white Skull and Crossbones on the white YF-29 Anniversary might be to trick the enemy so they doesn't know that an ace pilot is flying the Valkyrie. So they underestimate the piloting skills and are being easily shot down. But because the markings are still their the pilot can feel like a bad ass because of it.

Edited by Scyla

The white Skull and Crossbones on the white YF-29 Anniversary might be to trick the enemy so they doesn't know that an ace pilot is flying the Valkyrie. So they underestimate the piloting skills and are being easily shot down. But because the markings are still their the pilot can feel like a bad ass because of it.

:lol:I thought the YF-29 was designed to fight the Vajra. I don't think they can differentiate (or even care) who the pilot is.

Edited by Reïvaj

Heh, true about the animation. Though if they were really being accurate to it, the "NO STEP" should be mirrored from using the same texture on both halves. :p

The white paint on a white background though.. I mean seriously. It's like a scenario out of the Hitchhiker's guide.

"'It's the wild colour scheme that freaks me out' said Ozma, whose love affair with the ship had lasted almost three minutes into the flight. 'Every time you try and operate these weird black controls that are labeled in black on a black background, a little black light lights up in black to let you know you've done it.'"

Edited by Chronocidal

I just want my damn CF so I can mount it and tell it I love it (not necessarily in that order.)

Oh damn, maybe I can score a 4-way when my 3 arrive :p

I should have waited to pay---could have gotten about 1.5% better exchange rate. :)

I just checked on this too, I paid a while back and they yen was at about 98 per dollar so I can't complain.

Paypal will rob you of a good amount of savings with their lousy exchange rate; however, even with that being taken into account, I still saved about 8-9 bucks compared to the original USD quote when I first placed my preorder, so I'm not going to complain.

I love how Paypal tries to "warn" you against using a different exchange rate (like your credit card's), not mentioning how theirs is consistently the worst option....

PS---MasterCard posts their exchange rate for every currency every day at their site.

Paypal will rob you of a good amount of savings with their lousy exchange rate; however, even with that being taken into account, I still saved about 8-9 bucks compared to the original USD quote when I first placed my preorder, so I'm not going to complain.

I paid when they sent the request. The trick is that I paid in USD. They reopened the pre-order before they requested payment, so I cancelled my other order and created a new one. I locked in the USD price when the USD-Yen ratio was good. I basically saved $100 and got Fed-Ex also. I avoided the transaction fees and the Paypal conversion fees. And if I am right the price was lower than the original pre-order I made on each unit.

*EDIT*

Yep, they were about $10.00 cheaper per unit which helped lower my total also. I don't know why the Fed-Ex option was the cheapest express option when I added them to the new order, it was cheaper than Registered Air and EMS.

Edited by Loop

Kurisama's Varja Control missiles came in from Shapeways. Fit was almost perfect, just removed the little round pegs in the middle since bandai's hardpoints don't need them and they were slightly too wide in diameter.

Now that I know shapeways is so nice I'm going to buy some underwing 1/60 hps and some high manuever missiles. Just wish Kurisama would also make the other Mac F missiles with yammy HPs so that I could start arming my VF-25's :D

post-25-0-73697100-1366831775_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-90677200-1366831786_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-78041100-1366831796_thumb.jpg

Well I knew this was going to happen sooner or later due to the vast number of macross toys I have collected over the years...A FRACKING MISSING PART!!!!! I know I probably shouldn't bitch but come on- when you spend $200 on a toy it should be pretty darn perfect IMO. Do you guys think I should contact NY to see if I can get a spare tire or should I check with the local hobby shops.

VF-171exmissingfronttire.jpg