1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Well this is nice and unofficial but it kinda shows their sizes.

http://macross2.net/...s-black2000.jpg

This one is inaccurate for the VF-4, Check post #85 for the correct length comparison, the vf-4g (14.9)is not as long as the VF-11(15.51m) and is just about as wide as a VF-1 with wings fully extended(14.78m)... http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=27610&st=70 Was it me or did the PSone have a VF-4G in it where the battroid fired from its shoulders, VF-X maybe?

I am seriously praying for a pricetag under 18800Yen...

After the VF-4, Yamato, please make a VF-5000 to go with the rest of the M7 Dynamite valks in 2013 or beyond!

Graham, isn't there a way to suggest to Yamato the possibility for the members to purchase the exclusives directly from them? Like an English page with world wide shipping? Please?

Considering the price of the Regult kit, then how much would this be as surely it will have more parts?

Not a fan of this valk, but understand the disappointment of the fans that wanted it.

Edited by Omegablue

I can’t see why such a disappointment yet. All the information we have so far is:

• It’s going to be a fully assembled and painted TOY –one many people wanted and that hasn’t ever been produced before.
  • It’s going to be a web shop exclusive –not an issue since HLJ normally sell them.
  • Further details to be announced at Yamato’s site in February.

Anything to be worried about? Not IMO; at least not yet. Actually, I think having a VF-4 toy after so much time is nothing but great news.

Is it going to be expensive? Most likely, but there’s nothing new there.

I can’t see why such a disappointment yet. All the information we have so far is:

• It’s going to be a fully assembled and painted TOY –one many people wanted and that hasn’t ever been produced before.
  • It’s going to be a web shop exclusive –not an issue since HLJ normally sell them.
  • Further details to be announced at Yamato’s site in February.

Anything to be worried about? Not IMO; at least not yet. Actually, I think having a VF-4 toy after so much time is nothing but great news.

Is it going to be expensive? Most likely, but there’s nothing new there.

I totally get that, but I think the only thing you really have to understand, is that this is MW.com...the place where the panic button is pressed more than any other button on the face of the planet. I'm sure this toy will be expensive, unless they find more options to milk it. However, that's not something to panic about. It isn't going to cause the item to break, or isn't going to make your other toys fall to pieces. If people want it, and it's going to be a web exclusive, start saving now people. I'm saving up my money. At some point, everybody realizes that it's simply not something they can dictate, and they either go with their program, or don't.

Edited by Jasonc

I'd be happy to get a VFX Ravens 19A, but a 1/60 Konig??? While it'd be cool, It'd most likely be int he $500+ range, and not something I'd be willing to spend that kinda money on. If they do have the VFX license though, the VF-4 in that game isn't the exact same as the one from Flashback. There's at least another variant.

post-1819-0-67690200-1325452570_thumb.jpg

post-1819-0-31022600-1325452585_thumb.jpg

post-1819-0-36927700-1325452604_thumb.jpg

What are you guys worried about the Digital Mission VF-X version is basically the same save for the Skull Squadron markings

they probably just used the 1997 copyright on the announcement because that's when the other modes were finalized

also GOOD GRAPHICS

Just when I thought I found enough money for the reissued 1/60 VF-25S, this new VF-4 pops up. I really want this VF-4. But I want the VF-25S as well. Not enough funds for both. DARN IT!

Don't worry, Yamato anounced that more news on the VF-4 will be released in Feb. So it may not be out for preorder before Feb (or even later), and ship in the second season. Still some time to save up after the VF-25S (which is supposed to be shipped late Jan.)

Cool, always wanted to see one of these made! Probably one of the most unique (although admittedly divisive) designs in the macross universe. So we've got until february to hear an announcement from Yamato? Great, that gives us time to gripe about all the stuff we want to see on this thing before the CAD goes out (ratchets, detents, solid ankles etc.).

So, since we know its a fully painted toy and the web exclusivity will probably not keep us from being able to get one (although the price might) it would probably be more useful to start the laundry list and debates about how to handle the design.

So forgive the long post, just trying to move the topic in a new direction!

So, what do you think - needle nose or blunt? The Battroid would look like Ron Jeremy if it keeps the jet nose, but giving the jet a nosecone like the battroid crotch-plate would make it look like it somehow survived a nasty head on collision. I kinda like the idea of having three swappable nosecones: one that actually splits along the front, folds back, and then locks into place on that convenient black divot in front of the cockpit (not quite sure what its called, I think its just supposed to prevent reflected light from blinding the pilot) so that it can be either long OR short, and then two solid ones for Jet and battroid mode display purposes.

Did a quick sloppy photoshop to show what I mean. The lines are pretty pronounced on the "transformable nosecone on this because, well, its lineart. If Yamato makes the tooling as clean as they can, the seams would probably hardly be noticeable, but having the swappable noses as an option would remove that issue entirely.

post-1418-0-42731200-1325512538_thumb.png

So whattaya think?

So many other things to discuss as well - if you work the head and chest transformation according to battroid proportions the slope behind the cockpit is going to be much more bulbous and probably extend back further in order to keep the head centered. If you go by Jet proportions you might have to do some creative engineering and have the whole thing flip up on a hatch from underneath and forego actually having that interesting "hood" actually be a part of that slope.

What kind of origami twists can Yamato come up with to get this thing as close to the lineart as possible?

Edited by NeoverseOmega

post-1418-0-42731200-1325512538_thumb.png

So whattaya think?

I see too many duck faces there! /jk :)

I understand what are you pointing at but for me a nose cone similar to profile art below is OK.

And because the torso height is solely consists of "the hood" height which is really flat plus the height of the fuselage and the heigth of the nose cone; a long nose cone shouldn't be a big problem in battroid proportions.

schematic-vf4.gif

Edited by charger69

Ha! I can see a squadron of these quacking up the quadrant - hmmmmm, maybe we can get it discounted by having an AFLAC branded VF-4. . . .

That would probably be the only way some of us could even afford it!

Heh, initially I saw a squadron of flying nosecones . . . . but seriously do you think its a workable idea or does it just make the design more complicated than it needs to be?

It depends on what your eye is paying attention too - granted part of the beauty of the VF-4 is that sleek fighter mode, so a lot of people are not going to want to monkey with that. Wierdly enough I actually like the battroid mode too (I know I'm a minority in that, perhaps part of what I like about it is that its so odd), so I'd like to see it pulled off as close to lineart as possible.

So we've got one supporter for the needle nose alone!

I'm curious to see if anyone else pipes in.

Edited by NeoverseOmega

Remember that while you are paying for shipping outside of Japan, you don't pay for taxes when ordering from HLJ. When you ask a friend to buy it for you within Japan, they will have to pay taxes and then charge you for shipping. As far as I know there's no sales tax when ordering directly from HLJ since the last time I placed an order.

Customs are a whole different story though.

Wow, I did not know that EXO, thanks for info! How much is sales tax in Japan, and if you go through services such as Tokyo Hunter, do you have to pay the taxes as well?

I've never had issues with customs in the past (as in additional charges)..... *knock on wood*