Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

yeah some companies are really slow with processing and shipping. My first run with HobbylinkJapan was terrible. I had to wait 2 weeks for my order to ship, All due to processing.

Yeah, Hobby Link Japan are notorious for their slow processing ;( , which is why I seldom use them. For me they are always the option of last resort.

If I request EMS or FedEx shipping, that's like generally a clue that I want something ASAP!, not wait around 10 days for two weeks before they get off their asses and ship my order out.......Grrrrr!

Graham

Does anyone know of anywhere besides ebay to get a VF-19P at a decent (maybe slightly higher than MSRP) price?

I do not want to submit to ebay and rather get it at a trusted retailer.

Both HKcollectibles and Angola have the VF-19P back in stock today!

I wonder if the delay for HLJ is that they're more focused on marketing to the US, not so much to other parts of Asia. Usually my HLJ orders arrive in around 3-5 days, assuming I don't order on the weekend.

Kind of the reverse for me with HKC, but I can't complain, my 19S shipped out early this morning. :)

OH. MY. GOD.

VF-19SJOHN-3-20-13_zpsa68797ae.jpg

this beauty was worth every penny. entire orders of magnitude better than YAMATO's previous efforts,

let alone any transforming toy/model i have ever had the pleasure to witness first hand. Perfection in itself, and photos truly don't do it justice.

no wonder YAMATO ran themselves under producing these works of art. my personal favorite Valk to date... :hail::wub::):wub::hail:

Edited by Shaorin

Yeap, I broke out the S and the P last night, probably the greatest transformations ever. tight, minus the arm extensions, they are finicky.

I still like the P the most, but I like the Blue Angels look of the S.

at 135$ @ HKC, the S is worth more. it's a serious bang for your buck.

Those were the good old days in 2008 to 2010. You got new Yammies every month. If you didn't see a new valk in two months, you whined.

Yeah I do too. I remember just 3 months ago I read a post stating that we live in the golden age of Macross collecting. "Lived" is probably the word now. The good old days is what we will say.

Edited by ff95gj

Those were the good old days in 2008 to 2010. You got new Yammies every month. If you didn't see a new valk in two months, you whined.

2008 was the year i first started collecting. Looking back it was a great time to start. I was able to quickly build up a 1/48 collected cheaply since everyone was selling them off to buy the new 1/60 scale. Unfortunately still made blunders like buying original 1/60 and 1/72 and especially MPCs. :p

shaorin, do you have the hip transformed correctly? Looks a little stretched out there.

i don't know, i might have had it wrong there, but i pretty much had the hang

of the hip mechanism straightaway, but i just might have fooled up there, i dunno. does this look right?

VF-19SJOHN-3-21-13_zps7c2a0765.jpg

VF-19SJOHN-3-21-132_zps0654955c.jpg

- indeed, the tolerances are tight on this puppy. reading through this thread in it's entirety,

i can definitely see just how impossible the notions of repainting/customization of an existing VF-19k/S/F/P,

or marketing of an unassembled kit form of the -19 series actually is...

Edited by Shaorin

I'd actually think customizing the P might not be too bad of an ordeal, as long as you keep away from painting the main fuselage. Stripping the red stripes off, and repainting them another color would probably be safe, as would repainting the ankle rings and head/lasers.

I'd love to get a set of white S/F shoulder covers to replace the normal ones on the P though. Painting over the yellow plastic on the lower half would probably get ugly from rubbing against the rest of the valk.

On the other hand, if you could find something that would actually soak in and stain those parts, I don't think they would look bad black. :)

Edited by Chronocidal

Just received delivery of my -19S from HKC, boy less than a week with econ shipping. Quite a bit more solid than my YF-19, so much easier to swoosh around(not done any transformation yet). On the flip side, the wing edges are pretty sharp, anyone cut themselves on those? I also prefer the wings and nose of the YF-19.

Yeah I was actually thinking of getting gloves halfway through my first transformation. That said, this bird just blew me away, I think this is my favorite yammie in terms of engineering. Can't believe i actually spent more on the bandai durandal, and I got that off amiami. This here is probably the best value for money valk I have, just wish there is a matte grey version.

/salute Yamato

I am glad the prices on the VF-19s dropped a little (in part due to the yen climbing back up to 96 per dollar), but they're still on the high end of anything I've gotten. I was really hoping the 19P or 19F would get overproduced like the VF-22s, and wind up on clearance. I seriously would have bought 4 more of them if that happened, let alone the 4 I would have bought if they made a low-vis.

On the flip side, the wing edges are pretty sharp, anyone cut themselves on those?

not even once, in the dozen transformation cycles i must have put mine through in the last couple days.

the wings do indeed have very fine razor-thin edges, but i don't personally seem to find them dangerously sharp in any real particular way.

i must have tough fingertips or something, i dunno...

in related matters, i found the one issue i was having with BATTROID transformation;

the nosecone linkage wasn't slid inward correctly, preventing the chest assy. from coming down

upon the torso fuselage low enough to lock into place for BATTROID.

that could very well be what fellow member "eugimon" was noticing in my photos. good eye there. :)

Edited by Shaorin

You missed the page of sharp puns eh? Yes, Yamato outsourced the wings to Cutco.

Yep, it's like the Ginsu knife of valks. :)

Just be careful of the trailing edges, they're really really thin, and could probably dent or snap off if they get hit by something at the wrong angle.

I missed my opportunity for one more sharp pun lol :p

Ginsu knives had some great commercials back in the day :)

I bought probably the last vf-19p from nippon-yasan using EMS. It has been "in preparation" now for 8 days! Usually I don't mind waiting but this is kinda defeating the purpose of using express delivery.

I'm in the same boat. I had also purchased perhaps one of the last VF-17D w/ super packs sets from them on the 13th and it also still shows "Preparation in progress". I had emailed them about it on Monday and they replied that my order would be sent Tuesday and at the latest on Thursday. It still is showing "Preparation in progress" today. So I'm not really sure what is going on.

Both HKcollectibles and Angola have the VF-19P back in stock today!

Thanks for the tip on its availability. I thought I had missed out on the 19P. I went and placed my order on it yesterday.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

I'm in the same boat. I had also purchased perhaps one of the last VF-17D w/ super packs sets from them on the 13th and it also still shows "Preparation in progress". I had emailed them about it on Monday and they replied that my order would be sent Tuesday and at the latest on Thursday. It still is showing "Preparation in progress" today. So I'm not really sure what is going on.

just emailed and asked them to change the shipping method from EMS to SAL. At this rate EMS is not express anymore (btw, i counted wrong, not 8 days but 9 days late). If they refuse I will just cancel the order all together.

Edit: LOL, just got a message back from NY:

"We actually have a big problem with your order as the constructor seems to have gone bankrupt

It is impossible for us to get in touch with them neither by phone mail or throught their website(as it is closed now)

We trying to find this product somewhere else.

If you rather we can keep looking or we can stop and refund you the money you paid for this product."

Edited by brenttoyou