DX VF-25G

zulu

So there is already an item page for it on HLJ site? Can you point it to me, please?

Thanks,

Marcelo

No, I was just referring to the VF-171 preorder since people are camping out HLJ.

Chris

If it is really the retailers just playing it safe, wouldnt that be counter productive? Arent the Macross Valkyries usually great sellers?

On that same note, is Bandai aware that there are quite a few Macross fans in the states? Wouldnt that get someone to take notice that Macross is a viable product? I dont understand this rationing of Macross stock. With the secondary market taking control of the bulk of stock, Bandai stands to loose more then gain in terms of profit.

IIRC, HLJ was around a week if not more after the other stores before it was up for pre-order. They did list it pretty quickly, but I think it was just a place holder listing till they could confirm their stock. So it MAY be a while.

Chris

What happened with HLJ was that they put up the pre-order with only partial allotment secured, and ended up getting so swamped with orders in the first minute of going live that they shut it down until they could confirm that they'd be getting more stock. This was on march first, the same day as every other retailer. then after a week of wailing and gnashing of teeth, the HLJ pre-order opened up again sometime between 1:00am and 1:30am PST, and remained open for about 3~4 hours. Then there was a final 15 minute window that night before closing for good.

It's worth noting that the VF-171EX orders all happened on March 1st which was a Thursday, while the 25G when live on a Friday. IIRC, HLJ only operates Monday through Friday, while AmiAmi and hobby search are open Monday through Saturday. I'm thinking HLJ didn't want to put up a big pre-order like this right before closing up shop for the weekend, so they decided to wait until Monday.

It could also be that they're waiting until they've wrangled all the stock they can from Bandai and it'll be a while till the pre-order happens, but personally I'll be watching them all afternoon tomorrow just in case (Monday in Japan officially starts at 6:00am PST.)

:edit:

Seriously, we shouldn't have to put this much thought into getting in a F*cking pre-order in for a god damn toy.

Edited by anime52k8

If it is really the retailers just playing it safe, wouldnt that be counter productive? Arent the Macross Valkyries usually great sellers?

On that same note, is Bandai aware that there are quite a few Macross fans in the states? Wouldnt that get someone to take notice that Macross is a viable product? I dont understand this rationing of Macross stock. With the secondary market taking control of the bulk of stock, Bandai stands to loose more then gain in terms of profit.

It's not counter productive, because if Bandai does make this another small run, the retailers don't want to overshoot their preorders, and run into the problems we've seen already with pissing customers off with unfulfilled orders. Until they get confirmation on numbers, they're probably underestimating the numbers they'll get. If it turns out that high numbers will be made, the retailers will be able to open the preorders up accordingly.

I don't understand why Bandai hasn't yanked the MSRP way up on these things. If demand greatly exceeds the supply you're going to bring to the table, any sensible business person would yank the price up through the roof to drop demand down. Granted, Michael won't sell as well as a Ozma or Alto but seeing what's been happening you'd think they'd at least bump the MSRP up from 14,000 to 16,000 or something. Bizarre.

Sometimes it's difficult to tell if you're being facetious jenius... :unsure:

I'm pretty sure the smaller production runs are due to the higher demand for factories to make more Tiger & Bunnies... :rolleyes:

Remember when we used to detest Tamashii exclusives... :wacko:

For preorder at nippon-yasan they do offer preorder payment method that they will bill at 2-3 weeks before the item is in stock. It's still better than pay 100% upfront now, months before the actual release date.

I wonder if Nippon is taking way too many pre orders or they are just facing a situation where people are holding out for HLJ ir re-opened pre orders elsewhere to try and get it cheaper. I put an order in the day this thread went up so I'm really hoping they can fill it. I'll be watching to see if I can secure one on another site just in case.

Just a heads up for anyone going to Nippon Yasan.. I may have just screwed myself out of a conversion fee if they don't get enough to supply the orders. While they don't charge up front in some cases it seems, they will however take a paypal payment as soon as you offer it. Sad thing is, by the time the order ever comes out, it'll be long past the 45 day dispute limit for paypal.

So, probably safer not to use that payment method in general.

Well, I just got an e-mail reply from HLJ. Basically the rep said they don't have any info on the renewal pre-order and when it'll be up. It'll be up when they receive the order info from the supplier/manufacturer. They couldn't give a heads up when that'll be - so yeah, F5 the site until it pops up. LOL

Edited by Phalanix

I paid up front with Paypal, but I know it's a concern for some people. I had the cash to spare for it thankfully.

I also have a pre-order with Nippon Yasai, so technically this is my backup. If both are successful I'll unload it here on Macross World for the average of the two prices I paid ($242 @ N-Y and $227 @ YA)

I just pre-ordered at YesAsia. $227 with free standard shipping, not bad. Dunno when it went up.

That's a horrible price for a preorder, considering the thing is around 13,000 yen. I have a feeling the sites that sold out will probably have a couple extra once confirmation of numbers comes out.

Well, I just got an e-mail reply from HLJ. Basically the rep said they don't have any info on the renewal pre-order and when it'll be up. It'll be up when they receive the order info from the supplier/manufacturer. They couldn't give a heads up when that'll be - so yeah, F5 the site until it pops up. LOL

Oh joy, all this siting and waiting and refreshing web pages has been SO much fun, I just don't want it to end. <_<

Yeah, and I got my VF-25S DX renewal preorder in a couple weeks before release but I wouldn't go recommending that approach here either. I hope this all ends up being hysterics again but still, I suspect some people are going to end up paying more than $227 shipped especially with 14,000 Yen right now being about $180.

I'm trying to stay positive. HLJ did this with the VF-171EX when it was announced, and within a week they had it open up again and stay open for well over 3 hours.

WTF, it's GONE already!!!!

On HLJ, I mean. I've been refreshing every 5 minutes and I still missed it. Gargh

Yeah, I checked around 4:30AM and it wasn't up yet. Most likely it's not gone yet, they just put it up as a place holder and will open up the pre-order later.

Its gotta be a place holder. No way its gone that fast.

anybody know what time of day and week the 171 went up?

I think it was a Tuesday or Wednesday, around 2-3AM (EST). I got lucky with that order as I was up all night at the hospital with the new baby. lol

I sent another e-mail to HLJ to see if they can give us a hint when the pre-order might open up...not holding my breath though.

I got a response from HLJ regarding the VF-25G perorder window and Brian Keats, the rep basically said there is no way for them to notify us the exact time when the preorder will go live. It goes live when they get info about it from Bandai. Oh well. I gave it a shot.

By the way I would appreciate it profoundly if someone would please message me if the preorder does go live. I can't keep checking the site each night. See my sig

Edited by mass driver