IXTL

Don't worry you will not have to they only had 20 this time and I they open up the preorder briefly yesterday and then they shut it down, Bandai gives out an initial amount that it will going to produce to the wholesalers who then divide it up to the various retailers, based on those preorder numbers the will determine how many more they should actually produce which is how these retailers at the time of order actually end up having extras. So don't worry NY will have more especially the closer we get to the actual date the sold out of VF17EX and the RVF and now they have more so go figure just check it every few days

And that is the other thing these things look great but are no way even up to the Yamato standards I sure how they figure out a way to keep making more because Bandai needs competition

Speaking of more Valks I had to see the movie again what is the tan colored Valks in the hanger in the second movie at 1:17 is that just a regular VF-25 canon fodder

Edited by moose

Don't worry you will not have to they only had 20 this time and I they open up the preorder briefly yesterday and then they shut it down, Bandai gives out an initial amount that it will going to produce to the wholesalers who then divide it up to the various retailers, based on those preorder numbers the will determine how many more they should actually produce which is how these retailers at the time of order actually end up having extras. So don't worry NY will have more especially the closer we get to the actual date the sold out of VF17EX and the RVF and now they have more so go figure just check it every few days

And that is the other thing these things look great but are no way even up to the Yamato standards I sure how they figure out a way to keep making more because Bandai needs competition

Speaking of more Valks I had to see the movie again what is the tan colored Valks in the hanger in the second movie at 1:17 is that just a regular VF-25 canon fodder

is this how Bandai usually works? That's interesting.

The general consensus here is that NY is just buying up (preorder) stock from other brick and motar shops locally, which explains the different mark up prices and the different stock availability each time they replenish.

Also, I would hope this theory to be true, because it seems all the hot Bandai items always get sold out and almost never get restocked.. especially Frontier Valks.

is this how Bandai usually works? That's interesting.

The general consensus here is that NY is just buying up (preorder) stock from other brick and motar shops locally, which explains the different mark up prices and the different stock availability each time they replenish.

Also, I would hope this theory to be true, because it seems all the hot Bandai items always get sold out and almost never get restocked.. especially Frontier Valks.

I have seen pics of NY selling boxes with other stores price tags on the box. It's pretty safe to assume that that is what they are doing.

Thanks for the offer, at this point i guessits more of the frustration of having one in the cart and then due to their crappy servers was not allowed to get it. I think i will wait to see if there is amass cancel towards its release and hopefully get one at a decent price then. Thank you

Ok np. By fluke, I got one piece at anime export for 20,000 yen - I was looking for other macross stuff, click on it and got it. There's another sg fan who's interested, guess I will pass him my account and he can take over the order.

I don't blame most of the online sites for their servers - it's difficult for them to anticipate demand and ensure smooth online transaction when there are many of us and scalpers pinging their servers. I do blame some sites which raise their prices like an auction - this is unfair and they are extracting too much 'middleman' fee from a product that is not even released (!?).

I think they might be doing that as well but what about the other retailers how is that they might have some extra closer to the release date. I sure in terms of a business perspective it would only make sense to solicit preorders to get an general estimate on the demand and I am sure that they have a certain amount they have to make to breakeven. Not to mention that the probably got burned on the last time the released these and they were lingered at retailers and eventually had to be sold at a discount .

I think its also a way to create artificial demand my limiting supply

Edited by moose

I have seen pics of NY selling boxes with other stores price tags on the box. It's pretty safe to assume that that is what they are doing.

Yeah, that was my point to moose.. at least concerning NY's practices.

I think they might be doing that as well but what about the other retailers how is that they might have some extra closer to the release date. I sure in terms of a business perspective it would only make sense to solicit preorders to get an general estimate on the demand and I am sure that they have a certain amount they have to make to breakeven. Not to mention that the probably got burned on the last time the released these and they were lingered at retailers and eventually had to be sold at a discount .

I think its also a way to create artificial demand my limiting supply

For other retailers suddenly having stock (at least for HLJ), I believe it's due to cancelled orders (for whatever reason). The same for NY. When HLJ suddenly had stock for VF-171CF and RVF-25, quite a few peeps cancelled their NY orders.

You know I am pretty pissed at HLJ I can understand the other stores since they have a Japanese site and so the cater to them more so , but HLJ core customer to my understanding is based aboard and for them to have the preorder at 2, 3 in the morning US time is like blowing us aside when they should have taken in to account its non Japanese customers

Edited by moose

tell me abt it, I am stuck with a v1 micheal with super and a v1 full armor ozma vf25 that I cannot even sell at ard SGD50 to my friends. Last night I pulled out the renewal and the V1 and put them side by side and was turned off at how far the V1s were from the line art. If only I knew they would be doing renewals, i won't even have gotten them, so to repeat myself, how does one know how much stock is left for a certain item in NY, I do not see a stock counter next to the item in question

I'm sure that being pieces of crap had nothing to do with the previous version sitting on shelves. :)

Oh they were pieces of crap with the retarded A stance were he had to be on this toes come on Bandai Yamato got that down years ago

tell me abt it, I am stuck with a v1 micheal with super and a v1 full armor ozma vf25 that I cannot even sell at ard SGD50 to my friends. Last night I pulled out the renewal and the V1 and put them side by side and was turned off at how far the V1s were from the line art. If only I knew they would be doing renewals, i won't even have gotten them, so to repeat myself, how does one know how much stock is left for a certain item in NY, I do not see a stock counter next to the item in question

Add it to the cart and keep increasing the quantity till its stops

You know I am pretty pissed at HLJ I can understand the other stores since they have a Japanese site and so the cater to them more so , but HLJ core customer to my understanding is based aboard and for them to have the preorder at 2, 3 in the morning US time is like blowing us aside when they should have taken in to account its non Japanese customers

HLJ is a japanese store and will operate based on their timezone. Besides they serve worldwide and many countries are within their timezone. The US is not their only customer base, and it's unfair to think that they should stay up in the early morning just to open the preorders to suit their US customers which does not necessarily make up a huge amount of their client base.

HLJ is a japanese store and will operate based on their timezone. Besides they serve worldwide and many countries are within their timezone. The US is not their only customer base, and it's unfair to think that they should stay up in the early morning just to open the preorders to suit their US customers which does not necessarily make up a huge amount of their client base.

True at least notify us or something giving us a heads up

Congrats guys :)

For those who missed it, there's gonna be another round I'm sure. It takes time for purchasing to make deals on the phone.

Congrats guys :)

For those who missed it, there's gonna be another round I'm sure. It takes time for purchasing to make deals on the phone.

yeah, what xrentonx said. NY tends to re-stock several times. Just be prepared to cough up the mark up dough, which I feel is a little fair given how hard it can be to procure these.

For those who got theirs at NY, how much did your total come to with FedEx? I was asleep when all this madness happened and missed the boat. Bought one at nin-nin game and the total came to 285 shipped FedEx. Only thing is that I had to pay upfront since I did not see a pay later option.

EDIT: Wow, only after I paid did I notice you can pay later if you select the cheque or bank wire option. Doh!

Edited by OzmaLee74

Guest davidwhangchoi

man i have to step out to go get some Wendy's, i hope no pre-order go up in the next 20 mins :rolleyes:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Ok np. By fluke, I got one piece at anime export for 20,000 yen - I was looking for other macross stuff, click on it and got it. There's another sg fan who's interested, guess I will pass him my account and he can take over the order.

I don't blame most of the online sites for their servers - it's difficult for them to anticipate demand and ensure smooth online transaction when there are many of us and scalpers pinging their servers. I do blame some sites which raise their prices like an auction - this is unfair and they are extracting too much 'middleman' fee from a product that is not even released (!?).

PM sent! :)