DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Good point, it's not just the diecast that messes it up. I'm just tired of losing paint.

I do think though that if they molded the intakes out of plastic, it'd be much easier for them to mold tabs/slots into the intakes to make them stay on. The one word that comes to mind with those intakes is "imprecise." The casting just is not anywhere as crisp as the plastic, and I think that's part of what hurts the way the armor attaches.

Just got my super pack - surprised to see a full set of stand adapters. Don't have any real trouble with the intake cover, other than they seems to slightly conflict with the fighter mode stand adapter. One of the missile cover like to pop out because the sliding part is a bit too tight.

New review from Gamu-toys, but his site is very very slow.

http://gamu-toys.info/goukin/gouki/dx21/dx21.html

Edited by CF18

You know.. I don't get it.

Is Bandai getting paid under the table to create a shortage of these things? It makes no freaking sense.

Maybe they're just upset that the re-released chunkies got overshadowed by Yamato, and are determined to make themselves into some kind of legend like the original Takatokus? I don't see how that would EVER benefit them though, because they're not making anything off the crazy prices the hoarders quote when they sell these to collectors.

A possible factor is that its the end of the fiscal year, and tax time is coming soon. In Japan companies are taxed on their inventory. So if they have a large production run that has not sold they will get taxed for the retail value and loose most of their profit. This is a big reason so many companies in Japan are making pre-orders and made to order items so that they have 100% of a production run sold.

You know.. I don't get it.

Is Bandai getting paid under the table to create a shortage of these things? It makes no freaking sense.

Maybe they're just upset that the re-released chunkies got overshadowed by Yamato, and are determined to make themselves into some kind of legend like the original Takatokus? I don't see how that would EVER benefit them though, because they're not making anything off the crazy prices the hoarders quote when they sell these to collectors.

A possible factor is that its the end of the fiscal year, and tax time is coming soon. In Japan companies are taxed on their inventory. So if they have a large production run that has not sold they will get taxed for the retail value and loose most of their profit. This is a big reason so many companies in Japan are making pre-orders and made to order items so that they have 100% of a production run sold.

That is interesting. I did not know that.

Hmm was wondering, why is there no conversation on the re-release of the YF-29 since the old thread was locked? Going to be released soon, wondering if there is any chance of getting one nowdays or if there is any chance of a 2nd re-release or even better, a 2nd re-release with super pack included! :)

i dont want to justify paying $330US for Alto or Ozma renewal, but Ive been waiting a long time and I missed out on preordering the VF-29 Durandal renewal, so I may have to fork over the cash to evilbay if I have to wait till the end of the year for a rerelease. :-(

Gerwalk mode!

The parts are actually a little more fiddly that I'd like, the hip armor attaches funny in Gerwalk mode, but at least it stays on (unlike the atrocious V1 armor and FP parts).

post-12785-0-47706300-1336797295_thumb.jpg

Edited by locidm

Finally got around to doing a wash on the super parts. Nothing special, just wanted to bring out the surface details a little more. Seemed a shame not to.

Anyway, hope everyone who wanted super parts have them in their hands by now and are enjoying them. :)

post-5703-0-38338700-1336806031_thumb.jpgpost-5703-0-96503900-1336806032_thumb.jpg

post-5703-0-48267600-1336806034_thumb.jpgpost-5703-0-00604400-1336806036_thumb.jpg

Plus, frankly---I don't think very many Japanese people know the "correct" pronunciation of western aviation words---they just do strict transliteration of the letters seen in books etc.

that is not how Katakana works. like at all.

They are probably just using some non standard pronunciation or one that isn't common to english or the term's originating language. Japanese writers will happily use the Greek pronunciation for things like "Eureka" and "Titans" which sounds totally weird when we watch dubs and people are going on about "Ehrehka" and the "Tee-tahns."

Did you know the Elmeth from Gundam is actually named after Hermes? Because the katakana is the transliteration of the Greek pronunciation.

The more you know~

How well does "Illinois" come across?

イリノイ :3

That still doesn't really explain vernier. The term is named after the person (a French guy) so there really is only one word and one pronunciation. It's inherently French. It'd be like saying that "Deutschland" has an equally-correct alternate pronunciation.

I've always said it as vern-ee-yurs myself and I'm not gonna change that cause I ain't listening to some PONY-GUY on the internet! All kidding aside, I did not know it was vern-ee-yays either but I'm not a guy who knows a lot about aeronautics in general (only which planes are pretty ones). I'll probably continue saying it my way cause I'm a forgetful SOB. I'm part of the problem, I know. :)

In other news, I can't wait until my Ozma and Alto packs come in on Monday (thanks, anonymous guys from Tokyo-Hunter!). I don't even have an Alto but I got one for safe-keeping in the hopes I'll have an Alto later.

Edited by xrentonx

[...] In other news, I can't wait until my Ozma and Alto packs come in on Monday (thanks, anonymous guys from Tokyo-Hunter!). I don't even have an Alto but I got one for safe-keeping in the hopes I'll have an Alto later.

There are some very cheap ones here:

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/macross/2455-macross-f-dx-chogokin-vf-25f-messiah-valkyrie-saotome-alto-custom-renewal-version-.html :wacko:

Got my super packs from nanoplasm. Does the crotch armor really do anything? I haven't changed it from battroid, but so far, I've just left the original piece on.

Downside, there seems to be some glue residue on the leg armor. Think I'd be safe trying a little alcohol or nail polish remover on it?

Otherwise, it looks great!

(null)

Got my super packs from nanoplasm. Does the crotch armor really do anything? I haven't changed it from battroid, but so far, I've just left the original piece on.

Downside, there seems to be some glue residue on the leg armor. Think I'd be safe trying a little alcohol or nail polish remover on it?

Otherwise, it looks great!

(null)

I don't know if I'd risk it, unless it's nowhere near any paint. Depending on the type of glue it is, you might do more damage to the plastic than the glue already has.

Applied wash to the crotch plate... and it still looks awful. Let's face it, the super part crotch is just ugly, regardless of which version you're looking at. It just doesn't match up with the rest of the super parts.

Also, how does it eject when in fighter mode? :)

Like Kelsain said....I wonder what the point to it is??

Chris

To shield the valk's... oh. :p

Yeah, I imagine it's just an armor plate to cover the hip mechanisms, but the piece bandai included looks like a completely unfinished piece, straight out of the mold. I can't see myself ever using it, it just looks hideous.

Not that my VF-25s ever leave fighter anyway, but still. ^_^