DX VF-25 version 2

ff95gj

Amiami is still taking pre-orders. Usually, pre orders would have been full by now. This would mean there's still lots of skeptical potential buyers out there(including me).

Probably a fair number of indecisive buyers like me too. Should I get the F or the G or the S or should I wait for a super or armored bundle. I'm also waiting until my YF-29 arrives to decide if I want more from this line. Who am I kidding? I'll want more.

OK, I'm really not liking what they did with the lower wing glove lip there...it shouldn't be in the middle of the black stripe on the engine nacelles in fighter mode. I'm attaching a pic pointing it out for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about. (Look at the fighter mode pics)post-4560-0-00472100-1310083180_thumb.jpg

-Kyp

I've a question about the renewal -25's battroid mode. In the pic, his crotch is flipped up and outward, like he's doing some sort of groin thrust. Is it supposed to be this way, or just a case of mistransformation? Don't remember it looking like that in the anime.

I've a question about the renewal -25's battroid mode. In the pic, his crotch is flipped up and outward, like he's doing some sort of groin thrust. Is it supposed to be this way, or just a case of mistransformation? Don't remember it looking like that in the anime.

Supposed to be that way.

http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossf/vf-25f.htm

They gotta make those head lasers splay outwards, though. It's like the last missing detail they need to really capture the silhouette of the battroid.

OK, I'm really not liking what they did with the lower wing glove lip there...it shouldn't be in the middle of the black stripe on the engine nacelles in fighter mode. I'm attaching a pic pointing it out for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about. (Look at the fighter mode pics)post-4560-0-00472100-1310083180_thumb.jpg

-Kyp

i think it just a matter of perspective.. the camera took a different angle..

and for the matter about the photoshop retouch rumor..well as long as the made it as close as the durandal.. is enough for me

Edited by valid

Thanks for the heads-up. Well, as long as it's supposed to be that way...I guess I can deal with it.

It's like that on the yF-29 as well. It really makes the battroid resemble the anime version. This is going to be a must purchase.

Well thanks to all the pics and stuff I went and pre-ordered one a few days ago. (first Macross/VF toy-can you call something that cost this much a toy)

You guys suck - making me spend moneyhappy.gif Also having the VF-25 master file book to flip through doesn't help.

VF-25 v.2 preordered :D After seeing the what the improvements offer, I'm more than happy to put down my reserve spot. I think the best improvement is just the look overall, but improving the cockpit, crotch, landing gear, legs, it's all a vast improvement.

If you look at the pictures carefully, especially in fighter mode, you can see that Alto's red markings are hand painted on. ;)ap_20110701032248538.jpg?ib_____DCXacKCZq

-Kyp

That's actually a production example and they will all look hand painted :lol:

i think it just a matter of perspective.. the camera took a different angle..

and for the matter about the photoshop retouch rumor..well as long as the made it as close as the durandal.. is enough for me

No, I'm afraid not, I blew up the image to get a better look at it this morning, I'm not wrong. :(

I'm really hoping for more pics of it at different angles to see how it's going to affect the overall look of it in fighter mode.

-Kyp

I've wiped my slate clean of my v1.0's. :p

I'm glad I cancelled my pre order of Ozma's back when it first came out, after I realized the fighter mode's leg engines were going to be sitting way low like that. I feel kinda bad for all of you who invested in those chock full of fails. :(

-Kyp

No, I'm afraid not, I blew up the image to get a better look at it this morning, I'm not wrong. :(

I'm really hoping for more pics of it at different angles to see how it's going to affect the overall look of it in fighter mode.

-Kyp

Was looking back at shots I took of my VF-25 kit mod to hold the legs up higher, and actually, the position of the wing glove doesn't look much different (when properly positioned).

HPIM0588.jpg

HPIM0590.jpg

When the legs are held at the correct height, the glove does cover a good portion of where that leg stripe is. I think the change is mostly due to using thicker plastic, and not having the lower wing glove quite as beefy as it is on the model.

You're right though, the shape is different. Looking at the shot of the underside that points out the gerwalk support brace, it looks as if the lower surface of the wing glove is actually not going to be flush with the leg in fighter mode, as if the inner edge was cut away some. The upper surface definitely is closer to the centerline than the lower half, but unless the leg is actually wider than it looks, there might be space left there.

It just occurred to me as I was typing though... this might be to allow for a better super/armor pack integration. The super and tornado leg packs aren't too big, but this might be to give the armor packs more room.

I don't think having the lower wing glove shaped this way will have much of an effect on the overall design, but I am very curious to see how they plan to lock the wing gloves down and the legs up if they don't have something similar to the tab system I added to my kit, which is what they wound up including on the VF-27 and YF-29 toys.

Was looking back at shots I took of my VF-25 kit mod to hold the legs up higher, and actually, the position of the wing glove doesn't look much different (when properly positioned).

HPIM0588.jpg

HPIM0590.jpg

It just occurred to me as I was typing though... this might be to allow for a better super/armor pack integration. The super and tornado leg packs aren't too big, but this might be to give the armor packs more room.

I don't think having the lower wing glove shaped this way will have much of an effect on the overall design, but I am very curious to see how they plan to lock the wing gloves down and the legs up if they don't have something similar to the tab system I added to my kit, which is what they wound up including on the VF-27 and YF-29 toys.

You might be right as to their reasoning for this, I'm hoping it won't hurt the look of it in fighter mode, but we need better pics taken of that area like your pictures show to know for sure.

*EDIT* Whoo-Hoo!! 1,500th post and now have the "Alaska Base Survivor" title! B))

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Should note that, if you don't like the crotch thrust, you can snap it back to flat. At least with YF-29.

Thanks for the tip, man.

Overall, this V2 from Bandai is starting to look like a winner. Still wondering if I should pre-order it or wait for it to come out and get a review to see how good it is. For such a hot item, Bandai should be reissuing these pretty quickly...I think.

Thanks for the tip, man.

Overall, this V2 from Bandai is starting to look like a winner. Still wondering if I should pre-order it or wait for it to come out and get a review to see how good it is. For such a hot item, Bandai should be reissuing these pretty quickly...I think.

I own 2x 25 v.1's, and a 29 now. If it's as simple as adding engineering changes of the YF-29 to the 25 (and it should be - in fact from playing around with the 29 I would surmise that they focused on creating an improved 25 v.2 first, and built a 29 around the design), it'll be pretty fantastic.

I own 2x 25 v.1's, and a 29 now. If it's as simple as adding engineering changes of the YF-29 to the 25 (and it should be - in fact from playing around with the 29 I would surmise that they focused on creating an improved 25 v.2 first, and built a 29 around the design), it'll be pretty fantastic.

Yes, IMO that's what they did.

feel kinda bad for all of you who invested in those chock full of fails. :(

-Kyp

I am sure it says that in Japanese on the Version 1 verses Version 2 poster by Bandai.

The general idea is Version 1 sucked here are photos, thanks for your money. Here is Version 2, see much better, now give us more money. :blink:

Thanks for the info, Aurance. What with so much positive response to the V2, I think I'll see if I can pre-order it at my local hobby store--less of a hassle and no need to wait for it to get shipped here. Failing that, I'll just get one from AmiAmi.

My only concerns for the v2.0 is going to be the paint applications and loosening joints. I've had my 29 for several days now and I think the paint choices Bandai continues to make leaves a lot to be desired. But,overall I like the redesign and can't wait to get it. I hope they redo the entire v1 line, and make them readily available.