1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Thanks everyone for the comments and kind words!

Special thanks to wm cheng for his tips in his own 1/3000 sdf-1 paint up and modification thread. Particularly on pointing out the existence of the hull decals and also about making your own pattern stencils which really made a difference, among other things. Also to kyekye for the hiqparts 1/144 decals idea and for getting me thinking on where else LEDs might be a good idea to put with his innovative use of LEDs and fiber optics in his city section. And to them both and vf_1s for inspiring me to work hard on mine with their own amazing SDF-1 customs.

That's one reason I love the forums here. So many talented and helpful people that share their ideas and their work that really help others improve the quality of their own work and inspire people to do better.

Special thanks to wm cheng for his tips in his own 1/3000 sdf-1 paint up and modification thread. Particularly on pointing out the existence of the hull decals and also about making your own pattern stencils which really made a difference, among other things. Also to kyekye for the hiqparts 1/144 decals idea and for getting me thinking on where else LEDs might be a good idea to put with his innovative use of LEDs and fiber optics in his city section. And to them both and vf_1s for inspiring me to work hard on mine with their own amazing SDF-1 customs.

That's one reason I love the forums here. So many talented and helpful people that share their ideas and their work that really help others improve the quality of their own work and inspire people to do better.

RIGHT BACK AT YOU MJ!! What a great community we have here.

Thank you. Your work has been the inspiration for alot of my other projects too! That is one good looking SDF-1! Awesome work!

Thanks, but that was done out of desperation to get an Armored Renewal Vf25S.

Anyway, feast your eyes on more abomination :D

I present to you, my fan fiction SMS Jolly Roger Team. :p

dscn7423.jpg

dscn7425.jpg

Alto's rides.

dscn7426.jpg

And I have this left. As some of you might know, it can no longer assume Battriod mode as the inner hinges are all cracked.

The head is gone for the abovementioned project.

What can I turn it into? Any inputs?

dscn7427.jpg

Edited by TCracker

"Lotion" jeez you are not going to let me live that one down are you?

personally, I'm more inclined to give you a hard time about having copies of Gold Digger. :p

Edited by anime52k8

Seeing those pictures makes me wish Bandai did all of these with the matte plastic rather than the glossy that we got. Ah well, I can keep pining away for Yamato to get a crack at them in 20 years :(

• 2 weeks later...

Okay finally got around to transforming my VF-17D into Battriod mode, of course they were right about removing the boosters to get the arms free, and had no trouble getting the legs down with no incident thanks to my experience the 17S I must say that this is one sharp looking bird. The ball joint in the right foot seemed to have loosened from it's time in gerwalk mode, I don't think it's because of the fast packs, they're light as a feather. Now if Angolz would send my fastpacks for the 17S I already have to make it complete.

VF-17DNightmareDiamondForce35_zps00a3a2b

VF-17DNightmareDiamondForce38_zpsa52bfe1

VF-17DNightmareDiamondForce39_zps86784cc

VF-17DNightmareDiamondForce42_zps6cb28f3

VF-17DNightmareDiamondForce43_zps71423e7

VF-17DNightmareDiamondForce44_zpsbc144c2

VF-17DNightmareDiamondForce45_zps338daaf

VF-17DNightmareDiamondForce47_zps1d54891

VF-17DNightmareDiamondForce49_zpsd39689d

VF-17DNightmareDiamondForce51_zpsfe5a699

• 3 weeks later...

Finaly got my super parts for my VF-17S from Angolz. They sent it out on the 6th and arrived on Thursday that was quick, I had no idea they sent already until it was at the front desk at my job. so here are some pics

102_3302_zps803377af.jpg

102_3303_zpsbfcd3431.jpg

102_3305_zps51a9878a.jpg

102_3306_zpsb7fb2530.jpg

Made some uses for the optional seat I got from the VF-1A DYRL Cannon fodder. Something they should have had from the beginning

102_2833_zpscf13d23d.jpg

102_2834_zpsfd38421c.jpg

102_2835_zpsa201d0f8.jpg

And Kakizaki's final flight, been wanting to this for quite awhile but been busy wih other things so far

102_3309_zps6a6533c8.jpg

102_3307_zps33d1df67.jpg