The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Back side picture time!!

post-2996-0-64782900-1392544509_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-19461100-1392544516_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-09615800-1392544525_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-48977800-1392544532_thumb.jpg

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/toy-fair-2014-generations-leader-jetfire-from-the-back-179306/

The forward fuselage is just there. Could have folded the tip of the nose or split or something buuuuuut it actually sits close to the body; not that kibly. The VF-25, 27 and 29 have the wings protruding to the back in a way more annoying manner.

BTW,the official photo of this guy wins Toy Fair:

post-2996-0-74106200-1392545104_thumb.jpg

Meet Umbilicaltron Maximus!!!

Sadly the deluxe version does not have such unique awesomeness: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys-products-30/toy-fair-2014-age-of-extinction-generations-deluxe-class-images-179305/

Does this mean the US is getting another release of Grimlock? Hint the MP-03, which is following MP-02 Soundwave and the packaging style.

credit: images courtasy of TFormers.com

I have one question. Why does the gray plastic looks always terrible on HasTaks Transformers? MP-11 and MP-08 from Takara have this terrible swirly plastic and the one on this Hasbro Grimlock looks terribly cheap and translucent. It could be the lighting but is it difficult to cast a good locking gray toy?

I wish Hasbro had just made a straight Skyfire fig, as the bot mode is pretty spot on from the front. That F-22ish jet mode looks ok, but the transformation is a cheat, and the cockpit hanging off his back diminishes him somewhat, IMO. I've never been a fan of TFs where a major part of the alt mode just hangs off like a giant fanny pack, just asking to be knocked off, thus limiting the bot to a single mode. It's lazy and detracting. This toy had a lot more potential, and they fell a bit short, I think.

Finally, Roadbuster. He looks ok, but not the Calibur design I was hoping for. I'm over it. Overall, it's not a bad design. I like that, unlike the Calibur, the arms on this guy are part of the alt mode instead of being tucked away.

Rattrap and Gears look great. Kinda liking that Windblade, as well, except for the fugly samurai head.

I'll be picking all these up.

I believe TFW2005 reported that a Generations Arcee was in the works. Shame she wasn't on display, if only just a proto pic to love or hate. :) She should've been the big reveal, given we've waited 30 years for a proper G1ish toy. The TFA toy was great, but still not quite right for Classics/Generations.

As for the TF4 toys, Yuck across the board, with Cabover Prime the only minor consideration. I find it funny that Bay and Hasbro vehemently defended the long nose cab design for Prime, b/c a bot of his size couldn't be made to fit in the confines of a cabover. And now, here he is. Hmm. <_<

He looks ok to me, except, I have to agree, that his arms don't look very good.

FINALLY!!! After missing the initial release and not having the money for the after maket mark up I have an MP-11 Starscream. This means I have all MPs up to 14. Since the ones after sound wave are easier to acquire I shall now pick those up. I've held out waiting for SS and though I had the MP 03 mold I really preferred the new mold for him but will use the old molds for TC and SW since I have those too.

I thought MP-11 and MP-08 had rather different plastic, with MP-11 being halfway between the "cheap-looking" stuff and MP-08's "classic G1 Dinobot silver-grey".

yup totally agree. MP-11 feels almost soft/waxy and looks more translucent than any MP TF i've seen, and yes very swirly. Thankfully they got the red and blues right (if you go by the 86 movie as a reference it at least feesl right) or else MP-11 would have been a bit of a fail for me. the way MP-11 reflects light though i can see why one person on another board called it "pearlescent"....but its just not, its weird plastic. Personally i think if they are going to use that kind of plastic it'd be nice of them to at least add a bit of matte/semi gloss clear to it. Anyway, yes mP-08 plastic is more traditional almost G1 feeling plastic. The hasbro one was as well....the same plastic. Although its harder to notice, grimmies are a bit swirly too.....though not nearly as much as mp-11. That beign said, I think everyone is panicking over the toy fair photos and harsh lighting on the new mp-98 hasbro reissue...i will reserve judgement until we get better pictures although I kind of doubt they'd just switch plastics. if you put that kind of lighting against any release of mp grimlock i'm pretty sure the wings will be translucent-ish too and the swirls will be accentuated. Well i guess not king grimlock as i'm sure the silver paint all over helps to alleviate that.

oh and re: toyfair. i'm pumped for the jetfire. i wonder if takara will do a premium deco version...although the hasbro one shown already has metallic red paint/red chrome?

Hmmm. It's got the same "clear green" plastic as the KO's.

it'll be interesting to see them once they become available. perhaps the non WU kong "KO's" really were just loose reject mp grimmies, and not KO's. that would mean hastak changed or made a a few new pieces to the existing tooling. interesting indeed.

Saw another guy who's arms fell off the Takara reissue. More verification that the mold is shot.

Good news is the Hasbro mold has only been run once... though a larger run.

Looks like they left off the extra paint apps off the upper arms, and the white triangles on the legs that made the hasbro robot mode different.

Funny thing is you can see the paint apps on the box for the robot mode, but it's not on the figure!

Skimp skimp and save. Hustle for them dollas :D

Edited by Gakken85

Saw another guy who's arms fell off the Takara reissue. More verification that the mold is shot.

Good news is the Hasbro mold has only been run once... though a larger run.

Looks like they left off the extra paint apps off the upper arms, and the white triangles on the legs that made the hasbro robot mode different.

Funny thing is you can see the paint apps on the box for the robot mode, but it's not on the figure!

Skimp skimp and save. Hustle for them dollas :D

i don't know why you assume they have two sets of complete tooling. At the volumes we are talking for MP transformers its not worth it. i think only the formerly sharp bits had new tooling done for hasbro since they sell to markets like the US with safety rules that are more stringent. Also, the recent reissues have been done by (and run by at the factory i assume) hasbro asia...not takara, despite it being a release of the takara version of the product. that being said, i doubt what we saw at the toy fair is final, and we all know hasbro (and takara) love to screw up box art. i didn't click the video but i'm gonna guess the box art reflects hasbro's original release version while the upcoming intended hasbro reissue is going for the original mp-08 takara deco (minus the extra paint apps). anyway i'm sick of thinking about this grimlock mold. bring on a V2, whether it be hastak or FT. just bring it already.

I wish Hasbro would rerelease MP Optimus in his regular colors instead of the Year of the Horse version. I missed the boat when it was being sold through TRU, and now I'm kicking myself.