ROBOTECH- VALKYRIE PROYECTO

I hear ya... and yet... HG has constantly said stuff like, "Shadow Chronicles has been fansubbed in Japan!" and touted the popularity of Robotech in Japan... so Antibiotictab provides a corrective to that, yes?

Still neither explains nor excuses the clear animosity, bordering on rage, against the fan project and its creators, that is the subject of this thread.

and they did bring destroids back in Zero/frontier.

Destroids have been a part of every Macross brought to TV and theaters (except Dynamite 7, if I'm not mistaken) since the original; granted, in Macross Plus only an HWR-00-MK II Monster is shown, as an ignominious target... which was still far more dignified than the civilian "clown" review in Macross 7.

... However to denigrate a fan effort, because of the name they decided to give it, strikes me as supremely arrogant, small minded, and childish. Let them have their fun within a context with which they're familiar.

Ok, good argument. I will shut up now.

Destroids have been a part of every Macross brought to TV and theaters (except Dynamite 7, if I'm not mistaken) since the original; granted, in Macross Plus only an HWR-00-MK II Monster is shown, as an ignominious target... which was still far more dignified than the civilian "clown" review in Macross 7.

I meant actually being used to fight something rather than just being leftovers form SW1.

So, as far as we know, this is the plot.

Some Regults goes havoc in Bahia Blanca (A City 800km south of Buenos Aires)

So there is this Argentinian test Pilot who steal the ¿prototype? Valkyrie to defend his hometown

Ok, if this guy was a Valkyrie test pilot. Does that mean that the short is BEFORE the start of SW1?

Edited by Gerli

So, as far as we know, this is the plot.

Some Regults goes havoc in Bahia Blanca (A City 800km south of Buenos Aires)

So there is this Argentinian test Pilot who steal the ¿prototype? Valkyrie to defend his hometown

Ok, if this guy was a Valkyrie test pilot. Does that mean that the short is BEFORE the start of SW1?

In robotech chronology there was a "global civil war" going on when the SDF-1(Zor's Battlefortress) hit Macross Island. All warring parties ceased activity and worked together to salvage the ship in the face of a greater threat. All of the human's transforming technology in robotech's universe come from the ship so this short has to take place after the SDF-1 first hit. My guess is this is set just prior to the SDF-1 launch and features an advanced zentreadi raiding party.

Still neither explains nor excuses the clear animosity, bordering on rage, against the fan project and its creators, that is the subject of this thread. Destroids have been a part of every Macross brought to TV and theaters (except Dynamite 7, if I'm not mistaken) since the original; granted, in Macross Plus only an HWR-00-MK II Monster is shown, as an ignominious target... which was still far more dignified than the civilian "clown" review in Macross 7.

You gotta cut him a little slack though guys, he's just ignorant of the the current opinion or lack there of. Many of us were exactly where he is now, all pissed off and angry over Robtech and the Macross issue. I have to admit, I was just like him and I wanted to pesonally bring Robotech and Harmony Gold down.......10 years ago when I first joined this forum. He's got some catching up to do and isn't aware that we have argued this point to DEATH. He's just raging because he missed the boat on the endless debates over the same thing we argued about so many years ago. Most of us have gotten over it. some of us have not.

antibiotictab, don't get banned over such a stupid thing. We ALL know how you feel about it, some of us feel the same way, but it's all been said before, it's nothing new here. There will always be Robotech fans somewhere in the world. I for one am tired of convincing them to believe in what I beleive in, it started to feel like preaching. If you can get access to some of the old threads, you can spend about a month reading and catching up on the debate. I guarantee you that everything you have on your mind has been said.

For the guys who created this Robotech Valkyrie Project, great effort on your part. My personal preference would have been to delete Robotech from the title, but hey, I didn't go to all the effort to create all this work, so I can't complain. Great for fan work. If HG was involved and received any money for this, I wouldn't never watch it, but it's fan made, not corporate made.

Kudos guys.

not liking robotech and attacking fans and their work and managing to work in a little nationalism while you're at it are completely different things.
I think he's attacking them because he's so dillusionally convinced that they are not fans, and they are corporately backed by HG or the Robotech Creators. As for being nationalistic, well, he's been active in the Yamato thread and does a fair share of warning that Yamato Resurrection was nationalistic and anti-USA. I didn't get the impression that he had any nationalistic sentiments, but I could be wrong.

That being said, if antibiotictab is one of those right-wing nut jobs, I'm all for banning him, haha!

Edited by peter

I think you missed a detail in this topic, those journalists in the second trailer are famous journalists in Argentina. This trailer is promoted by a channel owned by the main media group in Argentina, through his website and tv channel . One of the reporters is in charge of science news (he has a segment called TN science) and the other reporter is in charge of internet news and they talked about the fan project in the TV news

Do you think that there are some kind of agreement between HG and Grupo Clarin? Because I doubt that... I mean, besides from the publicity from a couple of interviews, HG was never mentioned as if they we're involved in the short.

Edited by Gerli

Do you think that there are some kind of agreement between HG and Grupo Clarin? Because I doubt that... I mean, besides from the publicity from a couple of interviews, HG was never mentioned as if they we're involved in the short.

Yeah, I think there is. Probably something like "OK, we'll waive the Cease & Desist orders for you guys, since you're giving us free publicity." I wouldn't be surprised if HG demanded/was allowed access to all materials for their own use at a later date, too.

Yeah, I think there is. Probably something like "OK, we'll waive the Cease & Desist orders for you guys, since you're giving us free publicity." I wouldn't be surprised if HG demanded/was allowed access to all materials for their own use at a later date, too.

Or more likely, the middle finger is simply being given to HG and their legal threats.

I think you missed a detail in this topic, those journalists in the second trailer are famous journalists in Argentina. This trailer is promoted by a channel owned by the main media group in Argentina, through his website and tv channel . One of the reporters is in charge of science news (he has a segment called TN science) and the other reporter is in charge of internet news and they talked about the fan project in the TV news
To the OP, can you clarify this? Are these fans being backed by the industry or is this as you say a wholly fan-made film? If HG has their dirty little fingers in this in any way, I'm done here. Edited by peter

To the OP, can you clarify this? Are these fans being backed by the industry or is this as you say a wholly fan-made film? If HG has their dirty little fingers in this in any way, I'm done here.

I agree, it doesn't sound like a fan project anymore if there's corporate sponsorship involved.

I agree, it doesn't sound like a fan project anymore if there's corporate sponsorship involved.

Crap, if that's the case, I owe antibiotictab an apology for accusing him of being a dillusional right wing nut job.

Japanese fans doesn't know what is Robotech anyway... :rolleyes:

... and they will never recognize the word "Valkyrie" or ANY of the designs, so no confusion there.

Yeah, the two journalist at the second trailer work for media corporation called " Grupo Clarin ", their participation in the trailer was only as " Cameo " since both are great RT fans and yes TN ( news channel from Grupo Clarin ) has covered story of that RT fan film for free and they never backed up with money or any stuff that you guys are speculating here.

Why I'm saying all this? I'm one of the guys who passed the info about this RT fan project to Federico Wiemeyer ( the journalist with glasses that looks like Dexter from " Dexter's lab ) and I have a twitt that comfirm all this.

Edited by Lobizon

Yeah, the two journalist at the second trailer work for media corporation called " Grupo Clarin ", their participation in the trailer was only as " Cameo " since both are great RT fans and yes TN ( news channel from Grupo Clarin ) has covered story of that RT fan film for free and they never backed up with money or any stuff that you guys are speculating here.

Why I'm saying all this? I'm one of the guys who passed the info about this RT fan project to Federico Wiemeyer ( the journalist with glasses that looks like Dexter from " Dexter's lab ) and I have a twitt that comfirm all this.

Since this project might be under real scrutiny over the next few months, and not just from a fan website, you might as well reveal everything you know while it has a green light. A lot can happen between now and whenever the first part of this project is officially released, if they're lucky enough to get that far.

• 6 months later...

It was a good youtube video, though... ^_^

Hindsight being twenty-twenty, Robotech would have done better had it been synonymous with Macross alone, just as Star Blazers did well and has that extra recognition being synonymous with Space Battleship Yamato. In that respect, I think this fan video is doing something very, very right leaving out two thirds of what HG hacked in. My one question, and maybe I missed the answer, is will it stay that way? Is this going to be a Macross only thing? It would be very cool if so.

Didn't they released Atlantic Rim? :p

6 months after the last post, and this is all we get? A poke about Atlantic Rim? Are there any updates to this thing? Did the Valk...sorry, Veritech finally get any body panels?

• 4 months later...

it sure did say 31/12/13. Wonder what that means. Maybe a fan based short film? It did put the disclaimer about HG and it's copyrights and all. It can't be anything more than you tube clips... for now.

Somehow the crew behind this got the ok from HG. They promised it would be released sometime this year, and apparantly they're cutting it real close to their deadline.

Since this franchise is pretty much dead to me except for making fun of, I really have no interest in anything Robotech, be it fan projects or official release. I will admit that calling it the "Valkyrie Project" with a Robotech title is mildly annoying. Now, onto the work itself, The animation is OK. The camera angling is good. The CG looks a little blocky and video game-like, but it's something that can be worked on as it goes forward. Thumbs up, man.