DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

I am sure it says that in Japanese on the Version 1 verses Version 2 poster by Bandai.

The general idea is Version 1 sucked here are photos, thanks for your money. Here is Version 2, see much better, now give us more money. :blink:

:lol: That's true!

I'm just happy that Bandai is taking the bad feedback seriously enough to make a V2 of the VF-25.

-Kyp

But aren't the head lasers still made out of that rubbery safety plastic/PVC on the YF-29 and the new V2's possibly?

One other thing I would like to see is a matte finish.

Edited by Loop

But aren't the head lasers still made out of that rubbery safety plastic/PVC on the YF-29 and the new V2's possibly?

As long as the head lasers are straight and stay that way, I'm not really concerned one way or another. A matte finish, on the other hand, would be nice, but this is Bandai we're talking about, I'm not about to start holding my breath. I'm pretty sure the only way we're ever going to see that is if/when Yamato finally gets the license.

-Kyp

Damn, that just reminded me of those pics I saw in Scorched Earth--the head lasers on Ozma's valk were bent to hell. Getting cold feet again about pre-ordering the V2. :(

i might have missed it but will it be roughly the same size and dimensions as v1. Need to know if it will go with my other v1 or if it will be as glaring as the yamato 1/60 v1 & v2.

Will be about the same length in fighter mode. The v2 battroid will be taller mostly due to the improved hip positioning and neck. The v1 looked too short anyway for its stated height.

i might have missed it but will it be roughly the same size and dimensions as v1. Need to know if it will go with my other v1 or if it will be as glaring as the yamato 1/60 v1 & v2.

A bit taller in battroig mode:

post-12283-0-53550600-1310622195_thumb.jpg

Preorders ALREADY closed for the VF-25F at HLJ, AmiAmi, and Hobby Search. :blink:

Bandai's printing money here. :mellow:

That's why I'm glad I got my pre order in at AmiAmi. I just hope that when it comes out, that I don't regret my decision to jump on this. Oh well, I'm pretty sure I can always resell it if I don't like the fighter mode...I've been pretty spoiled by my Ozma 1/72. :p

-Kyp

:lol: That's true!

Very true, and why I didn't buy V1. V2 is what they should have made first time out of the gate, and V2 should, in Yamato fashion, be the improved version with quality issues fixed. As much as v2 appeals to me, I may have just talked myself into waiting for v3. :lol:

Well, I don't think you should go by a review on the v.1 but see what the review is like for the YF-29, the head laser for the 29 is perfect even though it's a soft plastic.

Guess you're right. Either way, since all pre-orders are closed for now, my only choice now is to wait for the review, and get the second batch.

Edited by GU-11

Well, I don't think you should go by a review on the v.1 but see what the review is like for the YF-29, the head laser for the 29 is perfect even though it's a soft plastic.

I thought the YF-29 had thicker shorter lasers on the head though. On the VF-25 they are supposed to be thin and long, and if made out of the soft plastic I think it will cause the same issue as the version 1.

Hopefully they thought about that. As GU-11 said, since the pre-orders are closed I guess I will hold my breath wait for reviews and hope for the best.

Edited by Loop

I'm in the same boat, will have to wait for the second batch :ph34r:

That's a very risky move there bud. As I seriously predict at least a %20 increase of price perhaps bring the price to up to $155 the most with no S/H included. If you got the budget, go for it. (Look at yf29 re-stock value on ebay, IF you can find one, and other online stores...)

I seriously think despite the improvements in the crotch mechanism, wider leg movement, a solid Gerwalk mode with TRUE A pose without the need a back adapter, it will STILL end up being floppy mess in the end, with paint tampo running the risk of being scratched and with all the wing joints still susceptible to breakage, especially when it comes to future releases such as the Armored and Tornado Packs!

I look at how HEAVY those parts are in the VF25G (tornado WITH powered set), and I really don't see how the v2.s are going to handle all that weight! I really don't. Those things are so heavy, sometimes the wings almost want to slope down the ground if it wasn't for the extra hinge parts, they do a good job in distributing the weight, but its not perfect, hell, I'm already afraid to leave it in Gerwalk with all that weight stressing the already "crappy" joints as some of you mentioned - funny thing is, I see the same joint feature (perhaps and even weaker version of it) in the yf29.

Look at the YF29 hinge stress pics out there - is there. I'm surprised not too many are shooting down in criticism about it. :rolleyes: Yet many rush to call the v1. a piece of crap.

I, for one, am not too hopeful about the the v2 so called "dramatic" improvements. It will still be a great figure no doubt, with a lot of improvement in movement and tightness in all forms (Fighter, Gerwalk and Battroid) but still plagued with the same weaknesses of its predecessors. To me the yf29 is the perfect example of it, lucky enough it doesn't have the burden of carrying a Tornado or Armored parts to deal with as its older brethren had to.

I think too many people shoot down v1 obvious flaws in design, but in the end durability and hinge strength its what's going to make or break the v2 dx line for some of us and me.

Just my two cents. :mellow:

http://www.anime-export.com/product/7381

REALLY!? :wacko:

You haven't looked hard enough bro. :huh: - however, downside to them, is that you have to pay THE FULL price upfront. It's how they managed to keep their pre-orders LONG after most stores closed. They send you the shipping price later. They will also cancel your order in 24hrs if its not paid.

I ordered my Ghost & Weapon set from from them, and they were awesome, also I ordered the YF29 Durandal at a very reasonable price of $190 at the time when most pre-orders closed and only paid $14 for shipping, and yes, they did it without charging me for a bigger box with the corny poster in it, that most people wiped their arse in /jizzed on Ranka's face in :) (Who would pay extra $$ for something they don't want). And it got here 4 days after it was released in JP/HK. They are FAST. (That's debatable depending on where you live of course)

Just letting in the info in case you don't trust them, I'm not vouching for them or anything, just passing on my experiences with them as a customer. I'm sure HLJ and Amiami are waaaay cheaper, and more efficient than them.

Good Luck.

Edited by the9breaker

[...]

I, for one, am not too hopeful about the the v2 so called "dramatic" improvements. It will still be a great figure no doubt, with a lot of improvement in movement and tightness in all forms (Fighter, Gerwalk and Battroid) but still plagued with the same weaknesses of its predecessors. To me the yf29 is the perfect example of it, lucky enough it doesn't have the burden of carrying a Tornado or Armored parts to deal with as its older brethren had to.

[...]

I agree. The DX VF-25 V.2 may look better than the V.1 but if we can take the YF-29 as a predecessor of it all the mentioned weaknesses of the first version will still be there –only that this time built of a lighter and thinner plastic, which doesn’t seem to be any stronger.

Talking about Anime Export, I think they have very reasonable prices and the service is nice and efficient.

Well, I fired the good ole' PS to illustrate my points here.

5938900315_29e12ddbea_z.jpg

1309767318_7381_VF25Renewal2photoshopped by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

5938900355_261ec6be62_b.jpg

1309767314_7381_VF25Renewal1shopped by Supreme Pontiff Ares, on Flickr

Of course the antennas need to be soft/bendy material, much to the hate of many here. I think its just too easy to break, even if given an extra base joint to achieve the V form seen in the anime. It would be way too prone to breakage, given the amount of handling it needs. Many complain about the v1s crappy feature, but fellas, what we need is a durable figure. Sure it maybe a hell of a prettier-better-looking-more-posable-flexible-solid-and-sexier girl than its sister, but I take a nice solid woman any day of the week over any skinny frail looking chick, ANY day of the week.

Right, now from what I seen and handled I KNOW v1s can handle a hell of a lot more abuse than the yf29.

I cannot stress how Bandai managed to fold the arms in a ---/VoV\--- position.

I think it can be easily managed in a v1 as well - but nonetheless - pure INGENIOUS, plus added support as seeing as the yf29 - an ALMOST perfect Gerwalk mode.

Things will get interesting indeed once the support packs come out (Super, Armored, and Tornado with powered set - I really doubt they will come in packs - if they do, people better start s*cking d!cks for them as the prices aren't looking pretty right now for a standard v2 - HEY! I did :( ) if the v2s can indeed support all that weight, with no stress marks, or hinge breakage with enough handling, and of course, for all critics - NO floppiness. I seriously doubt it as Bandai is using even less thinner plastic (as seen in the yf29), will only have to wait and see for reviews and live demos.

Hell right now I wonder how the yf29 Super Parts are going to fit in, given the short wing to be attached on, I'm worried as to how much stress it will place on it. But that's for the yf29 thread.

I am glad I don't care at all about the Super and Armored parts, much less the Tornado IMO designed specifically to hide the failures of the DX v.1, and NOT the "real" VF-25.

I am probably quite alone, but I do like the clean VF-25

魂フェス2011 display (Source)

post-467-0-19157100-1310734598_thumb.jpg post-467-0-56971900-1310734604_thumb.jpg post-467-0-90203600-1310734610_thumb.jpg

Nice finding, CF18! It's really looking good, I only hope it's not Bandai's photoshop job again! ;)

I am glad I don't care at all about the Super and Armored parts, much less the Tornado IMO designed specifically to hide the failures of the DX v.1, and NOT the "real" VF-25.

You're not alone.

I too like the VF-25 by itself.

I think the stand its the epitome of an utilitarian stand. It does a very decent job of holding all 3 modes with little jiggling, however it could at least TAB in for fighter and gerwalk mode, not just rely on the support of its weight of it. It's like yf29.

The old stands supplied with the v1 DX line did a much better at holding the Messiah in Fighter mode because it tabbed in securely, the yf29 and its advent of the new stands only have 4 small pegs to "secure" the Messiah in fighter and gerwalk.....but its not a secure and strong connection. I agree with you in some points.

That's just me though - I rather have it have near perfect standard QC and strong durability, than to whine about a stand that does a pretty decent job, that's just me though.

I also noticed the stand is the same as the yf29. Nice lesson from them to take stand support for Gerwalk as well, to support the backpack part of it. Not like it needs it. YET.

Want AWESOME stands for the v1 DX line, check out the Variable stand that was released in the Tamashii webshop, I own 2 of these suckers, and if my budget could only permit it, I would get another one - but my funds have drained towards the YF29 Super Parts.

Yep - don't bother with Gerwalk mode stand - they both suck from my opinion. The yf29 stand is where is it at. I just wish it would tab in a much more secure manner.

Nice!! Minus the few mistransormation issues in the display........the fighter mode looks pretty nice. Glad I got the preorder in.

Chris