1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

You seriously take some pretty pictures, man. Love that black background and the lighting. It shows off those weathered Valks of yours real nice! :)

I hope to own a nice camera some day ^_^

Nice cameras are only a small part of a good picture.

lol, indeed, you'll need a good lens too! :lol:

These pictures are fantastic MacrossJunkie, pure eyecandy and your weathering work on the valks and the SDF-1 is amazing

Do you have a gallery where all these are visible together somewhere? It'd make a wonderful slideshow

lol, indeed, you'll need a good lens too! :lol:

These pictures are fantastic MacrossJunkie, pure eyecandy and your weathering work on the valks and the SDF-1 is amazing

Do you have a gallery where all these are visible together somewhere? It'd make a wonderful slideshow

Check my sig ;)

Yep, I can take decent pics with my 7 yr old Canon point and shoot too. The outcome of a photo is definitely a sum of many different aspects.

For sure...lighting, lens, composition...for me, getting away ftom the camera on my phone would be a good baby step! :D

For sure...lighting, lens, composition...for me, getting away ftom the camera on my phone would be a good baby step! :D

Oh yeah, a dedicated camera is highly recommended for decent pictures. It would be a pretty big step actually. I'm of the opinion that phone cameras just don't really cut it. Phones and tablets are getting higher and higher in megapixels, but the built in lenses and sensors in them are still way below par compared to your average point and shoot camera.

I took a couple pics. One with my p&s and another with my phone for comparison's sake. I took multiple shots with the phone, and the one I have below is the best I could manage in terms of clarity and detail. The 7 yr old point and shoot camera does a much better job than my less than 1yr old phone.

Phone:

post-10222-0-54773100-1367022656_thumb.jpg

Camera:

post-10222-0-18595500-1367022655_thumb.jpg

Got around to stickering my new VF-19P, doing some light weathering on it, and dulling the colors a little with a dusting of very light gray. Couldn't clear coat it because it just keep scraping off the nose and other areas.

VF-19P_Fighter_01.jpg

VF-19P_Fighter_02.jpg

VF-19P_Fighter_03.jpg

VF-19P_Fighter_04.jpg

VF-19P_Fighter_05.jpg

VF-19P_Fighter_06.jpg

VF-19P_Fighter_07.jpg

VF-19P_GERWALK_01.jpg

VF-19P_GERWALK_02.jpg

VF-19P_Battroid_01.jpg

VF-19P_Battroid_02.jpg

VF-19P_Battroid_03.jpg

VF-19P_Battroid_04.jpg

I have a question, did the VF-19P come with a gunpod or did you add that from one of the other VF-19's?

The 19P comes with a Gunpod.

Speaking of the 19P, I was just looking mine over today. It took a bad spill off the shelf a month ago. I didn't notice the stabilizer on the left leg is dinged and bent now. Hell of a time to find a replacement. Oh well.

Edited by Mommar

The 19P comes with a Gunpod.

Speaking of the 19P, I was just looking mine over today. It took a bad spill off the shelf a month ago. I didn't notice the stabilizer on the left leg is dinged and bent now. Hell of a time to find a replacement. Oh well.

wow that was a quick response, just went back to check on some more e-mails when I notced the notification that you relpied about my question, minutes after I posted it thanks.

I have a question, did the VF-19P come with a gunpod or did you add that from one of the other VF-19's?

It comes with a gunpod that's lighter in color than the ones that come with the S and F.

I didn't know they came with USB ports on the back. ;)

It's so you can play mp3 music from the shoulder speakers. (not really)

Whooo HOOO!!!! Good news I just ordered the VF-19P from HK Collectables for only $295. I know I said the VF-17D was going to be my last Yamato Valkyrie even before I knew the big wigs at Yamato decided to sell their company to Arcadia, But couldn't pass up a chance to get this on after so many have posted theirs on the forums. so Mommar if your looking for a replacement HK collecables is the place I found them here in the forums through a Bing search a while back, and remembered to check if they still had it.

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Maybe you're seeing something I'm not, but the two images (subject angle aside) don't seem that far off to me.

They both look great!

The cellphone pic lacks focus and sharpness and doesn't capture detail very well. And just to get the amount I had required putting it very close to the subject, hence the distortion. It's also lacking in color depth, most noticeably where the color gradients appear more greenish while trying to represent the intended color.

Whooo HOOO!!!! Good news I just ordered the VF-19P from HK Collectables for only $295. I know I said the VF-17D was going to be my last Yamato Valkyrie even before I knew the big wigs at Yamato decided to sell their company to Arcadia, But couldn't pass up a chance to get this on after so many have posted theirs on the forums. so Mommar if your looking for a replacement HK collecables is the place I found them here in the forums through a Bing search a while back, and remembered to check if they still had it.

Congrats on getting a 19P. It's a beauty. Speaking of which, I think I may redo the weathering on mine. I'm not satisfied with it as I had issues getting the paint to come out of the airbrush reliably because it was drying out too fast and clogging in the airbrush. I got more thinner and may try going for a round 2 with it.

That's it...from here on out I'm sending every Valk I own to MacrossJunkie for weathering. I just need his address........ :ph34r:

I like that idea too :p

I tried. He told me to go kick rocks. J/K.

Okay, so I want to give a clear answer on why I haven't accepted requests to weather other people's valks.

My confidence or slight lack thereof in my work aside, there's just other issues that I don't really know how to handle.

My biggest fear is if there is a QC flaw in a toy sent to me and it breaks while on my watch. What would I do? It would be hard to prove it wasn't my fault and I don't think I could afford to replace them, particularly with the prices that Yamato valks are skyrocketing to now. My own 19S apparently was flawed and crumbled on its own, but initially seemed fine out of the box.

Secondly I don't know how much or what kind of rates people have been charging for this kind of thing.

Even if I were to just ask for payment for cost of materials used and for return shipping, working out a way to accept payments would be a hassle since I won't ever set up a paypal account that is linked to my bank account. I've had bad experiences with paypal and won't ever use them again other than to send payments to online stores for valks through credit card for those that accept it as the only method. Paypal alternatives seem to be geared for business use rather than personal.

Lastly, time can be a factor as it may be days or it may be weeks before I find the time to work on it so I can't really give a clear time frame.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

That is a great job with the weathering, Lolicon. I love seeing people do this stuff.

Thanks! I wouldn't have done so well if not for all the tips from you, wm cheng, and a few others. Incredibly helpful! Thanks! :)

Excellent weathering, impeccable job.

How did you get such a constant flow on the panel lines, they are so hard to work with.

I used the Tamiya weathering kits, which I've had in my drawer for ages but never got around to trying till a few days ago. They come in a variety of colors, but set B is good for starters. Each kit should last through many valkyries.

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?SeriesID=2016

What do you use to clear coat? ( might be stupid question)

Personally, I use pure Future for gloss or mixed with varying amounts of Tamiya flat base depending on how flat I want the coat to be.

Do they sell those kits stateside or is HLJ my best option?

I've gotten them from sellers on Amazon as well, but it might actually be cheaper getting it from HLJ.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Yeah, thanks. I actually know they still have them in stock there, I just can't justify another purchase. I'll have to live with the dinged stabilizer.