IXTL

@ 24800 Yen they can keep it, I'm not forking over more than MSRP for this. If I'm lucky enough to hit Otacute at the right time when/if their preorder opens I may get one, otherwise I don't need to get magenta boy.

It seems that there were problems with my 23450 yen round, because I recieved an email telling me that I had cancelled the preorder, so I had to buy it again now but with the new price :angry: . Such a bad luck, but fortunately now there were no problems

@ 24800 Yen they can keep it, I'm not forking over more than MSRP for this. If I'm lucky enough to hit Otacute at the right time when/if their preorder opens I may get one, otherwise I don't need to get magenta boy.

If the YF-29 30th anniversary was available for only 2000 YEN over the RRP after release, i just cannot this being more difficult to acquire. But since i will pay a premium anyway, i might as well pay a bit more and go back to having a life... lol. But this is what most people thought i guess. Myself included.

Is this just the super parts for the VF-27Y? Or Renewal VF-27Y and super parts?

Neither. It's a V1.5 VF-27 with super parts. Or a V2 engineering Mac F valk by Bandai with extra parts. Take your pick. It changes the legs and the neck. Not sure if the nose has been sharpened though.

Neither. It's a V1.5 VF-27 with super parts. Or a V2 engineering Mac F valk by Bandai with extra parts. Take your pick. It changes the legs and the neck. Not sure if the nose has been sharpened though.

Side by side comparison of the two battroid suggests that almost everything on it has been changed.

If the YF-29 30th anniversary was available for only 2000 YEN over the RRP after release, i just cannot this being more difficult to acquire. But since i will pay a premium anyway, i might as well pay a bit more and go back to having a life... lol. But this is what most people thought i guess. Myself included.

The YF-29 was released 3 times by HLJ. First during the actual release, then a restock in December and the reissue 2 months back so that might explain why it's still easily available. Some people here speculated that the only reason they reissued it was because Bandai had more super parts than the actual toy itself. Don't think that'll be the case this time around since they're bundled as a set.

Just look at the YF-29 30th (10 units left at 20000 yen) and the VF-171 (28 units left at 16000 yen). Both were pre-ordered to high hell and just before release they dropped down to nearly retail at NY.

Edited by Duymon

Just look at the YF-29 30th (10 units left at 20000 yen) and the VF-171 (28 units left at 16000 yen). Both were pre-ordered to high hell and just before release they dropped down to nearly retail at NY.

The VF-171 is abundant in the local shops. As low as US$177.

Quite certain that many units of DX Macross are bought by scalpers.

YF-29 30th was pre-ordered up to 21,500 Yen then drop to 19,500 on sale and now to 20,000 Yen. VF-171 was pre-ordered up to 17,000. Now on sale at 16,000. Not to say really drop a lot from the pre order. Will be interesting to see how the VF-25F goes when it gets released as Alto and Ozma the most popular and may not be as easy to find when released. NY had to drop the price due to them having too much stock and it's readily available in Japan at the moment. Eventually the price will go back up just like the VF-25G which NY drop at one stage as well. The VF-171 is widely available at Amazon JP and at lower price. Only issue is that you need to use a forwarding agent. Will be interesting to see whether Amazon JP will have stock on the Alto when released.

I'm just glad to have any of the valks, as in a way, you're paying for time spent having the item. Even if you pay a slightly higher premium, the energy and time spent will have been more than worth it if the hike wasn't too great. Looking at things a different way, we're all just borrowing these things. We never really get to keep them. Enjoy them while they last :D

As long as you're not hacking someone to death over it :p

YF-29 30th was pre-ordered up to 21,500 Yen then drop to 19,500 on sale and now to 20,000 Yen. VF-171 was pre-ordered up to 17,000. Now on sale at 16,000. Not to say really drop a lot from the pre order. Will be interesting to see how the VF-25F goes when it gets released as Alto and Ozma the most popular and may not be as easy to find when released. NY had to drop the price due to them having too much stock and it's readily available in Japan at the moment. Eventually the price will go back up just like the VF-25G which NY drop at one stage as well. The VF-171 is widely available at Amazon JP and at lower price. Only issue is that you need to use a forwarding agent. Will be interesting to see whether Amazon JP will have stock on the Alto when released.

That's ture... Patient... after those released is not a bad idea...

The problem we're facing here is scalpers have pretty much nothing to lose by hogging up preorders, except if they preorder up at up-front pay places like Anime-Export.

They have literally no skin in the game and have 2-3 months to flip these valks for a profit. If they can't sell the valks, they just let the preorders die for 0 penalty. Even with account cancellations nothing stops them from getting a new e-mail addy and opening a new account.

The problem we're facing here is scalpers have pretty much nothing to lose by hogging up preorders, except if they preorder up at up-front pay places like Anime-Export.

They have literally no skin in the game and have 2-3 months to flip these valks for a profit. If they can't sell the valks, they just let the preorders die for 0 penalty. Even with account cancellations nothing stops them from getting a new e-mail addy and opening a new account.

well, if you need to pay in advance, even not fully, there are still problems. It will not less than current situation you described. So I simply blame Bandai... :p

A 5 minute warning doesn't do you any good if you are fast asleep.

Considering the fact that i get so pissed that i missed about 80% 90% of the vf preorders in a time span of <5 mins, i would say it's a helluva useful 5 mins! I have immensely bad luck with timing (aka i missed ALL the recent preorder timing!)

If only all preorders would come with that early warning, i would not have to spend so much time in frustration and F5ving madly in faint hopes that a preorder would magically appear only to miss it by <5 MINS coz i looked away for a bit!

Considering the fact that i get so pissed that i missed about 80% 90% of the vf preorders in a time span of <5 mins, i would say it's a helluva useful 5 mins! I have immensely bad luck with timing (aka i missed ALL the recent preorder timing!)

If only all preorders would come with that early warning, i would not have to spend so much time in frustration and F5ving madly in faint hopes that a preorder would magically appear only to miss it by <5 MINS coz i looked away for a bit!

I would be spending all my time in frustration and F5ving madly in faint hopes that a 5 minute warning would magically appear.