IXTL

xrenton and loop have 3

a few others have +3,

lupin has 6

duymon has 6

anyone have nine to display 3 in each mode :D

wow, makes me envy all of you.

Actually I have 5. I let one of my CDJapan preorders go as 5 was enough...but since that gives Duymon the crown for largest 171CF Squadron maybe I should grab two more, lol.

Man, I'm so late in the game. Wish I could buy one from you guys. I just saw Nippon Yasan selling it for $171. Is that still a good deal?

I keep seeing this pop up on Mandarake, ranging from 15000 to 18000 yen. Mostly unused and probably due to damaged boxes only. You may wanna camp there as well.

But at that price, you might be better off with the NY stock

Man, I'm so late in the game. Wish I could buy one from you guys. I just saw Nippon Yasan selling it for $171. Is that still a good deal?

I think that's same as my pre-order price. (some of other guys might have paid a little less) check if you can pay in Japanese yen and save few $$.

My VF-171CF arrived finally. Fortunately no missing boob-lasers, cockpit support struts or other breakage.

One of the little filler piece on the underside of the shoulder was so tight that I was afraid of breaking if I'd pushed it further into the body of the Valkyrie. I unscrewed the part to check if anything was blocking the way but apparently the screw was screwed in with to much torque so that there was not enough clearance to push the part in smoothly.

Other then that I'm liking it so far. Also my first order from NY and everything went fine so I'm definitely ordering more stuff from them.

I think I've decided to sell my VF-171CF now, rather than wait and hope it becomes more valuable later in a few months----I mean, I sold my YF-21 like two weeks before Yamato went bankrupt, so why break the trend? :)

My two both arrived yesterday, one from NY and one from CD-Japan.

I only opened one last night when I got home and zoomed it around in fighter mode for a while. I didn't attempt a transformation as I was quite Fockered after a night out drinking with friends :p

Graham

post-11-0-71884900-1367970165_thumb.jpg

Check Amazon JP as I just bought a couple from one of the seller which is fulfilled by Amazon and came out cheaper than NY. However, you will need to use Tenso to ship it and mine came out cheaper probably due to buying 2. However, I paid 16,100 yen for one, and recently noticed some places selling cheaper, and yesterday Amazon JP itself had one for 14,200 yen but no longer available. Please note that some sellers will only accept Japan credit card. However, if fulfilled by Amazon JP, I believe the payment process goes through Amazon JP and should have no problem using a foreign CC.

FYI if you're still looking for one at a decent price, http://plamoya.com/en/dx-chogokin-macross-frontier-vf171-nightmare-plus-general-machin-p-70617.html'>Plamoya has em for 156, EMS is 32 so it'll be 188 shipped, which is better than NY (171 + 32 EMS or 19 SAL)

I too have noticed the small scratches people talk about on these suckers.

It sucks, but I use http://www.amazon.com/Squadron-Products-Sanding-Stick-Tri-Grit/dp/B000CDM4PY'>Squadron Tri-Grit Stick to polish out the small scratches for a super shiny finish. After that and panel lining I think I'm gonna need to get a coat of future on these bad boys to protect that smooth finish.

Just debating if I should just go glossy or if I should add some Tamiya Flat Base to the future to get more of a satin finish

*Edit: Sorry Guys, I seem to have just bought the last one at Plamoya for VF-171 # 7, couldn't pass up a decent deal on my favorite Mac F plane*

Edited by Duymon

Dude that sucks. The only thing I had was a tight ventral LERX flap (the black one that folds in under the superthin plastic strip when going to gerwalk / battroid) Had to get a tiny lil screwdriver to take it apart and lightly sand both sides so that it moved smoothly.

it's gonna be hard to repair that to full functionality. Minus well make that piece closed canopy only :(

Oh I fixed it. It broke where the canopy is glued to the column. I just glued it back. Works fine, but the column is still incredibly hard to pull up.

Some pics I took recently. Haven't done anything except touch up some paint scratches and add a little detail to the pilot and instrument panel. With that done, I plan on never opening the canopy again. :p

The lighting makes it look way greener than it really is.

post-5703-0-79920100-1367974460_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-84473100-1367974461_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-56019900-1367974462_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-32010300-1367974463_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-04424100-1367974464_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-33029100-1367974465_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-10453600-1367974466_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-82289000-1367974466_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-42077300-1367974467_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-16348800-1367974468_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-00148700-1367974469_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lolicon

Guest davidwhangchoi

Oh I fixed it. It broke where the canopy is glued to the column. I just glued it back. Works fine, but the column is still incredibly hard to pull up.

Some pics I took recently. Haven't done anything except touch up some paint scratches and add a little detail to the pilot and instrument panel. With that done, I plan on never opening the canopy again. :p

The lighting makes it look way greener than it really is.

looks good Lolicon,

and thanks for the PM this afternoon.

Yeah, my canopy was stupid tight but I managed to open it without snapping it through careful persistence. Was worried the whole time. That thing is staying closed as I'm not trying that again. :)

Edited by xrentonx

If you notice there are no pilots in my CF's in the pictures I posted, it's because I was like screw it and left it alone. Someone said they wanted to see them in a squad so that's why I snapped those pics. I won't have time for the dreaded transformation tonight, but will get to it sometime this week hopefully.

Props to NY for under-declaring the value on shown on the outside of the carton. They declared it as only EURO 10, which kept me out of trouble with my wife, as she was the one at home when the package arrived. :p

However, my other VF-171 arrive from CD-Japan at the same time with the full value decalared (US$157) and that got me in hot water with my wife ;(

Graham

My wife has yet to really give me any grief yet about my Valk collecting. I think I kinda felt a little reaction when I had all 3 of my mine opened up, but she just thought they were pretty LOL.

Now NY on sale at 16000 yen.

Please I don't want to know. I spent enough to buy a used crappy car in cash this year on Valkyries. Lol

My wife has yet to really give me any grief yet about my Valk collecting. I think I kinda felt a little reaction when I had all 3 of my mine opened up, but she just thought they were pretty LOL.

My wife has been understanding as well and very supportive. I have had a few girlfriends In the past who would get angry with me for buying toys. My wife and kid like my Valkyries.

Please I don't want to know. I spent enough to buy a used crappy car in cash this year on Valkyries. Lol

My wife has been understanding as well and very supportive. I have had a few girlfriends In the past who would get angry with me for buying toys. My wife and kid like my Valkyries.

My wife has actually watched every Macross with me. She is also very supporting, she understands that they truly make me happy. I could never be with a woman that hates my valks LOL.

Edited by Loop

My wife has actually watched every Macross with me. She is also very supporting, she understands that they truly make me happy. I could never be with a woman that hates my valks LOL.

That is very cool! My wife has watched it with me but my daughter likes it the most.

And btw I bought another one :):(:):( lol

I transformed mine from Fighter to Gewalk mode and no CG issues showed up. But I can understand why people don't like this walk. Those damn cockpit support strut oh I hate it so much. :lol:

After several WTF moments trying to get the chest into place it now sits peacefully in my cabinet pointing in anger at me *cough* I mean at the Vajra on the other side of the room.

I really dig it and I like the color but I wished it had the blueish hue like it had on the promotion pictures.

Edited by Scyla