What Current Anime Are You Watching Version v4.0

wolfx

Well, I think this thread needs more anime.

I started watching Rouroni Kenshin, the TV series, from the beginning with subtitles now that Crunchyroll has a license. I used to watch random episodes dubbed on Cartoon Network years ago. This and Inuyasha were hard to follow because of Cartoon Network's loopy anime schedule at the time.

The Trust and Betrayal OVAs are two favorites of mine, and serve as a nice contrast telling Kenshin's backstory. I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the story that I've missed.

I've only ever watched the OVA's and I loved them, but never came round to watch the TV series because it didn't seem as well made. When you've watched a sizeable amount of episodes please let us know your thoughts on whether it's worth watching.

The latest episode of Space Dandy was some of the funniest stuff I've seen in years.

Sarcastic jokes about some of the most disturbing hentai ever made aside, I'm about halfway through Polyphonica, and I really like it. The best way I can describe it is if the creators watched ghostbusters and decide to make an anime where instead of capturing ghosts they work along side them to do odd jobs. Toss in some musical instrument based weaponry to provide boosting powers to their spirit partners, and that's what you get. :)

Sarcastic jokes about some of the most disturbing hentai ever made aside

You didn't watch them after all? Meh.

Anyway, GTO episode 1. Oh boy. Hmm. Why is this episode 48 minutes long when the rest seem to be the normal length? Couldn't they divide it into two separate episodes? Well lets see, like with Boys in Love it tried too hard to be funny with lackluster execution in the jokes. Well, MOST of them, that bit with the punk students getting dunked in water was pretty awesome. It really could use less obnoxious looking faces though, kind of reminds me of Golden Boy. The writing was not bad, not much else I can say on that so far. The music is kind of bland, also not much else to add. The second half of the episode tried too hard to be emotional, especially considering the tragic person was a manipulative girl trying to frame the main character was odd. Which is a shame, if they did divide this into two episodes the first half would have easily made a solid first episode, something I rarely see in anime. Unfortunately it did not. Overall I'm not in a hurry to continue watching; not bad though.

Edited by DuelGundam2099

I've finished the first season of Polyphonica and it was quite good even if it was very episodic. At first I was a lttle disappointed to find out season 2 was a prequel series, but a few episodes in it seems to be the strongest of the two. One more thing, iis it me or does the ending theme's melody sound a lot like the theme from the 80s Buck Rogers tv show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ74fi7On6k

You'll love it, no doubt! After watching all the available episodes I was so overwhelmed by it that I checked the original manga.

However the artwork made me stop after a few pages too, I must say it looks quite amateurish and I'm relieved it got its full blown anime show because the story/characterization is a gem.

I just marathoned nine episodes in a row. Instantly hooked! The anime is certainly prettier than the manga, making it much easier to enjoy the story and it's awesome characterization.

This is by far one of the best anime shows I've watched in a long time.

The remastered Blu-ray box of Noir arrived today!

noirbdset_zps10b2e83b.jpg

Hard to believe that it's already been 10+ years since Noir first aired. Still one of my all time favorites. I'd love to have a Figma or SH Figuarts Mireille and Kirika.

Edited by Vifam7

holy $@#&! i didn't think a Noir BD was really going to happen, and this soon!

does it have Eng subs? and where did you buy yours?

i'm going to get it regardless, just to pay homage to one of the few series i have re-watched more than thrice.

i'm game for any new figures, fixed or posable, though i must say, my Mireille and Kirika figures by Yamato are going to be a tough act to follow.

Through ep. 15 on Gurren Lagann. It's getting better every episode. I just love the over-the-top style of action, which probably means I'll love Kill la Kill.

I'm caught up on Log Horizon, eagerly awaiting the next episode week-to-week. I have to admit, I loved Sword Art Online, but I am liking Log Horizon just a tad bit better. The story and characters are much more engaging. It seems to be much more carefully written, taking into account world politics, game mechanics, and group combat strategy.

I started Kids on the Slope a couple of days ago and it's a pleasant show to watch. As usual, my girlfriend was resistant to check it out, but I can tell she loves it after three episodes. I was really looking forward to being exposed to some good jazz music and Yoko Kanno certainly delivers!

holy $@#&! i didn't think a Noir BD was really going to happen, and this soon!

does it have Eng subs? and where did you buy yours?

i'm going to get it regardless, just to pay homage to one of the few series i have re-watched more than thrice.

i'm game for any new figures, fixed or posable, though i must say, my Mireille and Kirika figures by Yamato are going to be a tough act to follow.

It doesn't have English subtitles but it does have the English dub. I purchased mine from CDJapan. Although it's cheaper at Amazon Japan, I always choose CDJapan as they pack better.

I just watched some two episode OVA called Voicework! The Animation. Normally I'd rant on about this being ecchi trash, but this was surprisingly funny and the plot was not half bad. Real shame the music was horrid. Also why the hell did they censor written words? They also censor spoken works in the second half when they did not in the first half, weird.

Edited by DuelGundam2099

Finished watching Gundam Seed and am now watching Casshern Sins. Great watch. Dystopian, apocaliptic slow paced show (I'm a sucker for those). Love the old school art and character designs too and from what I can gather it's a reboot of an anime by none other than Tatsunoko from the 70's. Anyone ever watch the original?

As a fan of Tsutomu Nihei's manga I'm quite excited about the upcoming Knights of Sidonia anime. Check out the trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acc9H-gSE4Y

Last week's Kill la Kill was the worst so far, I'll save most of the issues later, but what I am going to say is STOP ACTING LIKE WE ARE STUPID WE KNOW YOU CAN SEE TAKE THOSE BANDAGES OFF YOUR F**KING EYES ALREADY! *cough* Monday I took on some anime movie called Steamboy, apparently made by the Akira staff. Well, that was one extremely well made movie, even if the beginning was kind of slow.

Edited by DuelGundam2099

Thanks to netflix, I've finally been able to embark on the magnificent journey that is G GUNDAM! SHINING FINNNNNGGGGGGGGGAAAAA!

I'm only 5 episodes in and really enjoying it. I have to admit the story has some unique twists like the colonies using the earth as a battleground to decide who rules, and the people still living on earth not wanting them because of the wanton death and destruction they cause.

Episode 20 of Kill la Kill is awesome for all that appreciate rampant nudity and ludicrous combat scenes. DuelGundam is going to hate it with all his might for sure and give us a CAPS LOCK extravaganza post on all is wrong with it for sure.

Last week's Kill la Kill was the worst so far, I'll save most of the issues later, but what I am going to say is STOP ACTING LIKE WE ARE STUPID WE KNOW YOU CAN SEE TAKE THOSE BANDAGES OFF YOUR F**KING EYES ALREADY! *cough* Monday I took on some anime movie called Steamboy, apparently made by the Akira staff. Well, that was one extremely well made movie, even if the beginning was kind of slow.

I thought Steamboy was well-executed, but it just dragged on for far too long. Definitely worth checking out, though.

Just saw this week's Kill la Kill. Oh hey this was well written and not as contrived as usual, real shame inconsistency plagues this to no end.

You can survive impalement and fix yourself no problem but somehow you CAN'T HEAL YOUR EYE? Really? REALLY? Also more of a nitpick, but a fake nail? I can buy the ludicrous sharpness, but it just seems like a cop out.

As much as I derive this series on so much I will admit that the writing overall is actually decent. (most of the time)

Edited by DuelGundam2099

What episode? Been running for some time.

Rewatching 'Victorian Romance Emma' as my gf never seen it, personally prefer the manga. Different story lines.

It's from the same mangaka who did "A Bride's Story", right? She's one heck of an artist but I wonder how a japanese artist tackles Victorian England. Is it any good?