What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

Yeah dont worry bud, I'm well aware of his antics,not just on here either lol.

on point, whats the best Gundam show to watch? Ive only seen Gundam Wing (good) and half of Gundam build fighters (bad)

I would suggest Gundam 00. The second season was weaker than the first, but overall I enjoyed the series.

on point, whats the best Gundam show to watch? Ive only seen Gundam Wing (good) and half of Gundam build fighters (bad)

I recommend watching the 0079 movie trilogy. It's pretty much where the whole Gundam franchise begins. When you watch this, I think you'll begin to understand why it was such an influential anime.

Edited by Vifam7

People are probably going to disagree with me but G Gundam is by far the best gundam IMO. Second would be Zeta (but you should really watch the original series or the movie compilations to understand the background of that series).

tumblr_msm0wuCUbc1s9f3k1o1_500.gif

oh my god I love this Gif.

Edited by anime52k8

I am not a troll, must I metamorph into a parrot at this point? Also, why you do this to me, Vep?

I got nothing against you dude, just some of your reasons in disliking a series that are usually highly recommended are pretty trivial. ^_^

I would suggest Gundam 00. The second season was weaker than the first, but overall I enjoyed the series.

I recommend watching the 0079 movie trilogy. It's pretty much where the whole Gundam franchise begins. When you watch this, I think you'll begin to understand why it was such an influential anime.

MS-08th OVA is my recommendation and original series.

People are probably going to disagree with me but G Gundam is by far the best gundam IMO. Second would be Zeta (but you should really watch the original series or the movie compilations to understand the background of that series).

oh my god I love this Gif.

Cheers for the suggestions guys, I'll be sure to check them all out. :D

Vepariga, I know you said you don't like Build Fighters and haven't seen much Gundam which I think is part of the problem. A huge part of the charm of BF is the fact it makes references to just about every Gundam series ever made. Its like watching Austin Powers and never having seen a James Bond film or Spaceballs without seeing Star Wars, Trek, or Aliens. A lot of the humor isn't there if you don't understand the context of it. I would recommend coming back to it after you get a few of those recommendations under your belt. :)

As for my recomendation I would say 0083. Very action packed and is something of a set up for Zeta. I would watch it after the original 0079 movies.

Edited by renegadeleader1

Thanks man,yeah I think I do miss abit with BF. I do enjoy the mecha battles in it but I dont take to the kids and toy-battling concept of it. Not yet anyways, I do need to watch the other series to get my Gundam War fix and then I will most likely appreciate BF alot more as you said. I'll give 0083 a watch aswell. Good thing is I can marathon all these series and OVA's over weekends and weeknights :)

One problem with Gundam is that you get UC(original story) and AC(Alternate) storylines.

Having grown up with the original Gundam Series I am not too much interested in the AC series.

Gundam Wing I prefer Endless Waltz, can't stand ZZ, V Gundam, Gundam G, Turn A, Seed, 00, Build Fighter, etc.

Unicorn is OK. Love the MSV suits.

just some of your reasons in disliking a series that are usually highly recommended are pretty trivial.

I am not disliking it, just critiquing it.

As for Gundam recommendations I'd recommend starting with After War Gundam X, most people agree it is solid, combines action and adventure well, and has high quality music and animation for its time.

Not sure about from where the clip is YouTube didn't say.

Today a few friends will be over for Anime night.

Going to be watching LD of Angel's Egg, Aura Battler Dunbine and Dallos.

I really like Dallos but English dub is horrible and they cut a 1/4 from it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'll give 0083 a watch as well.

you won't regret it... i cut school to watch it w my friends back in the days.

i prob seen it about 30 times and still love it. Believe it or not i used it as a lesson in a lecture called "politics and conflicts of interest in leadership dynamics".

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I just finished Cowboy Bebop, movie included. Well it is solid, but masterpiece? Nah. Ed wondering off with Ein just seemed random, the cast was not interesting, the final battle was too short, and the lack of plot development hurt it some. I will give the series credit for having well written humor. The movie itself was somewhat better than the series even if the first half felt somewhat slow. Not sure if I should take on Berserk or Outlaw Star after this.

I'm watching Space Dandy and Kill La Kill and both are fantastic, best animes I've seen in years, even comparing to the level of greatness of Attack on Titan. Animation-wise I prefer these 2 animes to tAttack on Titan, Kill La Kill especially is mindblowing

Gatchaman Crowds. Pretty interesting.

It is, and it has a good premise and some wonderful art. A bit disappointed with the ending though. I have been hearing there might be a second season.

I really want to like Space Dandy more than I do, but there's something missing. I cannot put my finger on what. I hope it gets better as it goes on.

I just watched The Five Star Stories. This has to be the most boring anime movie I have ever watched, lets count the flaws shall we?

-Main character being a trap (the jokes get old) haunted by his dead wife because.... Why? His hair also changes color for no reason

-Elite guards going rogue for no reason

-Slow as hell pacing

-Some fat politician can't make up his mind whether or not he wants to do anything with the main female lead

-Very little action (although what little there was it was actually decent)

-Five stars but only four solar systems in the constellation? Can nobody add?

-Boring characters

-Too short

-Mediocre music

It is like L.Gaim except it does not have Tomino's magic and is on a high budget, which is a shame since the artwork is actually very good.

I also started watching Berserk a couple days ago and got to episode 6. The music is not that good and you can tell it was on a budget, but not bad so far.

I watched the FSS movie a while back. Can't say I really disagree with you. It felt like I was missing a lot - like it was the first 2 episodes of a series.

I presume there's a compelling story in manga out there, but was there any other animation?

I'm 10 episodes in, too late. Anyway, I just caught up to Kill la Kill and wow this anime doesn't even make sense within its own setting:

-How can a scrap of cloth expand into a big scarf?
-If samurai guy is blind how can he tell if money is fake?
-Firing MONEY? REALLY?
-How long is Ryuko's arm reach? Because it should not have been able to recollect that many cloths
-How can pamplets deflect TANK SHELLS?
-HOW ARE TANK SHELLS STILL LETHAL AFTER BEING BONKED? At the very least those steaks should not have cooked.
-How was there zero communication between the generals about Ryuko going around and stealing fragments back?

At least TTGL TRIED to make sense of its logic (and did), this is just poor writing. Anime saved? No, no it is not, anime was never in danger of anything previously, but now it is under attack by Trigger happy loons.

Edited by DuelGundam2099

I don't read manga ever so that isn't going to happen.

That makes two of us my friend.

Then don't watch Berserk, it's basically a teaser for the manga.

I've learned this the hard way :( Got all the way to the end only to have the rug pulled out from under me. Biggest cock tease of a cliffhanger In TV series history.

I've been begging and petitioning thousands of people from various forums to get behind a petition to continue the Berserk TV series up to where the Manga currently is, to no avail :( :( :(

I don't read manga ever so that isn't going to happen.

That's fine. If you miss out on the greatest mecha story ever, no one's gonna cry. Except maybe you.

Didn't Berserk recently have three movies? Did that help?

No. Both the series and the movies only cover the backstory. Where the story goes AFTER that is the part that's most interesting. But again, you don't read manga, so you'll never find out about that.

Edited by Gubaba

Didn't Berserk recently have three movies? Did that help?

The movies, which may or may not continue the story, are just a even shorter adaptation of the already condensed volume 3-13 of berserk. While I do love the Berserk golden age "flashback" arc I wish we could get a REAL animated berserk project. At least the movies included a essential character the TV show left out which creates a huge plot hole by the end of the TV show.

Being a huge fan of the series I'd recommend both the movies and the series even if both pale in comparison to the god level artistry both in the drawings and the story of the manga. Sometimes I realize I have stopped reading and just sit there admiring the art.

But with all that being said Berserk is one of the most slowly published manga. While most manga get 3-5 volumes published a year berserk gets one... sometimes not even. The author has been on a break for nearly a year and word on the street is it will (f*cking finally) have new material published in February.

Can't rush true art I guess.

The movies, which may or may not continue the story, are just a even shorter adaptation of the already condensed volume 3-13 of berserk. While I do love the Berserk golden age "flashback" arc I wish we could get a REAL animated berserk project. At least the movies included a essential character the TV show left out which creates a huge plot hole by the end of the TV show.

Being a huge fan of the series I'd recommend both the movies and the series even if both pale in comparison to the god level artistry both in the drawings and the story of the manga. Sometimes I realize I have stopped reading and just sit there admiring the art.

But with all that being said Berserk is one of the most slowly published manga. While most manga get 3-5 volumes published a year berserk gets one... sometimes not even. The author has been on a break for nearly a year and word on the street is it will (f*cking finally) have new material published in February.

Can't rush true art I guess.

But DuelGundam2099 doesn't read manga. He'll hate Berserk. There's no geting around it. But then, he hated Cowboy Bebop, too, so who cares about his opinon?

My question, DuelGundam2099, is, if you've watched so many anime series over the past year... how many of those did you actually BUY?

Edited by Gubaba

But DuelGundam2099 doesn't read manga. He'll hate Berserk. There's no geting around it. But then, he hated Cowboy Bebop, too, so who cares about his opinon?

I care about his opinion. In any situation where there is a seemingly unanimous opinion held on a subject, you need someone to take the dissenting opinion if for no other reason than to vocalize the (admittedly remote) possibility that everyone else is wrong.

As odd as this sounds, This board needs people like DuelGundam2099 to express that dissenting opinion; He's our 10th man policy if you will. Without DG, this board would be utterly vulnerable to invasion by Zombies and/or the Egyptian army.