The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

For sure, as a character Ultra Magnus was a d-bag, but I'm still stoked about having a "proper-ish" MP version of him.

I'm not even concerned about display space, mostly because I have exactly 0 Transformers displayed (all Macross, Gundam Metal Build and Play Arts Kai).

And as much as I don't like EVA Prime, his trailer does look cool.

Thanks for the pics Gakk.

-b.

I want the BAPE but I haven't see much info on it.

UM looks really floppy, hard to pose, and frustrating for a MP.

I'm all about robot mode and he's not scratching my itch. Think I'll cancel mine and put that money toward a utopia. haha.

I want the Eva and bape optimus toys... When can I get them?

TFSource has a preorder up for Eva Prime, and they're estimating November.

And as much as I don't like EVA Prime, his trailer does look cool.

I've been saying that. I love his trailer. But I don't love it $300+ worth, even if it comes with Fuglimus Prime.

Nemesis Prime, Year of the Horse Prime, BAPE Prime, Eva Prime... when am I gonna get a dang MP Pepsi Prime?

So I found an MP-03.

I was dickin' around after work and ran over just to see if I could spot one. I had to pick up some shizzy at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and I thought what the hells.

Somebody had hide it behind one of those super cheap giant supermen they sell for Man of Steel.

Guess nobody had straightened that isle up all week. Slow selling?

Caught the red out of the corner of my eye. Haha.

Downloaded the coupon and got him for $68 for trade fodder.

Edited by Gakken85

For Bluestreak--heck, for me it's pretty much "whichever came first"---I'm equally happy with toy and toon versions. But toon colors came out first, so that's what I have. Though I do feel a bit of nostalgia for the all-silver bright-silver toy version, as him and Sideswipe were my main 2 "beloved Autobot toy cars". But the black hood just looks SOOOOO cool... :)

Anyways--best pic of MP UM so far:

13.jpg

"Till all are chubby"

I'm really liking fatty MP UM.

And if I had the money I would get that Eva Prime. Scheme is hideous but I feel I need it.

Imagine Peter Cullen’s voice talking to Shinji. Bet even Optimus Prime would loose his patience and want to smack Shinji.

- Shinji, get in!! Freedom, the right of all sentient beings, depends on it!!!!

- Waaaahhhhh I get to pilot giant robos and live with über hot chicks, my life sucks WAAAAHHHH!!!!

- Oh in the name of Primus... GET IN you little piece of crap!!!

So my Hasbro MP Rodimus just dropped an arm last night. He's one of the few toys I never handle because...he's just not fun to handle, and he's been standing untouched on a shelf for two years, and last night around midnight I heard a clunk and assumed someone just dropped a rifle or something. This morning I looked and found Roddy's arm laying there, totally broken off at the shoulder joint. I've heard of this happening many, many, many times at TFW, and now its finally happened to mine. I thought about looking on Shapeways to see if there are replacement joints, but I'll probably just sell him as a junker just to be done with the POS. I really hope they make a brand new MP Hot Rod that is smaller and less complicated.

Edited by eriku

Is that the Takara one or the TRU one?

Magnus looks a little better, but it's odd that they have to put him in a neutral pose to make him look good haha.

Edited by Gakken85

Is that the Takara one or the TRU one?

Magnus looks a little better, but it's odd that they have to put him in a neutral pose to make him look good haha.

The Hasbro TRU version. I don't think the Takara version had the leprosy problem. I should have just kept that one but my inner G1 toy boy liked the Hasbro version better when it came out so I traded my Takara for one of those. Kept the trailer though. :/

"Till all are chubby"

I'm really liking fatty MP UM.

And if I had the money I would get that Eva Prime. Scheme is hideous but I feel I need it.

Imagine Peter Cullen’s voice talking to Shinji. Bet even Optimus Prime would loose his patience and want to smack Shinji.

- Shinji, get in!! Freedom, the right of all sentient beings, depends on it!!!!

- Waaaahhhhh I get to pilot giant robos and live with über hot chicks, my life sucks WAAAAHHHH!!!!

- Oh in the name of Primus... GET IN you little piece of crap!!!

Ha! I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the pictured David H. posted "Ultra Magnus is THICK".

IF I get Eva Prime it's sitting in a box forever.

So my Hasbro MP Rodimus just dropped an arm last night. He's one of the few toys I never handle because...he's just not fun to handle, and he's been standing untouched on a shelf for two years, and last night around midnight I heard a clunk and assumed someone just dropped a rifle or something. This morning I looked and found Roddy's arm laying there, totally broken off at the shoulder joint. I've heard of this happening many, many, many times at TFW, and now its finally happened to mine. I thought about looking on Shapeways to see if there are replacement joints, but I'll probably just sell him as a junker just to be done with the POS. I really hope they make a brand new MP Hot Rod that is smaller and less complicated.

Now that sucks, I too thought the 1st release Takara version was the crappy one, I have a Hasbro MP Rodimus (sorry Benson, not for sale or trade B))) in a box and the idea that his arm or other limbs may just fall off is really upsetting me.

So sure, at this point Takara, Hot Rod needs a re-do.

-b.

Ha! I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the pictured David H. posted "Ultra Magnus is THICK".

IF I get Eva Prime it's sitting in a box forever.

Now that sucks, I too thought the 1st release Takara version was the crappy one, I have a Hasbro MP Rodimus (sorry Benson, not for sale or trade B))) in a box and the idea that his arm or other limbs may just fall off is really upsetting me.

So sure, at this point Takara, Hot Rod needs a re-do.

-b.

Tease.

I have the Tak Hot Rod v1, transformed it many times without losing an arm or a limb, except for the leg covers. That came off the moment I transform it, even with care and I know about the issue before hand. The size of the current MP Hot Rod is great, but I do want Tak to release a scale down version just to match the rest of the other MP cars, and with all the bugs fix of course.

MP WJ with clear wings, transformer fairy? :p

Can't wait to get my chubby Magnus! :wub:

So with these Rodimus Primes the arms just crumbling is a huge problem?

Ever since the Hasbro version came out there were comments here and there about the arms breaking off at the shoulder joint. Sometimes it happened while people were transforming or posing, sometimes it just happened like mine. You can actually plug the arm back on and it will hold tight enough for display (as long as it's not holding anything).

::EDIT::

I'm not sure if it's been happening on the Takara version too. After I got the Hasbro version I stopped following the threads on the Takara ones. Same toy, probably same factory, so it seems likely some could suffer from the same issue.

Edited by eriku

have to say i'm warming up to MP fatnus. one thing that concerns me wiht magnus is.....does he even have waist articulation? i realize the seekers in the mp line don't but i can understand that based on transformation but magnus....a bot this big i think he needs waist articulation (FWIW citizen stack has it).

that wheeljack though ... i think it blows the doors off magnus and bee.

oh also...jenius...i think you can get eva prime from robot kingdom and bbts so far ($250 vs. $315 but factor in the shipping). i'm not sure the normal jp stores will carry it since its an "exclusive" i think...bape...i've no idea but i'm pretty sure bbts will eventually list him (they had the previous bape g1 convoy)

Ever since the Hasbro version came out there were comments here and there about the arms breaking off at the shoulder joint. Sometimes it happened while people were transforming or posing, sometimes it just happened like mine. You can actually plug the arm back on and it will hold tight enough for display (as long as it's not holding anything).

::EDIT::

I'm not sure if it's been happening on the Takara version too. After I got the Hasbro version I stopped following the threads on the Takara ones. Same toy, probably same factory, so it seems likely some could suffer from the same issue.

i think its only a hasbro issue. the takara's have their own issues. V1 can't hold his guns, backpack wont stay clipped etc. V2 had its own issues but i odn't remember what at the moment.

have to say i'm warming up to MP fatnus. one thing that concerns me wiht magnus is.....does he even have waist articulation? i realize the seekers in the mp line don't ... *snip*

But they have waist articulation. ;)

I think Magnus could have waist articulation in the hip. Similar to the crotch of the YF-30 or upper torso articulation. I don't see how a joint at the actual waist could exist.

You're wrong Gakken. Don't speak I'll of my Hot Rod.

:D

It's true though. Especially if you were a kid at the time. You had all these 80's cars and planes in the show, and then the Movie came out, killed everybody off and gave us these whacky space cars.

It was an attempt to appeal to another generation or reinvent the line, but it was still a betrayal and the start of the end.

Edited by Gakken85

:D

It's true though. Especially if you were a kid at the time. You had all these 80's cars and planes in the show, and then the Movie came out, killed everybody off and gave us these whacky space cars.

It was an attempt to appeal to another generation or reinvent the line, but it was still a betrayal and the start of the end.

So wacky space cars are a no-go, but you're MW's biggest champion of MP Spacebrick?

When I was a kid, I thought Hot Rod was cool, as he's basically the star of the movie, but I wasn't really into Rodimus Prime. As an adult, I see Hot Rod as the punk who got Optimus killed, while I love the insanity that is Rodimus' space winnebago.