The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Guest davidwhangchoi

I don't remember ever seeing Bee with a mask, must be from the Japanese show.

thanks, yeah me neither...i think it's prob from a dreamwave comic.

"

looks like it was on a 1984 g1 release (must've been where dreamwave got inspiration for the "battlemask as well)

http://www.tfarchive.com/toys/references/heads/bumblebee_heads.php

Edited by davidwhangchoi

So speculate Cliffjumper will come with Daniel in Exo-suit?

I hope they consider more G1 movie add-in's. I still think it's the best media ever made for the TF's.

I hope they renewal Hot Rod / Rodimus to fix the problem spots in the future. With Ultra Magnus coming we're gonna need

Kup in their somewhere. Who's gonna tell Grimlock war story's?

Don't know if Cliffy will ever get the MP treatment, if he does, I don't think he will come with Daniel. Daniel usually hangs with Hot Rod. And speaking of Hot Rod, I would love to have a renewal MP Hot Rod, his actual scale with the other cars. As growing up, I've always loved Hot Rod, not much so with Rodimus Prime. I've never realized Rodimus Prime was a mobile home, until recently.

Yeap, we definitely need Kup in the picture to tell stories to Grimlock and the Dinobots.

The second face on MP-21 Bee is reminiscent of the face on the G1 toy. Neat that they added it, but I'll stick to his cartoon face. With color, this looks much better. I wish they'd put hinged covers on his arms to hide the hollows where his hands go. That's fine on a $12-15 mass market toy aimed at kids, but on an MP, that kind of detail makes the difference and should be the norm.

Part of me wishes they'd gone with the new bug design, since it's more compact than the original and would translate better to the bot mode. I'm just glad that Volkswagen finally relented and are allowing Takara/Hasbro to make it at all.

I'm guessing maybe we'll get adult Spike with the Exo-suit. It'd be accurate to the movie. Besides, I hate Daniel. I kept hoping he'd get shot or stepped on in every scene he appeared. Still do.

I missed out on the new MP Prime when it was at retail, and refuse to pay the small fortune it goes for now. So I had Year of the Horse version in my hands at TRU today, but I couldn't get past the clear trailer and ugly gold trim. There were two of them on the shelf, and two of the big Starscreams, for which I have no interest. I really hope they do a second release, b/c I like the mold, but those YotH colors are terrible.

Edited by M'Kyuun

so i like the new mp bumblebee but its totally disappointing in two areas. hollow forearms on an MP??? also apparent lack of wrist swivels. the latter is speculation, the former is confirmed. WTF Takara? WTF. not like its so small that it can't be done. i think particularly the lack of writ swivels is offensive.

Finally got my MP G2 Sideswipe in today, the figure is fantastic and anyone on the fence about getting it should buy it! Strangely G2 swipe's joints are tighter than my tigertrack's joints, he also has less paint imperfections (1 on G2, 3 on TT). All we need now is for a Dr.Wu addon kit and he will be perfect!

Hollow forearms is strange on an MP, but we aren't sure how big BB is yet are we? Maybe he was just too small and they decided covers for the arms would be too much engineering for such a small problem. I'm sure a 3p will make some fill in parts, maybe even a head since many seem unimpressed with the takara version so no worries.

Edited by dizman

Looks like Fewture received a lot of preorders for their super expensive non transforming Ultimetal Optimus because it hasn't even been released and now they are showing Megatron

post-2996-0-55990800-1394842235_thumb.jpg

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/fewture-ultimetal-um-03-megatron-179488/

Not sure about the proportions; they don't look as cool as Primes.

But he does not transform. :p

Not that I'm considering buying it but it looks a bit to busy with all the panel lines.

I received the zombie version of TFP FE Cliffjumper and I love it. The shoulders are terrible stiff and I wish the retailer had the regular version in stock but it is one great Transformer.

Is that Megs in scale with MP-10?

my guess is that he scales with the ultimetal optimus who is huge and doens't TF either and IMO isn't a great scuplt of optimus (i prefer both mp1-0 and mp-01) to it. it is 17 inches tall and $800.

Looks like Fewture received a lot of preorders for their super expensive non transforming Ultimetal Optimus because it hasn't even been released and now they are showing Megatron

attachicon.gif1524703_10202966848719845_2089804594_n_1394830190.jpg

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generation-1-1/fewture-ultimetal-um-03-megatron-179488/

Not sure about the proportions; they don't look as cool as Primes.

it it were scaled to mp-10 instead of ultimetal i'd get it. as is, no thanks....keep the $800. if i were bigger fan of the ulimetal op i'd have to get both though.

Is the YotH Optimus Prime not recommended to buy as a display piece? I have heard from some people that the gold does not look nice on it. Whilst some others say that the gold is high quality and looks good. I'm undecided whether to get one or not. Is there a silver version or any news on a future silver version?

Is the YotH Optimus Prime not recommended to buy as a display piece? I have heard from some people that the gold does not look nice on it. Whilst some others say that the gold is high quality and looks good. I'm undecided whether to get one or not. Is there a silver version or any news on a future silver version?

I didn't have a coupon, so I couldn't talk my wife into letting me have on. :(

All i can tell you is that the gold, while still sort of out-of-sorts on him, isn't as garish in person as it looks on some pictures. It's really light, almost a brass.

And, MP-10 is easily my favorite MP. He looks great in both modes, has a transformation that hits that sweet spot between complex and frustrating, and he's got some great articulation.

I didn't have a coupon, so I couldn't talk my wife into letting me have on. :(

All i can tell you is that the gold, while still sort of out-of-sorts on him, isn't as garish in person as it looks on some pictures. It's really light, almost a brass.

And, MP-10 is easily my favorite MP. He looks great in both modes, has a transformation that hits that sweet spot between complex and frustrating, and he's got some great articulation.

Ah, that is good to hear. I have a few money off vouchers so I might go and buy one in that case. :)

That's a pretty good photoshop of Cliffjumper. I doubt the real thing will look too far from this, when they eventually make him.

Even if you get YotH Prime, and aren't too put off by the gold, his trailer is transparent. So, buy a can of gray paint while you're out shopping. I think I'll just sit tight and hope for a second release of regular Prime.

That's a pretty good photoshop of Cliffjumper. I doubt the real thing will look too far from this, when they eventually make him.

Even if you get YotH Prime, and aren't too put off by the gold, his trailer is transparent. So, buy a can of gray paint while you're out shopping. I think I'll just sit tight and hope for a second release of regular Prime.

i actually think the clear trailer is really cool. then gain, i warmed up to yoth prime too (i have every deco of mp-10). af first in pictures he looks gaudy, but keep looking at it and you'll like it for what it is, and once you get it in hand, you'll realize he is positively regal! definitely not for those that want the traditional prime deco but he looks great IMO. the trailer looks cool to me. only thing is i wish they hadn't put the autobot logo there. I was thinking of spraying it in a transparent smoke color (think the "white" part of tail lights on an amg mercedes and how they are smoked) and giving it to mp-10b for a while, but i think i'm just going to leave it with yoth prime now. i don't think yoth prime is good replacement for the traditional deco prime (like takara's normal mp-10 or even hasbro's bright saturated "toonish" version) but it has its own charm for sure. i was one of the biggest haters at first too...